My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ufo
    I sincerely want to say THANK YOU, you have a strong spirit and a very big heart for sharing this to the whole world. I believe you, as I've believe in Tesla's work. Thank you,

Comment

Thank you UFO

Hi UFO, I've been lurking on here for a while and want to thank you for all your hard work and your disclosure of information.

I got the oscillator working and its running great .

Now I'm working on the symmetric to asymmetric motor conversion. Just want to let everyone know getting the commutator off of the shaft is a pain! (As john_g said, it is a witch!) Do not apply pressure to the mica base or elements just as UFO said. I learned the hard-way(As usual). Luckily I have more motors, I also may be able to salvage the commutator since I didn't destroy the contact elements.

Attached Files

Comment

commutator

Hi All
        I found the commutator to come off vary easy but I did it a different way. After stripping the rotor down, I scraped the paint off of the other end of the shaft and placed the rotor in a vice litely with the commutator end up. Then tap, tap, tap with a hammer on the end of the shaft and it slid down even with the commutator. I then took a welding rod piece three inches long and pushed the shaft out alltogeather with one more tap. Vary easy. It took two minutes.
        Dana
        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
        Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hey
          Ok I got this thing build. I need glue for the magnets and winding pattern, just a bit of welding for permanent sake. I know you said your bosch motor was 20 poled. Mine are 16 (With 4 magnetic poles and 4 brush's per end) and I am curious as to how to come up with the V pattern in the winding's. And how many windings to use.

Any pointers will help get the job done early tomorrow.

If anybody else is interested and want's good motor to get started with, I used 2 razor scooter motors 300 watt. The commutator comes off with a small black O'ring clip. A slight tap to the shaft releases it.
          You have to mill the shaft down a bit in the front of the motor and mill the second back plate that will go on the front. But its all pretty easy if you got a little sense. Happy to fill in the blanks if you need it.

Cheers
          Matt

Comment

Thanks for the tip prochiro. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Hi folks, this may be a little hard to convert, though it is all i have to experiment with at the moment.
              @ufo, will this 3 pole motor show the same effects or no, thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
              peace love light
              tyson

Comment

Five Pole Radio Shack Windings

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello to all,

I am preparing a nice animation to be seen all the windings-connections in 3D...Not to be right away...but coming...

Now this image will give you the understanding. However, when showing this plan view, I reduced the lower commutator and there are not shown the lower brushes ..it will create confusion, but you all know they are "crossed in diagonal" on this motor, as my video Part 1 explains it. So Output Negative would be the "G", and the one shown on left "M" would be Positive Motor (Input).

You just wind Pairs of Coils as You just do a Coil, continuously, except going through the angle of the Armature Core, just like a "Bent Coil" in V Shape.
                Now please, this tends to confusion, because once you start winding, you could loose where was your starting point...so, please mark it with a tape on shaft or permanent marker, the side chosen to start all coils.

Do one Pair at a time, continuous winding and connect them to commutator elements as you go...

My Photobucket link...in case can not read clearly here

5P_2S_1.jpg picture by ufopolitics - Photobucket

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hello Skywatcher

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                  Hi folks, this may be a little hard to convert, though it is all i have to experiment with at the moment.
                  @ufo, will this 3 pole motor show the same effects or no, thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  peace love light
                  tyson

The three poles are great, this motor is pretty little...but it do could work...
                  The three poles are the easiest ones to make...Just wind All Coils same direction, and attach same way as the rest...upper lower 1, 2,3...all independently from the others...but it has to be set differently what I call the "Firing Angle" where brush contacts element versus positioning of Coil related to stators...I will post a pic of the 3 Pole tomorrow

The only thing am seeing, is that cutting it will be very close to magnets and pretty hard...and it is a ring stator, they brake easy, so be careful...

Reagards

Ufopolitics
                  Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-13-2012, 08:14 AM.
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

7 pole motors

Don't want you overworked now UFO, but at my local scrap-yard heaven there are lots of 24 Volt DC 7-pole motors.
                    Would you please give me advice how to rewind/recoil them

ps. They are all equiped with two half-circle magnets in the casing.
                    pps. You surely have found a lot of new friends

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                      Hi UFO

Can you clarify the winding direction of the coils? A few of us are ready to wind up. Are the pairs of coils say wound both clockwise when viewed side-on, or is one clockwise and the other anticlockwise?

I presume the pattern shown in the picture is repeated by moving forward one slot, etc.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...s/P6290503.jpg
                      If I understand this correctly, the difference between this kind of winding and a traditional winding is that this is in essence a unidirectionally steered motor, in that sense that the coils are always excited in the same direction. In other words: there is no forced reversal of polarity.

What this does, is first of all establishes a closed magnetic loop trough the poles, which normally maintains itself nicely just as with a PM, as can be seen from Leedskalnin's perpetual motion holder:

Edward Leedskalnin's Perpetual Motion Holder

The magnetic force maintained in this loop is a dynamic force, much like a flowing waterfall, which in the static case exerts a force that is balanced across the poles, symmetric, and therefore no resulting force.

However, with a gentle unidirectional tickling of the coil, you can bend this already existing force, such that you create an imbalance in the system, and you get some asymmetry, which gives you a torque.

The problem with the normal way of winding is that because of the disruptive switching characteristics of the commutator, you use a lot of brute force to enforce sudden changes of the magnetic field trough your poles, which is expensive in terms of energy. With the overlapping way of winding AND uni-directional steering, you don't get these brute sudden changes in the magnetic field, but you allow it to change gradually.

In other words: with UFO's way of winding YOU only have to provide the energy needed to "bend" or "redirect" the already existing magnetic field, while with the normal way of winding YOU have to spend a lot of energy to kick the magnetic field back and forth between two extreme "redirection" positions for no reason at all.

Very, very interesting design.

Comment

Woaooowww !!

Ufopolitics you are THE MAN,

my replication of your motor works and that on a friday 13th.

It is incredible that by connecting the plus and minus totally assymetrically the motor spins and very well.
                        Sometimes i have to give a small quick to get the spinning, but it works great, am totally amazed

OK i have to calm down now and go on the experiment and testing.

Just for the other replicators. I begin the winding by fixing the wire (for me 0.2 mm copper wire ) at the small hooking point on the collector. Than i begin to wind the first 25 turns as per Ufo shematic, than with the same wire (no cutting) i began the next 25 turns in V shape, than i fix the end on the opposite hooking point on the collector. So the same wire winds the 2 X 25 turns. And that 5 times. My 2X 25 turns (or 50 turns ) gives about 1.6 ohm dc resistance.

let's go men we have winner here

Anyway great BRAVO and many thank's for sharing

good luck at all

Laurent
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi all

here the first of very probably long list of video

good luck at all

Laurent

Ufo assymetric motor part 1 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by woopy View Post
                            Hi all

here the first of very probably long list of video

good luck at all

Laurent

Ufo assymetric motor part 1 - YouTube
                            Great work woopi, and good video too. Do you have any readings of volts/amps?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the information Ufo. Also thanks to Woopy for a very quick replication. Much appreciated.

al

Comment

Hi

Well done Woppy. I have had mine quickly running both ways, goes very fast. Had a slight snag, I used some shellac to seal up the windings, which I thought had dried - It hadn't and spun it out through the motor like a centrifuge! Be dry tomorrow.

Regards

John

Pictures by john_g2 - Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X