Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Monsieur

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
    Ufopolitics thank you for sharing your knowledge .... i have a question .... if it is not out of place .... you mention pair of isolated coils .... would a Smith Coil / Caduceus Coils ... when looked at its form and the way it behaves can they act as a pair of isolated coils .... just wondering

ps: if you are interested : recent docs have been posted on it : Caduceus Winding (Smithcoil) | Paranormalis

Hello MonsieurM,

I looked at it...no, that is some complicated winding...when I said "isolated" I meant not connected to the rest, independent...isolated pairs of coils...they are just connected between them in series and to each commutator segment...and so every one in the system...not internally connected as a whole serial bunch...like typical Symmetric motors...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Step one...

Ok I have taken the commutator off the sacrificial unit and placed it on the back end of the back end. It was touch and go there for a while. When pressing it back onto the other shaft I flipped the case over and was able to tap the shaft so it went through the bearing hole while the commutator was equalied against the outside of the hole. That worked very nicely without any real force just very gentle taps.

Next step I think will be to cut off the back end of the housing. There are four little dimples around the perimeter and if I understand correctly I should cut just past those. But that will be tomorrows task.....

What a trip!

Les

Comment

Great Les_K

Originally posted by Les_K View Post
        Ok I have taken the commutator off the sacrificial unit and placed it on the back end of the back end. It was touch and go there for a while. When pressing it back onto the other shaft I flipped the case over and was able to tap the shaft so it went through the bearing hole while the commutator was equalied against the outside of the hole. That worked very nicely without any real force just very gentle taps.

Next step I think will be to cut off the back end of the housing. There are four little dimples around the perimeter and if I understand correctly I should cut just past those. But that will be tomorrows task.....

What a trip!

Les

Hello Les_K,

Did You see my pictures above?...of the 5 pole close up?
        There I have pictured almost the whole deal...you could see where to cut...I made the video spinning...but transferring, plus putting it all in one track and uploading it is a trip...
        Hope I will get to sleep some hours...lol

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

The Witch Commutator!

Hi

Thought I would share a few thoughts about removing the commutator – which behaves like the witch! Here’s how I got mine off. Using a knife blade remove all the insulation varnish/resin from the rotor face adjacent to the commutator to be removed. Using a fine saw blade, hold the blade flat against the rotor (where the resin has been removed), and draw the blade over the plastic of the commutator, to make a cut, removing just a blades width of plastic all around the commutator , thus exposing the shaft.

The commutator now needs to be pushed up the shaft to remove it. Make 2 tools using 20mm x 3mm x 60mm aluminium. In the aluminium make a saw cut the width of the shaft and about 10mm long, and camphor the end, so it will fit under the commutator. Using this, and a 5 mm nail against the rotor face, you can lever the commutator upwards. Note mine made quite a sharp snap when initially levered up, thought it had broken, it hadn’t. Use the other tool as packing, when you run out of movement.

Hope that is of some help.

Regards

John
          Attached Files

Comment

G'Day UFO
            Looks great can hardly wait to get my first part going then this Perhaps a motor for My Bike then a Motor for My Car
            Thanks for sharing
            Regards

Comment

UFO, Thank you for sharing.

On SEPIC converters, there is plenty on the the internet.
              For a kick off:

SEPIC Converter Circuit Basics - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                That wire will work just fine...28 and 30 awg is just a hair away...

Those little motors could be solder with a 30 Watts Iron...but it will take longer to heat the metal to the point of melting the solder, scrape it good to clean it before...do not melt the solder with iron...but try on right next to it but on body of motor metal, till it starts melting...then melt it right on crack area...must put it on a vise...Now, you could use the Q-Bond I mentioned on your magnets thread...that works great. Or any other fast glue like crazy glue...it will not be for ever though...

No device could be a self runner just like that Wonza...that you just hook out to in and vuala...sorry...there are more things involved my friend...caps, tronics...delay circuits...etc

Regards

Ufopolitics

Thanks Ufo! That lets me chose which iron to buy.

Sorry, I realize there's a lot more involved, I was just wanting confirmation if it would be possible. So eventually we could all have a device like this in our homes powering all our devices without any outside fuel, just a large battery to store the power that gets generated. I know much work would have to be done to get there, but is something like that possible?

Also, how would this device work being used purely as a generator? E.g. being turned by wind/wave power? I assume you power get power out of both sides?

Comment

[CENTER][B]Report: UFO shots down WITCH over Florida; Military says not to worry, it was just a weather balloon. Later eye-witness reports of same UFO chasing FARMHAND down the road with a ....Broomstick.[CENTER][B]

Wow, go away for a few days and you miss the party. Ufo, thats amazing, thank you so much, you got a big heart ufo.

Thug

Comment

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                    Hello Les_K,

Did You see my pictures above?...of the 5 pole close up?
                    There I have pictured almost the whole deal...you could see where to cut...I made the video spinning...but transferring, plus putting it all in one track and uploading it is a trip...
                    Hope I will get to sleep some hours...lol

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Yes, The pictures were a great help. Mine looks just like your pictures show.
                    I should have made a little video of the process... I may try and do a quick one just to show the process. I was pretty tired so I fell asleep right after I posted But your description of the process and pictures were great!

Thanks UFO,
                    Les

Comment

UFO,

I am a bit confused about how you have wound your coils on the armature.
                      Please expand on that.

With regards the casing, clearly you have basically are joining two frames together after butchering them!

I found a motor from an old electric drill in my bits box which has a long commutator. I and planning on cutting the commutator in half in situ and add
                      another set of brushes from another motor!

Much Regards

Comment

UFO,

I love what you are doing, and how you are doing it.

One of my favorite things in life is when a NEW common sense takes the place of an old tired one. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

We now believe in UFO's.

Comment

Hi Ufo

Bravo ,thank's very much for sharing

i will give a go to your very unconventional and interesting motor

here i am ready for the winding, but need some spec on how to do the pyramid.
                          Thank's

good luck at all

Laurent
                          Attached Files

Comment

UFO,
                            I know I am jumping the gun here but if you refered to one set one the commutator connections by numbers 1,2,3 etc and the other set by "A, B, C .."
                            it would save a lot of confusion!

Comment

Bosch-badsey Motor,750watts, Ran By Little Batt...

20090823173537 - YouTube

SPEC'S OF MOTOR (PDF) BELOW...It is not a 700W but a 750W Motor, 24V in "Symmetric Version"...

You guys tell me...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

winding info

Wow, this is the best OU I have seen so far on this site
                                Could you shed some light on how to wind the coils and hook to the commutators?
                                (Sorry I am a novice with respect to winding motors)

Thanks
                                Bert
                                Last edited by bbem; 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X