My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big'n.

WOW, Machine, that's a big one you got there, are you talking a generator or a motor?

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hey Cornboy,

I am really thinking about that generator, actually can't stop thinking about it, and using the imperial to run it. It's just so big and heavy, I would have to flip it upright, I think, spin it from above, and secure rotor from bottom, maybe UFO will have some ideas .

Maybe I'll make a rotor to spin and a Figuera generator core that I can switch.
      This time I am going to think about how to match coils, stators and rotors, 1:1/4, 1:1, etc. Any ideas? What are you going to do with Mags?

I think I may have to mod the other imperial housing, that the asymmetrical generator is in, remove permanent magnets, and install 4 wound stators. Cornboy, I am so envious of your motor, and you're doing such a wicked job building it. I think, I would like to compare the two imperials, with different stators, to see just how big a difference there is. But just thinking about it, having all the motor coils and generator coils working together, communicating, ya just know its gonna be insane.

Edit maybe I could use the imperial magnets for the inner stationary field, for the generator.
      Machine
      Last edited by machinealive; 07-03-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• @ Garry
        Welcome to the posting part of this adventure.
        It is vary good that your getting to know the Arduino world. It seems that you are grasping some of the complexity but not all. Let me explain. The program you have created is in fact good for what it does but can not control the Imperial with 60 volts and possibly 40 amps at times. Further, by dimming the arduino, Monster circuit will not operate correctly and too much (Delay) at every turn. What I am doing with my setup is this. I am using two Arduino's that have at least two internal serial ports, (Serial and Serial1), On the slave Arduino, we have the pulsing code that controls the Monster circuit as I have done in the past. I need to control the Imperial RPM automatically during loading and unloading.This will not work with even one interrupt in the Arduino that does the actual pulsing so we will not have one. How this is done is using the second Serial port in the slave to only receive two bites which represent the desired duty cycle to our motor. This controls the volts and amps time on to control speed.
        Now, as that is all that is done in the slave. The Master Arduino however has much more work to do.It can do much more as it is not in the timed pulsing event as the slave is. The master can read RPM as well as many other things from the Imperial and its related events. The most important thing that the Master does is read the RPM and adjust the duty cycle in a similar way as you have in your program. In the Master is code that is called PID. It will adjust the duty cycle as needed to stay at 3600 RPM no matter what happens. It is custom controlled to be mild or aggressive as you can adjust everything on the fly thru an executable program on any computer. It looks like a control panel in a jet. Every bit of information is available in true time on the panel as well as several other controls which operate the Imperial. Both this control program and the Master Arduino can take there sweet time doing what ever you tell them to do and one other important thing, simply shoot a new duty cycle number to the Slave only when it is necessary to change it. The Slave is free of everything but doing what it has done in past programs. There is much programming but yet much more testing other methods of doing the code and getting the best and most professional system I can. I have spent a hundred hours or more just checking out alternate methods. It would be nice here to have another person to help with many things in this control system.
        Thank You
        Dana
        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Thanks DANA.

Thanks DANA, for all your hard work, on the electronic side of things here.

I am sure i speak for all, when i say that it is very much appreciated.

Just havn't worked out how to get truckloads of Garlic to anyone Yet.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Low drag.

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
            Hey Cornboy,

I am really thinking about that generator, actually can't stop thinking about it, and using the imperial to run it. It's just so big and heavy, I would have to flip it upright, I think, spin it from above, and secure rotor from bottom, maybe UFO will have some ideas .

This time I am going to think about how to match coils, stators and rotors, 1:1/4, 1:1, etc. Any ideas? What are you going to do with Mags?

I think I may have to mod the other imperial housing, that the asymmetrical generator is in, remove permanent magnets, and install 4 wound stators. Cornboy, I am so envious of your motor, and you're doing such a wicked job building it. I think, I would like to compare the two imperials, with different stators, to see just how big a difference there is. But just thinking about it, having all the motor coils and generator coils working together, communicating, ya just know its gonna be insane.

Edit maybe I could use the imperial magnets for the inner stationary field, for the generator.
            Machine

Hello Machine, The Figuera generator, with UFO's design input, could be a winner, built from scratch, to fit inside a motor housing, direct connected to motor shaft, and same pulses from motor stators, or back pulses, exciting the generator.

I will build a small 4" model to test when i have the MAG3 finished, but technically, i am sure that an imperial could drive a large version of this low drag design. The biggest challenge is the air core rotor has to be non metallic.

I am almost finished my urgent farm work and will soon be spending 6 hrs a day on MAG3, till spinning.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Nice Generator!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
              Hey Cornboy,

Machine
              Hello Machine, Hello to All,

Machine that is a "Massive" Steel "conglomerate" my friend!...I notice there are "solid steel" Poles...not laminated...or am I wrong?...maybe picture does not shows because of rust...

I am guessing you will send it to be Sandblasted with a heavy pressure machine...

Related to running it with an Imperial...remember there must be a certain weight balance or similar mass weight, between both machines rotors...

Now, what I would do...is what you wrote in the second paragraph above...A Figuera's Generator!...

Any "Divisible by Four" BIG Motor Armature (like a Big Twelve, Twenty Four or even a Twenty Poles) could be fitted within those Monster Stators...Leaving enough air gap...as to make a "Steel-Less" Generating Fields Rotor / Figuera's Style...to spin between them...

BUT...WTF!?....YOUR IMPERIAL ROTOR is a 28 Poles!!...and if you divide by four would have Seven Nice and tight Four Poles...geez!, I have been away for too long...

Please fit inside your Imperial Asymmetrical Generator Armature and take a picture (I do not want you to take apart your newly wound Beast!...) ...and let's see how it goes...I have no idea of that gap.

Then...Your Imperial would be able to spin it "Laughing Out Loud"...

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Great NEWS!!

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                Hello Machine, The Figuera generator, with UFO's design input, could be a winner, built from scratch, to fit inside a motor housing, direct connected to motor shaft, and same pulses from motor stators, or back pulses, exciting the generator.

I will build a small 4" model to test when i have the MAG3 finished, but technically, i am sure that an imperial could drive a large version of this low drag design. The biggest challenge is the air core rotor has to be non metallic.

I am almost finished my urgent farm work and will soon be spending 6 hrs a day on MAG3, till spinning.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Hello Cornboy!

Those are grrreat news!...I have even dreamed about seen the MAG3 Spinning...!!...

Your guess was identical to my thoughts about Machine's Huge Generator...amazing!

I am VERY sure Machine would be able to "mold" or lathe or whatever... a very nice "Metal-Less" Rotor from scratch...remember NOT Aluminum either!

I have been thinking about carbon fiber...will kill Radiant Spikes...but not hot...not sure though...

I have been thinking about Figuera's Generator (the Dynamic One)...and applying the Pulsing with Monster's and Dana's arrangement and codes...BUT...

If We do that...and in order to GAIN a "simulated or fooling" a super hyper magnetic field changes...will have to do the following:

According to the "Physical Shaft Rotation", say would be CW...on Generator...then, the Gates Sequences would have to be "Opposite" to CW...or CCW.

Got It??

If we do BOTH AT SAME ROTATION SENSE...then "The "Relative Speed" between Rotor and Pulses would be VERY SLOW...to the point of getting even...simulating a "Stand Still" even going at 10,000 RPM's...

However, IF We do opposite rotations...the "Relative Speed" between spinning rotor and pulsing sequences will Amplify...

Correct me Guys, if I am wrong...I could always be...even not being Human...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Amazing Dedication...Excellent Work!

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  @ Garry
                  Welcome to the posting part of this adventure.
                  It is vary good that your getting to know the Arduino world. It seems that you are grasping some of the complexity but not all. Let me explain. The program you have created is in fact good for what it does but can not control the Imperial with 60 volts and possibly 40 amps at times. Further, by dimming the arduino, Monster circuit will not operate correctly and too much (Delay) at every turn. What I am doing with my setup is this. I am using two Arduino's that have at least two internal serial ports, (Serial and Serial1), On the slave Arduino, we have the pulsing code that controls the Monster circuit as I have done in the past. I need to control the Imperial RPM automatically during loading and unloading.This will not work with even one interrupt in the Arduino that does the actual pulsing so we will not have one. How this is done is using the second Serial port in the slave to only receive two bites which represent the desired duty cycle to our motor. This controls the volts and amps time on to control speed.
                  Now, as that is all that is done in the slave. The Master Arduino however has much more work to do.It can do much more as it is not in the timed pulsing event as the slave is. The master can read RPM as well as many other things from the Imperial and its related events. The most important thing that the Master does is read the RPM and adjust the duty cycle in a similar way as you have in your program. In the Master is code that is called PID. It will adjust the duty cycle as needed to stay at 3600 RPM no matter what happens. It is custom controlled to be mild or aggressive as you can adjust everything on the fly thru an executable program on any computer. It looks like a control panel in a jet. Every bit of information is available in true time on the panel as well as several other controls which operate the Imperial. Both this control program and the Master Arduino can take there sweet time doing what ever you tell them to do and one other important thing, simply shoot a new duty cycle number to the Slave only when it is necessary to change it. The Slave is free of everything but doing what it has done in past programs. There is much programming but yet much more testing other methods of doing the code and getting the best and most professional system I can. I have spent a hundred hours or more just checking out alternate methods. It would be nice here to have another person to help with many things in this control system.
                  Thank You
                  Dana

Dana...

Every time I read your advances into this set up...Your tests, and your valuable time into this project...I feel SO, VERY HAPPY!

And the more I am glad...that you stayed with Us all, in those moments where you were having trouble on this Forum...

For some reason (completely unknown) I had a "Gut or GOD Feeling"...(A Feeling from deep inside of Me) that I would need you here with all of Us...

At the same token...and I am pretty sure You know that...ALL YOUR WORK HERE...would be required...not only to move Imperial Versus Mecc Alte or any other Symmetric and ridiculous Generator Head...

I will need your work to FLY our future prototypes, from the R/C Models to the Real Size to carry Passengers...with an exactitude so precise...that there would not be ANY chances of failure at all.

And, of course...applicable also to Terrestrial EV Propulsion...

And future "Fusion" of Figuera's Generators...coupled with our Asymmetrical Machines...

Clear and very stable Network Communication Protocols you are creating here...my dear friend...between Machine and Human Interface, Automation, Logic Controls, etc,etc...through advanced Cybernetics...

Robotics...

I could keep on going...and going,... on so many more "future applications" my friend...that I could make this post "endless"...

Very Warm Regards Dear Friend!

And many, many thanks for your GREAT Dedication!!

I am sure..."one day"...it "will pay back" to You...in so huge amounts of Happiness...that there would NOT BE, ANY "Legal Tender Notes" that could buy them out...

Ufopolitics
                  Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-03-2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• The Dream.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                    Hello Cornboy!

Those are grrreat news!...I have even dreamed about seen the MAG3 Spinning...!!...

Your guess was identical to my thoughts about Machine's Huge Generator...amazing!

I am VERY sure Machine would be able to "mold" or lathe or whatever... a very nice "Metal-Less" Rotor from scratch...remember NOT Aluminum either!

I have been thinking about carbon fiber...will kill Radiant Spikes...but not hot...not sure though...

I have been thinking about Figuera's Generator (the Dynamic One)...and applying the Pulsing with Monster's and Dana's arrangement and codes...BUT...

If We do that...and in order to GAIN a "simulated or fooling" a super hyper magnetic field changes...will have to do the following:

According to the "Physical Shaft Rotation", say would be CW...on Generator...then, the Gates Sequences would have to be "Opposite" to CW...or CCW.

Got It??

If we do BOTH AT SAME ROTATION SENSE...then "The "Relative Speed" between Rotor and Pulses would be VERY SLOW...to the point of getting even...simulating a "Stand Still" even going at 10,000 RPM's...

However, IF We do opposite rotations...the "Relative Speed" between spinning rotor and pulsing sequences will Amplify...

Correct me Guys, if I am wrong...I could always be...even not being Human...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Yes, i have dreamed about it too UFO, and also the next build with larger DIA rotor, like pancake, about 450mm dia and 200mm long, still 36 pole, with heaps of room on outer rotor circumference, to wind coils that are all close to stator copper wire, and stators with very thin outer faces, also heaps of room in rotor to imbed high voltage capicitors, into central rotor core.

And of course, your design of counterweight, internally fitted, in motor housing, housing could be fabricated 15mm alluminium, hex shape.

Oh yeh, and a low drag generator on the same shaft, all completly contained in one housing.

Just dreaming at this point, i am sure the dream will be modified when you feel the time is right.

Warm Regards UFO, and glad you are here, Cornboy.

Comment

• Dreams become Reality...

Cornboy,

Dreams become reality my friend, you know that...

My "Dream" was not related to Energy (it just "came" to me...like I have posted before)...but to build a very stable, flying craft...that would NOT resemble ANY of the existing ones... so far...in our entire history...all this...was "once"... just a dream...

I believe Humanity needs to "brake frontiers"...first, "locally" ...then..."Globally" or flying freely...between our own planet...

Airport$ Custom$...Toll$...Street$, Highway$, Expre$$way$...Limitation$ would be COMPLETELY destroyed...gone...history...

We need that in order to reach Higher Civilization Levels...as much as we need Free Energy Devices.

As it ALSO would have to be "Open Sourced"...as you will understand it is "also" a "National Security Treat"...

Imagine you could "Fly" your Load of Garlic ANYWHERE...and ANY Weight you Want...

Possible?

Yes, and being as serious, as a Heart Attack.

I will eventually display to you all the "Counterweights Engine Design"...however, I see it like the making/constructing/training of another "Super Heavier Weight Fighter"...for a "Fight" that is about to be finished very soon...my friend...hope you understand what I mean.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Dana,

I am aware of the simplistic nature of this program. It was designed to illustrate a point much like the program quad blink on post 4514, and in reference to a post you made to hitby13kw on post 4524 calling him a silly boy because you could not possibly have more than 25% duty cycle. the truth is the duty cycle can be more than 25% for the time period allotted whether that be 100 milliseconds or 2 milliseconds. This program as all of the arduino examples only serve as an introduction to a salient point. It is very simple to determine the wait period based on the target rpm and adjust the duty cycle up or down to bring it back into the target range. Obviously if there is no need of the adjustment it is not made. Perhaps you have changed your position since these two posts. It was very early in your exploration of Arduino. I would like to see a more recent example of the program that you are designing, and if I can be of assistance to help in coding it. I have many thousands of hours of programming experience and would be happy to help.

Cheers,

Garry

Comment

• Hey UFO,

I think the imperial rotor would be too small, to use as the inner stator, for the Figuera gen. Here is pic of an aluminum tube the same size as the imperial housing.

The big stator poles are laminated. I'm gonna get it sandblasted and painted, John Deere green .

Maybe, for the Figuera gen, I'll build the inner stator with oak.. Just 4 poles to match outer stator.

@Dana, if I only knew how to help you, except to get my driver setup going. Thank you for your effort, you're doing a great job.

Comment

• Hi Garry

I guess I do not understand you can have more than 25 percent duty. The total possible is 100, divided into four parts which is 25 percent each and UFO's requirement of no overlap so Amps stay down. If at any time there is an actual condition where any two of the four are on at the same time, Amps go high as well as spikes back. The only case where I could see that an overlap would be maybe useful is for higher power transfer for boosting but this has a vary high cost at input.
                            However, if an overlap was desired for boosting, do you know of an easy way to do this without a lot of fractionating of high and low timing?
                            I would like to have ideas and help. Maybe you could write a quick outline of how you would do this and then we have even more choices.
                            My outline is more or less what I described in the above post. I am still not settled upon fastest and safest method to tx rx. I2C is unsafe even when adding caps( it only takes and stop to crash). I have not tried the latest more expensive accessories yet but the cheap ones are slow and junk. What would you use.
                            Dana
                            "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Red.

Hey Machine, why don't you paint it TORO red? much better!!.

I am sure the inner exciter will need to be metal, for heavy flux transfer. With a large dia structure like you have there the sandwiched drum could probably be stretched to about 15mm thick, maybe?, no one really knows yet.

I am hoping the drum could be made from Delrin, if heat isn't a problem.

All the Best, Cornboy.

Comment

• More Hints...

@Machine:

Here Mr Machine Alive...some more "Hints" to fly...so you could "relax" a bit... from heavy steel machines...

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Friend

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X