Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour

UFO

You are so right. I need a little break, so I can finish about 20 small jobs that are using up my mental capacity. Need to recharge, spend some time in the woods, deep in the woods .

When I tried helping to spin the motor, I didn't really seem to notice any difference, it wasn't harder to spin,at least.

I also tried pulsing just the common output, with one monster. The monster was eaten by your motor.

I need to try the Hg switch, just to see the amp change. And I do want to hook up meccalte, then a couple 100 w lamps, to see RPM change, then break time.

The only small motor I built was the RadioShack mod. I'll fix the monsters.

Hey Cornboy, I see you found the electro horticulture material, I want to try some of that as well. More forgotten knowledge.

Thanks for everyone's help, talk to you all later
    Machine

Comment

• @ All
      This is important.
      There still seems to be some confusion about JS's circuits so I backed up and went over what we have been using as reference and found that there is one file JS gave us that is larger and has detail information that is not in what we have been using. I January and February of this year, JS was giving out a lot of PDF's and this one is seems to be lost in our minds as even I can not find where it was released in the forum. It shows better and complete diagrams of both input and output on page 22. over solder directions on pages 19 thru 21 and is 40 pages deep instead of the 26 page reference posted earlier. Eather most have not seen this or not read this one thinking it was not for the Imperial.
      Everyone should download this and keep it in your main Imperial reference directory.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mmadm4vv4...%28V5.1%29.pdf
      Dana
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• @ All
        This is how heavy solder should look.
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/16s8ew31n4...ink1%20006.jpg

@ Sampojo
        You are correct as far as you have shown but remember , as in the above two posts, there is another bridge or triangle going from outermost fet pins to the other pad also.
        Dana
        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Thank you

@ Dana

Thank you for taking your precious time to repost valuable information. We definitely need it to be successful with this build!

Keep it Clean and Green
          Richie

Comment

• Spinning generator at 12, 36, and 48 v constant dc - YouTube

Comment

• Will be curious to see when you add a load.

Comment

• 100 watt load on generator, 48 v constant dc - YouTube

Comment

• Reference.

Hello Machine, thanks for the vids, your motor is running much more relaxed now, with new wind.

It's great that you will have a reference point now, when you get your pulser sorted.

Thanks Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                    @ All
                    This is important.
                    There still seems to be some confusion about JS's circuits so I backed up and went over what we have been using as reference and found that there is one file JS gave us that is larger and has detail information that is not in what we have been using. I January and February of this year, JS was giving out a lot of PDF's and this one is seems to be lost in our minds as even I can not find where it was released in the forum. It shows better and complete diagrams of both input and output on page 22. over solder directions on pages 19 thru 21 and is 40 pages deep instead of the 26 page reference posted earlier. Eather most have not seen this or not read this one thinking it was not for the Imperial.
                    Everyone should download this and keep it in your main Imperial reference directory.
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mmadm4vv4...%28V5.1%29.pdf
                    Dana
                    Thanks Dana, I noticed I did not have this particular version

Ufo, Dana, Machine, Cornboy, all,
                    I too had fair share of problems lately. I thought 3 weeks ago I was going to present quite bit of work. First my fridge freezer called the day after thirteen years. Quick investigation gave me estimation of two switches and a compressor at a cost 1/4 of the original cost. It was decided to buy new one. That was a week went by after installing new water line. Then as summer is here, it was time to honour promise to my other half regarding painting the bedroom. That was another week and half gone. Day before yesterday I was trying to get my note computer ready for displaying arduino data at lab bench.
                    Everything appeared to be ok. Yesterday the notebook NIC kicked the bucket. So that is now junk and I am not going to repair that older notebook.
                    To day I am now getting another desktop for the lab use. Hope all this is behind me soon. Now I can see Murphy's Law in action. Really want to be doing thinks.

All best and good luck to all of us

kindest regards

light

Comment

• It's funny how life get's in the way, Light, i have about another week's planting to do and then it's full steam ahead on MAG3, till i get it spinning.

I guess if you were wealthy, and really had no need for FE, then you wouldn't want to spend your time in a lab, or risk upsetting anyone.

We'll get there,

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Wire UEW and PEW. Questions for winding

@ all

I will be winding with 20gaw. In Japan 20gaw is only UEW. Is UEW and PEW very important for the Imperial or the is the UEW just ok?

Also, how much wire should I buy, length or weight?

Keep it Clean and Green
                        Richie

Comment

• Re: Machine P4964 Mecce Alte under 100w load

So generator is doing nicely at some less that 3200? when it ideally wants 3600, no? So I guess it must be doing maybe under 110v? but brightness indicates good voltage. Good operating range then on MA genhead?
                          Up, Up and Away

Comment

• @midas

UEW and PEW can both be rated for 155 *C. Neither are recommended for high performance motors, but PEW is preferred, make sure UEW thermal rated for 155. EIW is recommended for high performance motors, thermal capacity of 180 *C. You can find the weights of rotor with and without wire in posts around Christmas.

@ sampojo

Hi sampojo, I have been thinking of using one more battery and add some lamps until the RPM gets to 3600, then measure volts at gen. Let it run for a while, and see the amps and RPM. Think the wire can take 15-17 amps @ 60 v. That should spin the unloaded gen at close to 4000.

The motor sounds really nice now, way less sparking. There was a jump in amp draw from 36 to 48 v, I think it was coming down, if I had of let it run longer but I was on my way to work. I have one more battery all charged up, may give it a go this weekend. What do think guys, would it be worth it. I'll measure amps and volts at gen output if I run it.

Tonight I'm running some nice big ground wires on the drivers. All new wiring from fets to outputs, if I need a break I'll spin the gen.

@ UFO
                            If Mr. Figuera's generator was built, would we still need to pulse the asymmetrical motor to spin it?

Machine

Comment

• Checking now

@machine

Thanks, I'm checking the thread, again. I need to take better notes!

I have a little electronics shop in my prefecture. They are super expensive but extremely helpful. I showed them the JS driver Schematics. They were very interested in it! They made some phone calls to find an English speaking teacher to help me build it. They found one but he is very busy at the moment, he said he will maybe have time in late August to teach me while I build it.

I think you are going to have to builder your SJ drivers from scratch again. That's seem like the only way to get some peace of mind, buddy....and that should relax Dana's mind also. LOL

BTW, How many feet of wire should I buy?

Keep it clean and green
                              Richie

Comment

• @ Machine and Midastouch, the boards that Sampojo is working on now should be available soon, commercially, for a very reasonable price, they are single boards with 2 fets, and could stack inside a small cabinent/box/heatsink, with fan.

He should be able to put them on Ebay so we can all have access to them. (no pressure Sampo).

Of course one of us will have to populate one board and test it to make sure it functions properly.

@ Machine, if you decide to give the extra battery a go, do it in short runs, and measure temps, if you can, so as not to overload anything.

It is early stages yet Machine, on the Figuera Generator, but with air core copper coils spun between inner and outer magnetic fields-- Exciters, Theoretically, there should be very little Drag, but whether thin air core coils can output the required juice, well we'll see.

When i have the MAG3 up and running i will build a small model to test it.

Regards to all Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X