X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vastdragan
    replied
    Hi Bistander,

You have right with over charge lithium chemistry.
    After I started to read that thread, I think it's not for me. This is why I insist to build a generator based on Ufopolitics asymmetric style.

Regards,

Vast

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Comments

Hi vastdragon, and Ufo,

Be careful with 3BGS and Lithium batteries. Lithium batteries require sophisticated cell management (BMS). If run without BMS and on a system where overcharge is possible (maybe unavoidable), disaster is likely. All the 3BGS use lead-acid of which I am aware. Lead-acid is pretty forgiving about charge.

Regards,

bi

Leave a comment:

• vastdragan
    replied
    My basic rule when I find a new thread is to read first the whole thread before to ask. I don't like people who ask first before reading.

What is your opinion about building a generator base on that drawing? Also, I want to wound coils in bifilar Tesla style.

Best wishes!

Vastdragan

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by vastdragan View Post
    Hello Ufopolitics,

Thank you for answering.

Where I can find more info about "3 Battery Energetic System". I try on google, but no results.

My off-grid system is composed by: 3700Wp PV panels, 5kVA inverter and 24kWh lithium battery from a salvage Nissan Leaf.

Also, I find a picture on internet which I suppose is made by you. I can made this on radial flux or axial flux to use with a wind turbine. What do you think about this?

Kind regards,

Vastdragan

I think I find here the thread:
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ng-system.html
    Yes, that's the Thread, sorry!...my bad, I forgot to write that it was on this Forum....

And yes, that's my drawing, it is an outrunner bldc that I built from scratch...works beautiful.

On the 3BGS THREAD, You will have to go over the whole thread FIRST!...Please DO NOT start asking questions before getting the MAIN WHOLE IDEA on its SPECIFICS.

Thanks and welcome!

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• vastdragan
    replied
    Hello Ufopolitics,

Thank you for answering.

Where I can find more info about "3 Battery Energetic System". I try on google, but no results.

My off-grid system is composed by: 3700Wp PV panels, 5kVA inverter and 24kWh lithium battery from a salvage Nissan Leaf.

Also, I find a picture on internet which I suppose is made by you. I can made this on radial flux or axial flux to use with a wind turbine. What do you think about this?

Kind regards,

Vastdragan

I think I find here the thread:
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ng-system.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vastdragan; 11-14-2018, 04:54 PM. Reason: Later Edit

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by vastdragan View Post
    Hi Ufopolitics,

I've been watching for a long time your Assymmetric Machines.

I want to build an generator to add more power in my PV off-grid system , especially in winter time and cloudy days. Can you help me with some ideas?

Thank you in advance for answer.

P.S. What happened with your website? From Romania it appear to be expired.
    Hello Vastdragan,

Thanks for following my Asymmetric Machines.

My server at home plus my remote server where I got the site, have been attacked...and will take me a while to restore.

If you want a RELIABLE SYSTEM to self-sustain in winter time, please check the 3 Battery Energetic System...they are good and easy to build-install and run.

Kind regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• vastdragan
    replied
    Hi Ufopolitics,

I've been watching for a long time your Assymmetric Machines.

I want to build an generator to add more power in my PV off-grid system , especially in winter time and cloudy days. Can you help me with some ideas?

Thank you in advance for answer.

P.S. What happened with your website? From Romania it appear to be expired.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by sampojo View Post
    I had gotten my hands on another 12v battery when my car needed a new one and got some of my UPS batteries together too. So I have run some more tests on my Baldor up to 48v. I thought I would post the data.

Baldor Asymm Performance Data and comparison to OE *
    Test date voltage Baldor Asym RPM OE RPM
    03/12/18 24 1400 400
    07/07/18 36 2350 870
    07/07/18 48 3050 1200

* Baldor Asym data for both brushsets powered

I am getting almost triple the performance from the OE motor!! Built around a 1.1ohm winding, I am sure the amperage consumption is better the the normal asym motor here, as for instance, Ufo's Imperial.

there is a Baldor office in the Philadelphia area near me. I would love to show this to someone there!

I remember how Ufo's Imperial motor did around 3400 rpm on 48v, but mine is only a dual brushset, while his is a quad.

Sampojo!!!

Great to see ya around old friend...and kicking...

Best Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• sampojo
    replied
    Additional performance data on my Baldor motor.

I had gotten my hands on another 12v battery when my car needed a new one and got some of my UPS batteries together too. So I have run some more tests on my Baldor up to 48v. I thought I would post the data.

Baldor Asymm Performance Data and comparison to OE *
    Test date voltage Baldor Asym RPM OE RPM
    03/12/18 24 1400 400
    07/07/18 36 2350 870
    07/07/18 48 3050 1200

* Baldor Asym data for both brushsets powered

I am getting almost triple the performance from the OE motor!! Built around a 1.1ohm winding, I am sure the amperage consumption is better the the normal asym motor here, as for instance, Ufo's Imperial.

there is a Baldor office in the Philadelphia area near me. I would love to show this to someone there!

I remember how Ufo's Imperial motor did around 3400 rpm on 48v, but mine is only a dual brushset, while his is a quad.
    Last edited by sampojo; 08-08-2018, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sampojo
    replied
    My old baldor

Well retired now and a little more time to do things. I have a Baldor industrial DC dual brush 20 pole motor I have been working on and now finished. The commutator design featured reusable spade connectors, whose photos I have posted previously on the thread. Boy did they come in handy as I had to rewire the motor several times. I could not fit enough wire by just lowering it a guage or two from the original 19ga size to get 1ohm of copper wire on it. I calculated the area of the pole gap and the area of the wire plus gaps between round wires, but ended up having to apply a 2.0 correction factor to double the amount of wasted space in a wound coil. I looked into first a quad filar, the a 5-filar 28ga wire to give me the same surface area of the original 19 gauge wire, hoping for more current carrying capacity. As I wound it it looked like it was not going to fill the rotor sufficiently by coil 6. I test wound 24 gauge wire hoping to do a bifilar, but I lost the results. Later I perfected a spread sheet to calculate how many strands of wire were going to be used. If I hadnt lost my test result I would have seen I couldn't get enough wire in again. I got to coil 10 and I could then see it wasn't gonna fit again. So tired of making multifilar wire, and having a better estimate of wasted space, I thought 23 gauge would fit, single strand. But again got to coil 10 and thought it wouldn't fit. So then I did the next 6 coils with my old 5-filar 28ga wire that I saved. At coil 16 it sitll didnt look good and changed to single strand 24 gauge and managed to finish. I always wound in pairs of coils, first coil 1 then coil 11 balancing it with the same wire and wire lay on the coils. Here is my coil winding work sheet and a picture of the rotor.

Assembled

I explored adding an additional brush set to try to tap the coil disconnect BEMF spark energy (red and green wires), but they did not work and just dragged some emf energy out of the system instead. I should probably play with the timing as it is assemble to run in the normal mode.

so pretty much as usual with Ufo Asym motors looks to perform astoundingly better than standard Edison style motors. I have a standard Baldor motor of the same type and hooked them all up and tested both and here is my first results:

Using 24 volts

Standard Baldor rpm 400
    Asym Baldor rpm 1400

Now my Baldor I built it to have a 1.1 ohm resistance per coil, instead of the standard 1.0 recommended by Ufo, as I was worried about how hot some of my motors were in the past. But I have checked on the motor magnets, and they seem to hold their magnetism until 400 deg Celsius, or around 700 deg F. So it seems standard magnets will hold and it is no big deal for motors to run at hot to the touch temps, with good wiring and bearings.
    Last edited by sampojo; 03-12-2018, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Commutator R&I

Originally posted by jazzzyro View Post
    Hello UFO,
    can you post a step-by-step tutorial in which we can see how you remove the old commutator, how you mount the second one and how you align them. The list of tools needed is very appreciated for those who are beginners in this area and want to make a prototype.

I tried to remove the commutator and I break it immediately...

Thanks a lot!

J.
    Hello J,

There are several posts on this thread dedicated to comm removal and re-installation.

Basically the main issue here is that you can NOT push commutator outwards by pressing on any of its outer elements base area (bottom)...If you do it so, it will create an uneven force and will definitively brake it.

You must reach its center bottom ring right next to shaft to make an even push out of armature, and so depending on the size, you could use one of the "Y" type crow bars.

Normally this type of Y Crow bars are used in automotive to remove plastic clips off door panels or any other fastener which have a flat head...so, again, depending on your comm-shaft diameter size, you will need that specific size tool.

And so, you will need TWO of them, one just to be used as the base and the other to eject commutator from bottom ring base, resting on the first one.

It is -even this way- a very careful operation, since commutators are made of bakelite which is very brittle.

Sometimes you must remove (cut off) the windings in order to allow full access to the bottom comm ring.

Regards and good luck.

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• jazzzyro
    replied
    How to mount commutators

Hello UFO,
    can you post a step-by-step tutorial in which we can see how you remove the old commutator, how you mount the second one and how you align them. The list of tools needed is very appreciated for those who are beginners in this area and want to make a prototype.

I tried to remove the commutator and I break it immediately...

Thanks a lot!

J.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Yes i remember that entry but never equated it to the machines
    as shown in this post. The "WITCH" video meant little to me at the time
    but now that I had time to see and read the entire video, I am realizing
    more.

I am just starting to grasp the UFO message after doing the Matt Jones
    motor and seeing success. I needed a simple task to help me get my foot
    in the door. It is becoming so clear. This UFO video is a must, take the time
    to read and go over the material in it. Otherwise you missed the starting
    gun firing and you will not understand much of the other video's.

I see now that these concepts are all over the standard COP of .25 so
    it should be easy to go OU.

The magic spell of lies, deceit and malice are melting away like butter.

UFO is willing to take it on the chin I see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4rV0AoI-Q

------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenWV View Post
    Greetings all;

At long last, I have the armature ready to go.

It has been balanced in a motor shop and I hope to get the motor reassembled next weekend.

Next, a suitable mount will have to be constructed....

That is, once I figure out what to hook it to.

Lot's of testing first though.

What an interesting project!! Thank you Mr. UFOPolitics!

GlenWV

My pleasure Glen, looking forward to see that beautiful monster running...

Make sure to check continuity-resistance in each coil (or coils groups, if that's the case) contact between comm elements plus alignment.

Also check your stator's magnet polarity orientation (N-S-N-S), related to your desired rotation sense versus the feeding (Input) brushes positioning to fire each coil group.

An All North Wound Machine of that kind is unique on its class -at least on this Forum-...and it should run superb, when synchronized-tuned with high precision, thing I know you would do an excellent job on...!

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwane View Post
    Hi UFO,
    Please excuse my comments on your accent, I have a slight hearing impediment and miss bits of speech. The video is excellent!
    Hello Dwane,

Please don't worry about my accent...I know it is terrible!, and believe me...I can make it even worst...so that was kind of "refined"...

I picked up this Baldor armature for another project - now shelved - a couple of years ago. I have no stator for it. It was rescued from a burnt out motor. It has 28 windings and 56 commutator sections, so I am pleased to see the wiring for this configuration has been demonstrated. It is a heavy cow! It might originally been 3HP.at 90 volts or180 volts. I got it from my local motor winders who were given it as a repair job that did not proceed.
    The thing is...could you get another identical commutator from Baldor?

I believe if you had the model number or serial number of motor it would make the part (comm) search much easier.

What has really taken my fancy is your fibre glass stator. Do you think that I would be able to run this armature as you have shown in your videos with a fibre glass stator. I am hoping to utilise it similarly to your combination drive generator page 96.
    I honestly have NOT tested that fiberglass Stator (Air Core) on a Mechanically LOADED Motor...and since it does not have a steel core...IMHO I believe it would not be as strong as with a laminated steel core related to Torque spec's.

Also, when rewinding this as asymetric, would I use the same guage of wire that is already on the armature?

Many thanks

Dwane
    The wire gauge would be dictated by your Source (Power Supply) plus the Application where you would be using it for.

A heavy gauge wire (lesser turns per Coil) would have low resistance, therefore, amps would be higher, with lower voltage application, (like Automotive Motors) torque would be higher, since magnetic field would be very strong.

A fine wire (many turns per coil) would require higher voltage with lesser amps to build the required field to perform properly with such heavy armature.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X