Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looks Good.

    Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
    Hello UFO, all,

    I will try the spark gap after I have this running.

    So far the rotor has been re-wound to 12P-4S-4B config. (12Poles-4Stators-4Brushes). The 4x magnets have been mounted and all I need to make now are the brush holders.

    For the generator (like a tiny Mecc Alte), I will make a pancake coil generator with 6x neo magnets on both sides of the coils, total 12x magnets & 6x coils.

    Building this motor has been a pleasant experience for me cuz I learned a lot! Thanks!

    Lester

    Great Work, and very neat, Lester.

    Regards Cornboy.

    Comment


    • Cormboy
      First, it is not that simple but really not that hard.We must balance inter pole space (in sq. MM) with sq. mm of wire and not how many coils go into that space but because of overlap, how many wires of a given size will be in that space. I drew a multi-line picture of my rotor laid out flat and then one single line of wire thru the path of each coil all across. Then multiply how many wires you want in each coil by the number of coils that hit each space. That number of wires should take X mm and see if it will fit into the sq. mm you have to wind into. If to high or low, adjust number of wires in each coil or wire size and recalculate. OHMS also must be calculated for length of feet in the coil set for that size wire. A little math back and forth will give you the answer. Also note that if that you can not push even one more wire into that space than this calculation allows. If you are off target by one wire over limit, do not think you can stuff it in, you can not. better to lower one loop number than fly on hope.
      This is not easy for me to explain but it works 100%.
      First , how much space do you have to wind in?
      What size wire do you want to use?
      How many total coil halves will be in each inter space?(Will be more that you think)
      Dana
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

      Comment


      • Originally posted by prochiro View Post
        Cormboy
        First, it is not that simple but really not that hard.We must balance inter pole space (in sq. MM) with sq. mm of wire and not how many coils go into that space but because of overlap, how many wires of a given size will be in that space. I drew a multi-line picture of my rotor laid out flat and then one single line of wire thru the path of each coil all across. Then multiply how many wires you want in each coil by the number of coils that hit each space. That number of wires should take X mm and see if it will fit into the sq. mm you have to wind into. If to high or low, adjust number of wires in each coil or wire size and recalculate. OHMS also must be calculated for length of feet in the coil set for that size wire. A little math back and forth will give you the answer. Also note that if that you can not push even one more wire into that space than this calculation allows. If you are off target by one wire over limit, do not think you can stuff it in, you can not. better to lower one loop number than fly on hope.
        This is not easy for me to explain but it works 100%.
        First , how much space do you have to wind in?
        What size wire do you want to use?
        How many total coil halves will be in each inter space?(Will be more that you think)
        Dana


        Thanks DANA, i drew it out like you explained, and found there to be 4 coil halves per slot, based on that if i use 1mm wire, the coil pairs will end up 1.16 ohms.

        Hopfully OUR Mr UFO will say if i am close, or if it should be wound differenty.

        Regards and Thanks Cornboy.

        Comment


        • Hello Cornboy

          Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
          Hello UFO, and all, it's time to order wire to wind MAG3-SB, as well as resin, varnish, slot paper, etc, all from one supplier.

          I have probably the most important question on this build, and any one who has wound the imperial build might be able to help!.

          What gauge wire, and how many turns per coil would be best combo for MAG3?

          I did a preliminary winding of 1 coil of 1.5mm and 15 turns which when unwound measured 8mt and oround 0.1 ohm. Of course i will discard this wire.

          I can't see that 1.5mm would fit phisically for 36 coil pairs, or have enough resistance.I'm fairly certain it will have to be 1.0mm.

          Is there any way to calculate approx number of turns of 1.0mm to fill up the 36 slots with this assymetric vortex winding?

          Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          Regards Cornboy.

          Hello Cornboy,


          You have to go back and watch again my First Asymmetrical Winding:

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBL...asXXng&index=8

          Go to Time 11:20 On...I explain very clear...How You make that Calculation of number of turns that will fit in your rotor...

          According to that it is important to know your Pole Arm length up to the end where the Upper T starts (which is your limit to insert wires)
          Have to realize that on each slot (space between Two Poles) you will have to fit Four Coils (Two Pairs) Cross Sections or total number of turns "thickness". Meaning... you have 36 Slots, 36 Pairs, and 72 Coils Total.

          According to the weight and dimensions of your Armature/Rotor...You should wind it -at least- with 16/17 awg wire...which is 1,290/1,150 mm (according to chart here)

          Related to Resistance...again...You MUST BE over 0.6-0.8 ohms and IDEAL resistance would be 1.0 Ohms or above PER PAIR



          Regards


          Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-24-2013, 03:28 AM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

          Comment


          • Nice!!

            Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
            Hello UFO, all,

            I will try the spark gap after I have this running.

            So far the rotor has been re-wound to 12P-4S-4B config. (12Poles-4Stators-4Brushes). The 4x magnets have been mounted and all I need to make now are the brush holders.

            For the generator (like a tiny Mecc Alte), I will make a pancake coil generator with 6x neo magnets on both sides of the coils, total 12x magnets & 6x coils.

            Building this motor has been a pleasant experience for me cuz I learned a lot! Thanks!

            Lester


            Hello Lester,


            That looks great!...waiting to see that Motor video spinning with that arrangement...never been done here (that I can think off) a Four Stators Four Brushed System in such small Motor size...it will literally fly...


            Regards


            Ufopolitics
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

            Comment


            • What I am working on now...

              Hello to All,

              I have come up with a Modified Solenoid to use it as an "Electromagnetic Pulse Switch" or EPS...

              What I did was to take off all the wires from the original Electromagnet Coil, that had like 56 Ohms resistance...and replaced it with 22 gauge, 400 turns that delivered 2.0 Ohms...High Voltage/Amps Contacts are rated for 100 Amps.

              Had to kill HER... ...with an NTE576/UF505 Flywheel Diodes , to avoid the reversed Radiant Field...that makes contacts vibrate......so got to have solid robust contact per pulses, to drive Motor.

              Had to drill a hole on top (above electromagnet core head) and tread it to insert a "Spark Gap Adjusting Bolt"...

              The idea is to Pulse that Coil so High V/A Contacts close-pulse the Negative switching side for the Turbo Boost arrangement...till we find make the perfect FET's and Tronics to do this...with a Four Phase Controller.

              So, I am pulsing coil with my old 555 timer oscillator...and it could be done with even 9-12V one.

              It is a bit noisy... ...till I set some dampening noise reduction gaskets/seals...
              It reduces Amperage...as also heavy sparking at brushes...commutators are warm now...

              Motor can be driven at very very slow turns like a Servo Motor...or at super high speeds...

              I will upload video as soon as I am done with testing...as also a Tutorial to make one...


              Regards


              Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-24-2013, 05:02 AM.
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

              Comment


              • Hey all!

                First of all, thank you so much, UFO. This thread and this information is going to change our world; it's already started to.

                I've been researching free energy for many months now; I've read a large part of PJK's book, many other resources and as of two minutes ago this thread. I downloaded as many Tesla writings as I could find, and I can't wait to delve into his works.

                I was in my second year of electrical engineering schooling, but I'm taking this term mostly off to delve into some... off-curriculum studies. I wonder if they'll still allow me some access to their fantastic machine shop.

                I'm planning on ordering three UFO kits once I get some experience with smaller motors under my belt. Two will hopefully become a motor-generator combo, the other one may find itself in the world's fastest electric wheelchair. Then I'd like to tackle making a MAG3. I've got very little experience with fabrication so it may have to wait, but I've got nothing but time on my hands.

                Kudos to everyone involved for all the hard work and effort so far. You guys are all heroes.

                Cheers!
                Cole
                Last edited by 4lpha1; 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM.

                Comment


                • Magnetism.

                  Originally posted by 4lpha1 View Post
                  Hey all!

                  First of all, thank you so much, UFO. This thread and this information is going to change our world; it's already started to.

                  I've been researching free energy for many months now; I've read a large part of PJK's book, many other resources and as of two minutes ago this thread. I downloaded as many Tesla writings as I could find, and I can't wait to delve into his works.

                  I was in my second year of electrical engineering schooling, but I'm taking this term mostly off to delve into some... off-curriculum studies. I wonder if they'll still allow me some access to their fantastic machine shop.

                  I'm planning on ordering three UFO kits once I get some experience with smaller motors under my belt. Two will hopefully become a motor-generator combo, the other one may find itself in the world's fastest electric wheelchair. Then I'd like to tackle making a MAG3. I've got very little experience with fabrication so it may have to wait, but I've got nothing but time on my hands.

                  Kudos to everyone involved for all the hard work and effort so far. You guys are all heroes.

                  Cheers!
                  Cole


                  Hello Cole, this is UFO's home so i will wait for him to welcome you, but i just couldn't wait to ask you, seeing as you have nearly been classically trained recently, can you tell me what magnetism is? and where it comes from?

                  Every time i ask a clasically trained EE they blurt out equations they have been taught, parrot fasion, but fail to explain what magnitism actually is!.

                  I have no idea either, but am interested what you have been taught.

                  Warm Regards Cornboy.

                  PS. Mr KELLY is to be congradulated.
                  Last edited by Cornboy 555; 01-24-2013, 09:38 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Hi folks

                    UFO, did some testing on the generator today, and all is not lost. I had the generator all wired in series, like the diagram, that is how it was the whole time, in series, and we were getting like 1000 rpm.

                    I hooked each brush alone to 24.7 v, and measured volts across each brush/coil, seperately. Ran CCW like supposed to, for wiring of rotor.
                    P1(in 24.7)> RPM(2099)>I(in16.8amps)>P8(16v)>P15(15v)>P22(17)
                    P8(in 24.7)> RPM(2076)>I(in16.9amps)>P1(16v)>p15(18v)>P22(16)
                    P15(in 24.7)> RPM(2100)>I(in16.8amps)>P1(16v)>P8(16v)>P22(17)
                    P22(in 24.7)> RPM(2011)>I(in16.9amps)>P1(17v)>P8(15v)>P15(19)

                    Now, I did reverse the input, to p15, gen ran cw, BUT, RPM did decrease (1850).
                    I ran out of playtime, but will reset the timing, as I adjusted initially, and check rpm when reversed.
                    BUT, UFO, if this is just a wiring/timing issue, then that is good. At least I don't have to rewind anything yet. I'm going to recheck the motor one brush input, at a time, as well. At least by this weekend I will have some free time.

                    I'm really excited to get this running correct, now. RPM was 2X faster with only 1 input.

                    Comment


                    • Next chapter

                      Hi All,
                      Thanks for the encouragement.

                      I just scored 2, 2.5hp PM treadmill motors for $40 apiece:

                      Permanent Magnet DC Motor from Used Treadmill

                      Model # B17250R040

                      P/N F-214366

                      2.5 HP Cont. duty @ 130 VDC/1865 WATTS

                      INS. Class - H

                      Open Const.

                      External fan

                      Expect to machine a longer shaft and extend the case but the modified version should do 4-5hp easy.

                      Anybody done treadmill motors?

                      Thanks,

                      bro d

                      Comment


                      • Definitively not a serious trouble...

                        Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                        Hi folks

                        UFO, did some testing on the generator today, and all is not lost. I had the generator all wired in series, like the diagram, that is how it was the whole time, in series, and we were getting like 1000 rpm.

                        I hooked each brush alone to 24.7 v, and measured volts across each brush/coil, seperately. Ran CCW like supposed to, for wiring of rotor.
                        P1(in 24.7)> RPM(2099)>I(in16.8amps)>P8(16v)>P15(15v)>P22(17)
                        P8(in 24.7)> RPM(2076)>I(in16.9amps)>P1(16v)>p15(18v)>P22(16)
                        P15(in 24.7)> RPM(2100)>I(in16.8amps)>P1(16v)>P8(16v)>P22(17)
                        P22(in 24.7)> RPM(2011)>I(in16.9amps)>P1(17v)>P8(15v)>P15(19)
                        Ok, that is a great test, now Machine, realize that if you add all those output values of the three Gates...you would have close to 50.0 Volts...that is double of what you are Inputting.
                        I am also noticing P15 has much better performance there (You get fastest speed, and better output from P15)...check brushes pressure-alignment on the other three Gates.

                        Now, I did reverse the input, to p15, gen ran cw, BUT, RPM did decrease (1850).
                        See, that is a draw back...So, what you should do is re-measure outputs again like in previous test, while running CW....That is where you have to adjust timing, to obtain MAX OUT...from each Gate-Port when running CW.

                        I ran out of playtime, but will reset the timing, as I adjusted initially, and check rpm when reversed.
                        Don't "" yet...it is not just about getting the way you had it before I made you change it......

                        It is about to swap timing so bisectors are on "the other side"...opposite to where your Motor is seating at now, passing Stators Bisectors...and go by Center Bisector of the Three per Coil, in the Generator Pairs...In order that when you apply Positive Battery to Positive Gate, and Neg to Negative...it runs CW...and get best output...Hoping you do have the room to rotate that much, without making a big project out of this. Remember the Brush Boards also have rotation-adjustment since bolts holes are elliptical...

                        BUT, UFO, if this is just a wiring/timing issue, then that is good. At least I don't have to rewind anything yet. I'm going to recheck the motor one brush input, at a time, as well. At least by this weekend I will have some free time.

                        I'm really excited to get this running correct, now. RPM was 2X faster with only 1 input.
                        I agree, it is nothing "Major" here...However, till you run a Continuity test Per Pair on both Machines...then, for sure you will know there is nothing "internally wrong" with them. Use a sound beep Meter, or an Analog one...in the Beep Mode...you will notice a change in sound that will dim out, every time you move from one pair to other...Analog will show a deflection on needle....mark shaft or use the RPM tape to make sure you do rotate/check the whole 360.

                        I also want to see this Two Great Machines running excellent my friend!!


                        Kind Regards


                        Ufopolitics


                        EDIT 1: When I was reading my post to verify it was Ok...I realize what could be your issue on the difference at P15...

                        Check both Brush Boards related to each others, and to their three bolts mounting alignment...mark center of elliptical hole...if they are off between upper-lower...they will not perform the same...and since they are 3 bolts...it could be moved around "off center" to the rest of them.

                        Please check on that...as also the Brush Boards holes could be filed to reach more displacement to adjust timing...
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM.
                        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

                        Comment


                        • Welcome to UFO's Home...!!

                          Originally posted by 4lpha1 View Post
                          Hey all!

                          First of all, thank you so much, UFO. This thread and this information is going to change our world; it's already started to.

                          I've been researching free energy for many months now; I've read a large part of PJK's book, many other resources and as of two minutes ago this thread. I downloaded as many Tesla writings as I could find, and I can't wait to delve into his works.

                          I was in my second year of electrical engineering schooling, but I'm taking this term mostly off to delve into some... off-curriculum studies. I wonder if they'll still allow me some access to their fantastic machine shop.

                          I'm planning on ordering three UFO kits once I get some experience with smaller motors under my belt. Two will hopefully become a motor-generator combo, the other one may find itself in the world's fastest electric wheelchair. Then I'd like to tackle making a MAG3. I've got very little experience with fabrication so it may have to wait, but I've got nothing but time on my hands.

                          Kudos to everyone involved for all the hard work and effort so far. You guys are all heroes.

                          Cheers!
                          Cole

                          Hello and 4lpha!

                          Is great to know you are going to be making all that!!...EXCELLENTE!!

                          Your Colleagues at EE are going to be in shock...when they see WTF are U doing!!... ...can see their faces...


                          I have thought of a "Super Charged" Wheel Chair also...there is a lot of room there!


                          Regards


                          Ufopolitics
                          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment


                          • Too late,

                            UFO, I put the brushes back to neutral, right on bisector, I only had time to try one brush input;

                            forward feed:
                            P8(input 24.7v)
                            RPM (2600),I(in21amps),P1(16vout),P15(17vout),P22(16vo ut)
                            Reverse feed:
                            P8(input24.7v)
                            RPM (2100),I(in18.8amps),P1(17vout),P15(16Vout),P22(16 vout)

                            Things are looking good.
                            Tonight, I will try adjusting opposite way of bisector, just to see.
                            I'm late for work now.

                            Comment


                            • Electromagnetic Pulse Switch, Test on 12 V DC

                              Hello to All,

                              ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE SWITCH AT 12V - YouTube

                              I wanted to show you My Modified Solenoid at work, where all I did was to re wind Coil (2.0 Ohms, instead of originally 56 Ohms...I used 22 awg 400 Turns) to be able to pulse it stronger, and with my 555 timer-oscillator, killed Radiant reversed flow with one NTE576 as a Flywheel set, to get robust switching at contacts...and insert an adjusting Gap Screw to set right opening.

                              [IMG][/IMG]

                              The main concept is to be used on the Turbo Switch mode, at 36 and 48 V...next...

                              As You all remember, the Turbo Switch is "ahead" on Timing, so when I pulse it, even slower...it will always offer Gain in Speed and Torque to Motor Operation, while maintaining Amperage at low values.

                              Now the Oscillator is running here with a 36V LiPo Pack...but we could even use a 9-12 V switching oscillator here...


                              Regards


                              Ufopolitics
                              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                                Hello Cole, this is UFO's home so i will wait for him to welcome you, but i just couldn't wait to ask you, seeing as you have nearly been classically trained recently, can you tell me what magnetism is? and where it comes from?

                                Every time i ask a clasically trained EE they blurt out equations they have been taught, parrot fasion, but fail to explain what magnitism actually is!.

                                I have no idea either, but am interested what you have been taught.

                                Warm Regards Cornboy.

                                PS. Mr KELLY is to be congradulated.
                                Thanks, Cornboy! Mr. Kelly is indeed to be congratulated, his book is simply incredible.

                                As for magnetism, I've found it harder to describe succinctly the more I've learned about it. :P From the sounds of it UFO may have some better theories, as I'm not sure what I've learned in school is all that useful.

                                Magnetism is a force between materials, like gravity. Much like the mass of an object determines how it is influenced by gravity, the magnetism of a material determines how magnetically-influenced it is. The magnetic field of an object is a measure of how much magnetic force it exerts at a certain distance from itself, and the field gets exponentially weaker as with gravity. (An object 2X farther away has 4X less magnetic force applied.)

                                When you make a coil of wire and pass it in and out of a magnetic field, a voltage is generated in the wire based on how fast it's going, how powerful the field is, how many coils are in the wire, etc. In the same fashion, passing a voltage through the wire will create a magnetic field. This is how motors, generators (and witches ) work.

                                (I'm a bit fuzzy on the following part, so if someone could confirm this for me I'd appreciate it.)

                                When a symmetrical motor coil is energized, the magnetic field created by the electricity tries to align itself with the correct pole in the stator (the coil wants its north pole aligned with the stator south pole, etc.) The commutator changes which coil is charged before the coils become aligned and it tries to align again, never quite getting there before the commutator changes the magnetic fields. However, the turning of the coil inside of the magnetic field (the one already present because of the stator) creates a back-EMF (Electromotive Force = voltage, more or less), which acts contrary to the input voltage.

                                Sorry if I went over stuff you already know, I just wanted to cover all the bases. I hope this helps.


                                @UFO, thanks for the warm welcome!

                                Could you please confirm that I understand this correctly?

                                With an asymmetrical motor, this induced back-EMF manifests as the coil is becoming de-energized and travels through the generator side as useable power. Or is it present at the motor side as well, simply traveling with the input voltage instead of against? There is both a hot and cold portion to the B-EMF, but the cold portion is not isolatable in symmetrical motors.

                                The radiant energy input occurs as the magnetic field is collapsing, as a coil is becoming detached from the energized commutator. This is the same as how radiant is induced by pulsed DC through a coil, the field collapsing after each pulse. Adding pulsed DC to an asymmetrical motor simply allows us to create more field collapses and induce more radiant.

                                Is there anything else I'm missing?

                                Cheers!
                                Cole
                                Last edited by 4lpha1; 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X