• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajaya999
    replied
    Empty mind is a devil's workshop

Dear UFOPOLITICS and Team,

Namaste. Still down with fever

As I was sitting idle and looking at the motor I got a doubt. Please help me in understanding it better.

In the design we are keeping pick up brushes @90 deg to the supply brushes. It means we are leaving the powered coil to rotate 1/4 of the rotation after it's energized.

Is it necessary to rotate the powered coil to that extent to maintain the torque etc of the motor? If so, please explain.

If not, how will it be in case we place pick up brushes very next to the supply brushes (by taking care that the same commutator element is not touched by both supply and pickup brushes simultaneously), means as near as possible, and use this energy to charge the coil that is approaching the supply brushes?

Sorry. I'm sensing I'm missing something. But not able to catch. Is it that the energy given to the supply will not match with the energy taken from it?

My second doubt is if we power a coil pair from brushes and once that pair leaves the commutator element, will it keep gaining energy the more it moves? or will it maintain the same energy? or will it lose some part of the energy? Can you please tell me how the energy will be behaving in the pair at the end of one rotation?

Even it looks silly to the learned, please answer.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    1 hp 15 pole - Resistance in each pair

Dear Sir,

Namaste. I am not able to start rewinding because of fever and will try making it asap. I had received the analog meter and checked the resistance of every pair for the wrongly wound motor just to understand that the wire gauge and number of turns are in line with the required resistance so that I can follow the same while rewinding it the correct way as directed by you.

I found it to be more than 0.9 and less than 1. Hope this resistance is also meeting our requirements.

Hope I can now go with the same gauge and same number of turns while rewinding.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• Cornboy 555
    replied
    Originally posted by asollid View Post
    Hi Cornboy thanks for the idea to mold cores out of powdered iron and resin. Whatabout a core for a radially wound armature? Would it be better to use laminations like the ones from a transformer or would that be too lossy. I know ferrite has really good response but i'm not sure about laminations- maybe only good for 60hz?

Hello Asollid, your welcome, the aim of course is to have a core material that will instantly change magnetic direction, and not hold residual magnetism, but also withstand heat.

There is a company in Europe, that coats iron powder with a resin, and then compresses the particles together with enormous heat into any mould shape you desire, but of course the cost of the tooling required for the process, is only affordable for mass production.

Maybe one day hey!.

Back in the days of Tesla, etc, the iron was a pure form which is very hard to locate, except for pure powder, one other suggestion was from Paul Babcock to use pure iron 1mm birdshot, and coat it with ordinary acrilic spray paint, then mix with resin and set to mould.

Regards Cornboy.

Leave a comment:

• asollid
    replied
    Hi Cornboy thanks for the idea to mold cores out of powdered iron and resin. Whatabout a core for a radially wound armature? Would it be better to use laminations like the ones from a transformer or would that be too lossy. I know ferrite has really good response but i'm not sure about laminations- maybe only good for 60hz?

Leave a comment:

• Rl2003
    replied
    Brushless DC

UFO and all,

I found this while looking for a servo motor circuit and I found it
    interesting and note worthy to mention here.
    It might have some useful information to us, unless of course you
    already know of it.
    I haven't had time to really study it, but maybe someone here has.

Patent for FAULHABER DC motor

Patent US3467847 - Direct-current motor - Google Patents

Quoate from the first paragraph

A direct-current motor of the miniature type with a stationary cylindrical core magnet, a stationary motor housing and a bell-type iron-less rotary armature whose hollow cylindrical portion extends into an annular air gap formed between the outer circumference of the core magnet and the inner circumference of the motor housing. The hollow cylindrical portion of the armature comprises a self-supporting winding one end of which embraces with the loops of its winding radially outwardly extending teeth on a circular carrier disc which is fixedly attached to the armature shaft. The loops formed in the winding are fixedly attached to the teeth and form the sole attachment of the armature winding to the carrier disc.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    No words to say

Hi Cornboy,

I lost for words. You touched both the extreme ends in your post

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
    Hello Kumar, blessings to you and your family,
    Thanks for your blessings.

i had my commutators, for my MAG3 build made in india, and the head of the company always adressed me as SIR, i am just curious if this is from your colonial past,.

Yes SIR . Your are right. This was injected in Indians blood by the British Rulers

Of course, now the younger generation is mostly out of this "Sir Culture"

Still we use this when we address whom we respect and admire a lot.

Please, the way you embrace, the possible help to Replicate, what UFO has shown, makes you KING, you are more than worthy, to anyone here, or many other places in the world.
    Thanks for your blessings and assurances.

Cornboy! my mission is to relieve the poor and needy from the clutches of these energy cartels. Sounds odd and funny??? No. I'm serious. I love making free energy only to accomplish this mission. Sometimes I think perhaps, I , in my previous life(we Indians believe in reincarnation), was killed by the energy cartel so only I turned towards working on making free energy available to everyone living on this earth.

And this quest for overunity, which has been inherently present with me since my childhood (really Cornboy! not joking), started about 10 months ago. Don't know how I landed in energeticforum, but for sure to make my dream come true.

At the end of the day, and our tempory life, here on earth, we are all equal, SURELY!?
    Yes Cornboy. We are all equal.

If we start teaching our children that the people belonging to the enemy country are our friends ( which unfortunately parents don't teach ), soon , i mean - in about 3 generations - according to me 24 years, there will not be any wars between any countries on this mother earth. This time of 24 years is a very small span of time for every country's future life.

But to tell that we must register in our minds that one day HE will kill us, everyone of us. No body can escape HIM. THE DAY is waiting to hit. There is no need for one individual to kill the other individual. HE will take care of both .

I always feel 95% of the human relations fail because of ego problems. And the balance 5% of the human relations fail because of EGO problems.

Unfortunately, we don't register it in our subconscious mind, though we know it is right. We forget. And we bring in inequalities into the system.

Sorry moved faaaaaaaar away from the topic.

Warmest Regards Cornboy.
    Thanks for the WARMEST regards as I'm shivering now with fever running about 102 temp.

And finally Cornboy, I feel I'm lucky to fall in between people like you.

I'm always grateful to this community. Shortly I'll give updates on my share of this project.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• Cornboy 555
    replied
    Hello Kumar, blessings to you and your family, i had my commutators, for my MAG3 build made in india, and the head of the company always adressed me as SIR, i am just curious if this is from your colonial past,.

Please, the way you embrace, the possible help to Replicate, what UFO has shown, makes you KING, you are more than worthy, to anyone here, or many other places in the world.

At the end of the day, and our tempory life, here on earth, we are all equal, SURELY!?

Warmest Regards Cornboy.

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    Download from Drop Box Issue

Hi Kogs,

Namaste. Thanks a lot for the guidance and help. Regarding the link that you gave, whenever I clicked on that, I was seeing a small pop-up like(not exactly pop up) box at the middle top of the window, mentioning "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist"

And once I clicked on screen anywhere, it's getting disappeared.

Don't know what is wrong?

Now I started removing the armature winding. By all means I will try getting it ready as designed by UFOPOLITICS before Monday.

Dear UFO sir,

Today I'm getting 12 volts 30 amps batteries 3 numbers and also arduino to make pulser circuit.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion caused

H Sir,

Namaste.

Originally posted by ajaya999 View Post
    Secondly sir, regarding the ones which are now getting readied:
    Sorry for the confusion caused. In this quoted text, I was addressing two more machines that I'm about to get readied. I reread my post before submitting. I thought this might create confusion. But some how I published it.

Anyhow sir, first I'm getting this 1hp 15-pole dc motor readied. Once I give a satisfactory presentation in all respects, then I will go for making two more our own UFO Motors.

Come back to you shortly sir.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Do not complicate yourself Kumar...

Dear Sir,

Namaste. Thanks for the guidance. Understood the difference and also the pole and pair terminology.

It's clear now sir. Last night when I was looking into the designs again, I was just thinking the same as a commonsense point - the difference between the 16-pole and 15-pole

Now Kumar, the coil winder,is with a handful of jobs .
    Great Kumar!

for the armature coil, while winding, if I take the same 1 hp manufacturer specified wire length, number of turns and gauge for each pole and make it a three pole design, means 1 hp total winding of mfg design will sit on one pole, will it be an adventure? or can I do it? Of course it'll become a fat motor
    First, I doubt very much that your motor is wound "per pole"...but comprehending more than one pole each coil.
    So, I am lost there...then you say you want to make it a three pole...?

Second, I do not think it would be possible to fit in just one pole...all your original winding in the whole fifteen poles of your rotor...

It does not sound right...and yes, it would be an adventure...

Kumar, I have designed for you "exclusively" a Five pole Coil, Ten in the Pair, on your very odd Fifteen Pole Rotor...in order to fit the whole 360º spiral circumference and overlap perfectly well at the end...So, I really do not understand why you keep making assumptions and complicating yourself trying to go off my original design, without even finishing first what I have laid out for you?...

And I'm thinking to keep it two ft length so that the horizontal side will be more and thus I'm presuming it will become a good generator as well.
    Please guide.
    I believe you have some terms/wording confusion here...I call Horizontal to the wires that run perpendicular to Rotor Axis or Shaft (Parallel to Motor Caps surface)...and Vertical to the ones Parallel to Axis or Shaft (the ones that run between poles slots)...and it is the Verticals ones which cut the magnetic field perpendicularly, therefore, the ones generating or being induced.

Sorry if I'm annoying with my ignorance.

Namaste and regards

Kumar

You are not reaching "annoyance point" yet...but you are getting very closer...

Just kidding Kumar, but just get to work and wind the darn machines!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Hello Dear Kogs...

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
    G'day Kumar
    I have written a Word Doc on how to wind the motor you are having trouble with. Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.

You can down load this document here

https://www.dropbox.com/home/15P2S%2...ng%20P1%20Only

I hope this is of some Use

I am looking forward to your progress
    Kindest Regards

Kogs Just trying to help

G'Day Kogs,

How are you doing of your knee?...Hope better every day...

Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.
    Kogs, it is great Kumar brought this issue, and now you are writing about this above...

I always have refer to Pair Numbering, understanding, Pair of Two Coils in Series as P1, P2...P#

The fact that sometimes the name "P#" is positioned on the slots...is because the Center of Pair (where both coils share same slot)is exactly there, at slot, just like the example of Turion 16 poles video above.

In the case of Kumar 15 Poles, in order to set coils to fire at right bisector timing with Stators, We must leave (jump) one pole to start the second Coil in the Pair, that is why "P#" I chose to "paint it" on the center of that jumped pole, and painted the junction between coils in another color (purple) instead of red or blue...just because in that segment is just a conductor of wire...and do not have a defined polarity....

I refresh again that all pole numbers that could be divided by Two (for two brush system) or Four for Four Stator/Four Brush...are the easiest to Design in the Pair Sequence Series.

Turion is 16 poles, divided 4=4 poles per each coil in the Pair

Your Imperial is 28 poles...so seven coils per coil on pair...and Cornboy 36 poles ...well, that is the very different machine because it has six brushes, six stators, therefore Quadrant must be divided by Six, not four...and still, each coil in the pair grabs six poles.

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• iankoglin
    replied
    Thanks a lot Kogs.

Thanks for taking time to support me.

With the explanation of UFO, it is clear now and I understood that I need to rewind it

Your document is of immense help to the other coil winders as well Kogs.

A great job.

And I keep updating my progress (this 1 hp motor is now going to be rewinded third time )

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Dear Kogs, having trouble in download. It says "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist". Pl check.
    G'day Kumar

Do you mean you could not open the file I had no trouble downloading from my last post
    The name of the file 15P2S winding P1 only
    When I clicked on the link the Drop Box opens the folder and you need to
    Download the file Named "15P2S winding P1 only"

I named this file that way as it only shows and explains how to wind P1 only
    Please let me know if you cannot open it

When you finish finding out the number of winds to fill completely 1 pole measure the ohms and divide by 2 and this will give you the ohms for the one pole UFO says 1 ohm is best but anything above .7 ohms is OK
    Before you measure the Ohms touch the DMM probes together and Read the Ohms to subtract when measuring the Wire.
    and PLEASE pull the wires Tight you will need t0 have Gloves on or a something to protect your fingers as they will get sore for the first couple of poles or until you skin toughens up

Kindest Regards

Kogs about to wind my First P56

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    Many thanks for the document

Thanks a lot Kogs.

Thanks for taking time to support me.

With the explanation of UFO, it is clear now and I understood that I need to rewind it

Your document is of immense help to the other coil winders as well Kogs.

A great job.

And I keep updating my progress (this 1 hp motor is now going to be rewinded third time )

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Dear Kogs, having trouble in download. It says "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist". Pl check.
    Last edited by ajaya999; 01-17-2014, 02:27 AM. Reason: Added text

Leave a comment:

• ajaya999
    replied
    Coil Winding

Dear Sir,

Namaste. Thanks for the guidance. Understood the difference and also the pole and pair terminology.

It's clear now sir. Last night when I was looking into the designs again, I was just thinking the same as a commonsense point - the difference between the 16-pole and 15-pole

Now Kumar, the coil winder,is with a handful of jobs .

for the armature coil, while winding, if I take the same 1 hp manufacturer specified wire length, number of turns and gauge for each pole and make it a three pole design, means 1 hp total winding of mfg design will sit on one pole, will it be an adventure? or can I do it? Of course it'll become a fat motor

And I'm thinking to keep it two ft length so that the horizontal side will be more and thus I'm presuming it will become a good generator as well.
    Please guide.

Sorry if I'm annoying with my ignorance.

Namaste and regards

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• iankoglin
    replied
    Dear Sir,

Namaste. I was going by the thread again. It happened me to see the video "UFO Coil winding for Dummies" by Turion again one more time. The link for the video is here.

UFO Coil Winding for Dummies - YouTube

In this video at 0:45 he completed the cw winding and started anti-clockwise. Between 0:45 and 1:00, I observed the ccw winding stared covering 1,2,3,4 - presuming he covered poles 16,15,14,13 on clockwise winding.

The winding I did for 1 hp 15-pole is also in the same way. CW 15,14,13,12,11 and ccw 1,2,3,4,5

I'm confused as your drawings say 'the winding to take a turn at pole one' in ccw and cover 2,3,4,5,6

Here is the link for the drawing sir.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post241637

Please look into and guide. I am about to start winding for two more custom designed motors - one as generator and one as motor. Making the stator, rotor everything at the workshop.

Please look into the video of Turion sir and confirm so that I'll go right in winding.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar
    G'day Kumar
    I have written a Word Doc on how to wind the motor you are having trouble with. Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.

You can down load this document here

https://www.dropbox.com/home/15P2S%2...ng%20P1%20Only

I hope this is of some Use

I am looking forward to your progress
    Kindest Regards

Kogs Just trying to help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X