Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    DadHav,
    Believe me, those tests will be run. That is why I purchased several of the radio shack motors. I will have one (out of the box) one converted (from two put together) and a fourth to be used as a generator. I will use the converted and one right out of the box to run the fourth motor as a generator with a known constant load. It will be Monday before I have all my tests done, but then I will post results, including amps in, amps out voltage in, voltage out (loaded and unloaded) and rpms.

Dave
    We would all really appreciate that, thank you!

Comment

• Multi Rotor

Originally posted by Les_K View Post
      Wow, you guys are making nice work out of this...
      That metal is really tough stuff to cut. I finally took my dremel tool with a cutting disc mounted it on the lathe and turning it by hand was able to finally get it cut. I messed it up a little trying other things, but was able to clean it up a bit on the lathe after it was cut. I should be done with the winding today, sure can't wait to see it run....

When they get more motors in RS I am going to get two more so I can use one as a baseline and the other as a generator/dynamometer of sorts. I think I will use a light for linear load, Then see how the new motor compares against the old. If it can beat 600watts per HP (I think it will easily) then That is good, If this thing does anything like I think, then I should see something more like 300w/HP. Like I have told all my friends I don't like marginal testing, so I am really hoping to see closer to the 300w/hp range.

However this is an easy test, so those who have made much better builds could certainly give this a try while I catch up....

The next test I have planned it to use one build as the motor and another build as the Generator. That could get very interesting I would think.... don't tell the Mib's.....

Les
      Les. Are you sure you don't have a multi-rotor drone that will fly for an hour in mind?
      John H

Comment

• Hi UfoPolitics,

Thanks for the quick reply.
        And yes, I was as well thinking of pulsing the coils (which would give a bemf of course, not what we want). Thanks for telling us what you have tried. It helps us in thinking out of the box. I see you do, and hopefully more (others) will follow.
        ps: if I were from Bosch, I would use your wiring scheme. The range of the scooter should go up. How many percent? 200%? More? I am curious .. ..

Comment

• 3-pole motor

Turned the brush armature 90 degrees and it is running.
          (Sorry didn't properly read the Ufo instructions on this)
          Compared to the orignal motor it sounds more powefull with more rpm.
          The original uses 200 mA the modified one 250 mA.

ps. I cheated because I used the original coils and soldered extra cable at the coils to attach them to the proper commutators.

Greeting from 'the Netherlands',
          Bert

Comment

• Great Bbem!!

Originally posted by bbem View Post
            Turned the brush armature 90 degrees and it is running.
            (Sorry didn't properly read the Ufo instructions on this)
            Compared to the orignal motor it sounds more powefull with more rpm.
            The original uses 200 mA the modified one 250 mA.

ps. I cheated because I used the original coils and soldered extra cable at the coils to attach them to the proper commutators.

Greeting from 'the Netherlands',
            Bert

That's great Bbem...
            But you are a "cheater"...

Now lazy guy...if you could go with Higher gauge wire and much more turns, as the embodiment allows... it could really do much better...

Regards

Ufopolitcs
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Asymmetrical Motor-gen Connections...

Hello to All Replicants...

That sounded like from a Movie from Steven Spielberg...a "Replicant"...(kind of Robot made with specific Bio-Electronic Systems...

Anyways, I know you guys are winding like there is no tomorrow...
              Except the Cheater of Bbem...

Therefore you may not notice small "details" about this set-up...

I have done this testings and they are beyond expectations...but there is a way to make it wrong connected...So I render this CAD Diagram...
              NOTE: If you connect wrong the set up, it will counter effect the rotation when producing current...This would be a great test...then later on add Caps and watch the delay time after disconnecting Batteries...

It will be very obvious to say...that this Motors-Generators work much better by Oscillating-Controlling their speed Electronically...

[IMG][/IMG]

When You connect Face to Face, Generator Machine B is rotating "Counter" to Motor Machine A, therefore its Output would be opposite as it Normally was... ...Therefore, You must connect them the way I say...

Obviously, when Set-Up, is side to side...the Flow of Mechanical and therefore Electrical is in same direction...so it is connected then, as both Machines normal polarities...

Many Regards and Grrreat Testings!!

Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM.
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi UFO,

Theres some confusion on my end when it comes to the polarity of the connection in your motor-generator diagram. I thought the polarity of the asymmetrical motors was diagonal, or maybe that's just the case with the RS motor? I attached a image below..

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

• Radio Shack Motor Test Specs.

For those of you interested here are some test specs on the unmodified Radio Shack motor.

RadioShack® Super Speed 9-18VDC Hobby Motor
                  Model: 273-256 Catalog #: 273-256
                  This motor is perfect for solar power demonstrations, robotics, models, science projects and more. And it operates on three different voltage inputs: 9, 12 and 18V DC.
                  • No load: 9VDC 380mA current max., 11000± 15% speed, 150g.cm min. torque
                  • No load: 12VDC 400mA current max., 15200± 15% speed, 190g.cm min. torque
                  • No load: 18VDC 430mA current max., 24000± 15% speed, 290g.cm min. torque
                  • With load: 9VDC 1.1A current max., 9300± 15% speed
                  • With load: 12VDC 1.5A current max., 11500± 15% speed
                  • With load: 18VDC 2.4A current max., 18000± 15% speed
                  The motor is designed to run at 1.98 AMPS MAX!!
                  Recommend using 2 Amp Fuse.
                  MOUNTING INFO: Use METRIC Screws

Comment

• Update

Hi All

Ok, I have had the motor running for the last two hours – must switch off before the noise drives me insane! The motor has got quite warm/hot. Anyway, here are the battery voltage readings for the last 2 hours, amp draw has been about 700ma:

Start:1935hrs, 9.73v standing voltage
                    Switch on: 8.18v drop
                    8.14v /8.13v
                    8.14v/8.15v
                    8.11v/8.12v 1937hrs
                    8.10/8.11v 1945 hrs
                    8.12/8.13v 1947 hrs
                    8.10/8.11v 1951 hrs
                    8.12v 1955 hrs
                    8.14v 2013 hrs
                    8.13/8.14v 2033 hrs
                    8.10/8.11v 2125 hrs
                    8.09v 2135 hrs

It’s a real shame that the motor shaft is not longer, so as to attach a load, maybe generator as there is lots of torque. Will have a look tomorrow at the looping UFO showed.

Maybe someone could confirm these figures are normal or abnormal?

Regards

John

Comment

• Originally posted by darkoni View Post
                      Hi UFO,

Theres some confusion on my end when it comes to the polarity of the connection in your motor-generator diagram. I thought the polarity of the asymmetrical motors was diagonal, or maybe that's just the case with the RS motor? I attached a image below..

Thanks
                      That diagram is showing it internally, the motor brushes causes it to be diagonal

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                        This is what am going to say here...

I have been exposing my Work here,...and I admit, as you could see in some later videos...I do not have a good calmed, cool temper at all times...but an ITALIAN mixed with Spanish one, that is not good at all, I know!!..so I please ask you guys something...

This Thread is for my work exposure, and discussion, NOT to argue about Theories I have learned for a long time...therefore, I consider an insult to my Intelligence...for anyone trying to "refresh" old knowledge...Ok?

Let me remind you, that I also have access to Internet (as you can see me here), but also, to MUCH MORE Clever and Complicated "stuff"...than searching "Wikipedia" or "Google" or Yahoo...

So, May I ask, please, that before you direct to ME, with some kind of "opinion" or "Critic" or trying to tell me anything on "How it really Works Deals" crap...You do the following...

Please, review My QUALITY of Work here in its ENTIRETY, Watch My Quality of Videos on YouTube, please, WATCH MY MODELS AND LAB TESTINGS...My CAD Diagrams...and then keep watching some more...

But Please, I DID NOT came here to argue about "Physics" or Magnetism...or to learn about Inductors behavior, or the way magnets or motors and generators workkkkk????!!!!!

SO, All of you that come here, with that attitude and intentions "IN MIND"...This is what I want you to do... go ahead, and after you watch my prototypes, my videos, read my threads basic posts, etc, etc...Then go and CHECK OUT, all other Members WHO ARE DOING EXACTLY, WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE HERE...TO REPLICATE MY WORK, TEST IT AND COME BACK TO POST RESULTS!!

Then I want you to DEBUNK it with ALL your links, with all your theories, with all your knowledge learned...and tell me...what you think...and explain, explain, explain...OR ADMIT, that THEY F*** WORK!!!

OK??

So I could really care less...How many keep posting the "How it Works" BS...I will just ignore you...

I really do not appreciate that!!
                        Hey UFOpolitics, I think people when people are doing this it is just their native personality and everyone has their quirks and so best to ignore. And some people may want to show their intelligence and maybe gain a small bit of the glory here too by saying they understand it better but I'm sure it's obvious to most here that you not only have an extreme amount of builds under your belt but have done the research, hard study work and have a great understanding from your lab experience as well as research. I'd say you were Tesla reborn or the new 21st century Tesla but I wouldn't want to give you a fat head Some here like lamare are very strong on theory and may always want to share their knowledge but I think you are also very strong on theory and the difference is you are also very strong on actual lab experience. And we all know theory does not always equal real world experience.
                        Thanks again for all you are sharing here. I hope everyone continues to share in harmony here as it seems it has been so far 'cause this is BIG - very BIG in my opinion (for what that's worth).
                        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Hi Ufo,
                          got other motors 24V from car wiper (manufacturer SWF).
                          Wiper_Motor.jpg
                          2 magnets, 2 brushes, but strange: 8 poles.
                          No idea about the winding scheme

Is it necessary to replace this winding as well or can it be reconnected to the 2nd commutator?

BTW: I will check the DC generator from old VW beetle (have two of those cars in my garge). As far I remember the brush holder fits to the other side as well. Additionally it has a pulley for the belt so 2 of them can be connected very easily.

Thanks Ufo for your kind words above. We all got our intuition and skills on loan from the creator in order to share them in any community. Exactly that happens here in this thread. Warm thanks to all you guys!
                          Last edited by JohnStone; 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM.
                          Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi all

Hi Ufopolitics

After one day of great joy with looking this small motor spinning, i begin to go deeper in the reflection.

So the first question to ask at this point , and in my opinion, is not the power in versus the power out and , or comparison from the power of the original motor to the modified motor . (those basic question will be answered later )

But now i think that the main question is HOW CAN THIS MOTOR WORK???

here a small video about this question.

Will have a disturbed night, but that is is fantastic

good luck at all

laurent

Sorry to all, i have retired the video because i was so fascinated by this motor that i was somehow blinded and did not realise that the brush holders are reversed (in opposition ) so the electrical connection to the battery is there.And everything is OK for me now.

Sorry for having too much enthousiasm. Have to calm down a bit
                            Last edited by woopy; 07-15-2012, 09:26 AM. Reason: Mistake from me

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
                              <snip< "you have all the torque on the shaft which you can use almost for free, so if you connect a separate generator to the shaft, you may very well be able to create a self-runner."
                              That's what I was thinking of doing. Maybe add the output also from the main drive motor to charge the battery that is running the motor and also turning the generator that charges the same battery. Diodes might be needed if using outputs from both to charge the same battery but between the two it sounds like a self runner waiting to happen
                              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Exactly Darkoni..

Originally posted by darkoni View Post
                                Hi UFO,

Thanks

Hello Darkoni,

In that particular Motor (the R/Shack) it is in Diagonal), but there are many others that Brush arrangement are like this I have here...

But also for "Sake of Simplicity" I set it that way, for Diagram easy understanding, as I write clearly where the Inputs are on all examples...

I did it also like this set up in my Video on the Asymmetry to Enlightenment...so I do not have to Cross Flows and create confusion...there is enough already...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X