Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Gratitude Jim, But Not As We Know It! ; )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Gratitude Jim, But Not As We Know It! ; )

I wanted to share something that I discovered a couple of months ago, which turned my life around almost immediately:

Most of us are familiar with Gratitude - and we know that in order to attract what you want, you need to feel Gratitude for what you already have in your life.

But we tend to Thank the Universe, or God. It doesn't come naturally to us to Thank Ourselves for creating and attracting what we have so far. It doesn't come naturally to us to feel Grateful to Ourselves!

And it can make all the difference in the world! I found that it was like aiming my fishing rod at a certain point in the water, and perfecting the casting, the bait and the equipment, and being reeeeeally patient - and then suddenly finding out that I just needed to aim sliiiiiiightly to the left - and THAT'S where all the fish are!!! Now I've Got it!!

No matter what your religious beliefs, most people on this forum agree that we attract what we have in our lives (Law of Attraction) - so surely we deserve acknowledgement and gratitude for our part in that ; )

So, while we can also express Gratitude to the Universe, and God - if that feels good - when we start expressing Gratitude to ourselves, two main things happen:

* Self Esteem starts to climb (taking your vibration with it ; )

* By thanking yourself for the things in your life that make you feel good, you are reinforcing the fact that you create and attract good in your life - which opens you up to allowing more of it.

When you're on your own, feeling Grateful, try saying "Thank Me" - it's a funny feeling ; )

Love and Light and Magic xxx
    Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
    Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!
    Free Trial - Bob Proctor Coaching Program

Hi Illusions,
    Originally posted by illusions View Post
    When you're on your own, feeling Grateful, try saying "Thank Me" - it's a funny feeling ; )
    I like it

With Gratitude (thank me )
    Alan
    Save over $1,000 on PATHS
    Live your dreams through choosing PATHS

Comment

Hey Illusions!

Odile!

What a great post! You are right, it does sound and feel a bit funny.

But how true what you say is. It makes perfect sense, and I am going to start practicing it. Thank you!

It is something that I have done for as long as I can remember, but not regularly, and not in the same straight forward way you intuited.

For decades (don't really remember when I started it) when I would come up with a good idea, I would say "I'm a genius and did not even know it!". Pretty much I would only say this around family or close friends, in a joking kind of way (my IQ is smack dab in the middle of the normal range). But this was my way of acknowledging myself when I thought I did something extraordinary.

Your genius, of simply saying "Thank me", definitely resonates that it will cause a positive shift in thinking. (and it does not preclude me from continuing to thank God for the gift of Life)

Thank you!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
      Energetic Science Ministries
      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Thank You me
        www.paths4everyone.com

Comment

Ooh, Lama, Thank YOU so much, for resurrecting this thread!!

Do you know, despite the fact that I wrote this post (over a year ago!), I had forgotten to continue to practise this myself!!!

I've learned so many new things and discovered so much new insight since then that, instead of adding it to this, I've been distracted by it and unwittingly replaced this!

Thank you very much Lama, for bringing this thread up again so I can remind myself to Thank Me!

Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
          Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!

Comment

to Odille
            www.paths4everyone.com

Comment

While I am new to the Energetic Forum (this is my first post), I am not new to the practice of Gratitude.

Thanking yourself rings a clear bell with me. Thanking yourself acknowledges and empowers your co-creation of your reality. Part of the difficulties some experience w/the LOA is the recognition of one's role in co-creation.

When we thank Creator/God/Spirit etc., we can easily move ourselves one step outside of the process, and lose the connection we have to the Creator and to our role in the creation process. This could be why people have trouble w/ the LOA - they don't recognise and thank themselves for all of the wonders and lessons they've created.

Thanks, Illusions, for bringing this very important point up.... and to the member who resurrected this topic, just in time for me to see it!

Comment

thanks Odille

Originally posted by illusions View Post
                Most of us are familiar with Gratitude - and we know that in order to attract what you want, you need to feel Gratitude for what you already have in your life.
                But we tend to Thank the Universe, or God. It doesn't come naturally to us to Thank Ourselves for creating and attracting what we have so far. It doesn't come naturally to us to feel Grateful to Ourselves!

No matter what your religious beliefs, most people on this forum agree that we attract what we have in our lives (Law of Attraction) - so surely we deserve acknowledgment and gratitude for our part in that ; )

So, while we can also express Gratitude to the Universe, and God - if that feels good - when we start expressing Gratitude to ourselves, two main things happen:

* Self Esteem starts to climb (taking your vibration with it ; )
                * By thanking yourself for the things in your life that make you feel good, you are reinforcing the fact that you create and attract good in your life - which opens you up to allowing more of it.

Great stuff Odille,
                I agree on the funny feeling and enjoy laughter! I've come to some realizations with my spiritual development. It came to me today that unknowingly, low self esteem is taught! Between being told as a kid not be over-confident or to be proud of your accomplishments - in a sense and with religions searching for an external "God" thru an idolized perfect being, and being told you're a sinner/bad. Seth who was channeled by Jane Roberts, wanted to share his info through channeling so you wouldn't worship him and instead realize your own goodness & be self-empowered with the teachings. He said, "you guys have a way when someone comes along to share great wisdom, you idolize, give your power away and form a religion!" Everything is up for interpretation.
                "The greatest sin is to question your Divinity."

— Ancient Essene axiom

We are magnificent, divine beings. But if we were just taught how great, wondrous, divine, and loving creatures we really are, things would be a lot smoother. If this offends anyone, please forgive me.
                We are amazing individuals -- we learned to fly, climbed Everest, zipped around in submarines and went to the moon, I still remember that day as a kid. The more we learn and share, we add to the universal knowledge in the cosmos -- be yourself and grow! And anyone can tap into it or if you're really cool TRV the stuff!

Also, the more we really love ourselves and each other we'll be comfortable with how powerful that love is. I learned that from the Living on Love books and theLiving on Love thread

These days a lot are learning how our thoughts, feelings and beliefs affect our wellbeing. In the Prosperity Prayer I came across, it starts "I am" -- declaring that is a great way to be in line with what you're manifesting - good stuff.

Empath is right, we are co-creators (that's what being creative is all about, right?) We're utilizing a great loving energy bestowed throughout the universe and we are amazing.

I wish you all the best,

Doug
                With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Hi Doug

... unknowingly, low self esteem is taught! Between being told as a kid not be over-confident or to be proud of your accomplishments - in a sense and with religions searching for an external "God" thru an idolized perfect being, and being told you're a sinner/bad.
                  ExActly!!! I believe that the "root of all evil" is Low Self Esteem! Most of us are programmed to believe that others are worth more than we are, that we should serve others and that we should put others before our selves. This programming isn't always through verbal instruction - it's also through demonstration, the way in which we're treated and spoken to - and implied through religious and educational teachings.

This results in a Core Subconscious belief that we are undeserving, unworthy, and "less than". Some "accept" this, by trying to make up for what they believe they are. They strive to please, strive to prove, strive to be of service, strive to make amends for being so unworthy, strive to earn approval - from both humans and their God, strive to hurt and deprive themselves enough to become worthy (this is of course mostly subconscious) .... and in so doing, they repeatedly reinforce those core beliefs.....

And some rebel - something inside them rebels against the programming, but because it clashes with what they're taught, it's misdirected. A person who is arrogant and "full of himself" has self esteem just as low as the person who lives appologetically and allows himself to be walked over. Each one is simply displaying different symptoms of low self esteem and low self worth. One is living the belief, the other is trying to bury it. But they are both living the result of that belief.

I believe that if each child was raised with High Self Esteem and High Self Worth, there would be no war, no crime, no unemployment, no deliberate cruelty, no poverty...

A person with genuine High Self Esteem and High Self Worth is not threatened by the success of others, is capable of creating for himself wealth, career success and satisfaction, healthy relationships, and whatever else he wants. A person with genuine High Self Esteem and High Self Worth is not threatened by different viewpoints and different beliefs and different religions. He is so secure in himself that he is able to allow others to be and believe whatever they choose - because he knows it is no threat to himself. A person with High Self Esteem and High Self Worth is able to be vulnerable, show love and affection, and negotiate without feeling threatened, without feeling vulnerable ... and is able to feel good without putting someone else down.

Imagine a whole generation growing up with High Self Esteem and High Self Worth. Imagine them running business, countries... and the world!

Comment

I've just been writing about EXACTLY this principle, as in today, just before I came out to go online. Working on a chapter in a self help book for people who don't understand they're going to have to help themselves as well as read a book if they want results, and the thanking yourself is a profoundly important part of the process of going from a negative mindset to a positive one.

It is indeed the fuel in our emotional tanks that gets us through one more day, and if you know you're doing things for yourself and others around you that deserve thanks, why not thank yourself? It promotes a release of enzmyes that have a measurable biological effect, the same as making yourself laugh at nothing makes you "feel" good. What's going on, is you're rewiring neural pathways, aligning them into firing in a habitual sequence that promotes emotional wellbeing. Do it every day, in a mirror, and if anyone thinks your crazy, remember it's easier to be thought of as nuts than amazing.

great thread! Thank you, thank you so much! You've done such wonderful things to my day! Yes, you! THANKS!!!

edit:
                    Thought I'd drop in with a piece of music for anyone who pops into this thread.

I wrote this piece as an expression of grattitude to a dear friend, a way of expressing my thanks for their friendship in music, which I believe is the language of the soul.

Imagine that, you go to a thread on grattitude, and find a free gift of music to be thankful for! Signs and wonders...

Song from a soul
                    Last edited by noises; 04-26-2009, 08:57 AM.
                    “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”

Comment

Working...
                    X