Why Positive Thoughts are Not Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Positive Thoughts are Not Enough

We have all met or heard of people that have the "Midas Touch", people that are always Positive.

We have all met people that want, try and work hard to be positive, but no matter how hard it seems they try, it just does not seem to work for them.

Others that work diligently at applying the principles of LOA, The Secret, Tony Robbins, etc., yet their lives don't seem much different, or maybe they are even more discouraged.

Here is why-

In Dr. Bruce Lipton's book, The Biology of Belief, he makes many points...here are three of them that illuminate the conundrum:

1. "Positive thoughts have a profound effect on behavior and genes, BUT ONLY WHEN THEY ARE IN HARMONY WITH SUBCONSCIOUS PROGRAMMING.

Huh Oh...pretty big BUT

2. "The actions of the subconscious mind are reflexive in nature and are NOT governed by reason or thinking."

Oh My, we are starting to see the challenge here.

3. In the entire book he explains how important subconscious thoughts and subconscious energy are in the control of who we actually are, but he also states that it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE, to change subconscious programming.

He specifically states, many times, that changing conscious thought is NOT enough!

So there are millions of people working diligently to think positively on a conscious level, and that energy is running smack dab into subconscious programming that is in conflict with their conscious thoughts.

This causes turmoil, discouragement, cognitive dissonance, and millions of posts on the internet contesting the validity of LOA, etc.

For Many, if not all of us, subconscious reprogramming is needed so that it is working in concert with our conscious thoughts.

If you think it is a challenge to control your conscious thoughts....

The conscious mind processes about 40 bits of information a second, and with effort we can control that.

The subconscious mind processes about 40 MILLION bits of information per second, making it near impossible (as Dr. Lipton states) to reprogram.

There are some tools, that with MUCH WORK and a LOT of Time, can make headway in reprogramming the subconscious.

There is only One Tool that is relatively easy, definitely Fun, and does not take a lot of time.

PATHS Rapid Data Transfer, Generation II, On-Line Theaters.

To learn more visit PATHS ~ Mind Energetics

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
    Energetic Science Ministries
    Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Kevin

This information is extremely valuable in my eyes. I am so glad you posted this.
    When I first read and watched "The Secret" and learned of the law of attraction I was so ecstatic and grateful. I immediately applied it but only to learn that fears came up and I couldn't do the third step which was "act". I couldn't understand why and if this LOA is so easy, why did all these fears and anxieties come up? No matter how hard I tried to think positive and feel good.
    Something inside me though would not let go. My gut told me to keep searching and that's when I was led to PATHS. I am forever grateful to have discovered PATHS and change all my negative programming sub-consciously!! I have definitely changed and am amazed of the changes that have happened to me. Even going through a hard break-up. I assure you that if I wasn't on PATHS...I WOULD BE IN A WORSE SITUATION, guaranteed!
    So thanks again Kevin!! PATHS and this forum will change the world!
    With Infinite Love and Gratitude,
    Christine

Comment

And that's why I especially love SLP 1!!!! I find myself rotating it in & out of my Paths Theater every few months because even though I "think" I've eliminated negative thoughts from my mind, I find they start creeping back in and Successful Living Phase 1 helps me Enormously with that!

Comment

Wow, Kevin, that is so well put! It's something I know, but seem to have trouble putting into words - thanks for clarifying it so effectively.

Love and Light and Magic xxx
        Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
        Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!
        Free Trial - Bob Proctor Coaching Program

Comment

You are so right. I have excellent will-power and am very good at changing my conscious thoughts and taking action but no matter how hard I tried I just felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall . It was sooo discouraging to try so so hard and just not make progress. And I tried many things to change my subconscious programming. And again, nothing! I am so glad that I found Paths. Knowing how it works and what it can do and that is really is talking with your subconscious in a way it understands and making such a difference.
          Transformational Paths
          Experience a Paths theater for free

Comment

PATH Qi

Hi,

I am not familiar with this PATH stuff. Came here mostly for the energy forum. Was checking out some threads and found this one.

Just some notes from my own observations:

Careful with the whole "Will Power" thing. Adolph Hitler once led his soul, nation, and entire world astray among too much occult dabbling. He dared teach the German people that all of their blessings derived from their will power alone.

That said, there is still such a thing as focused and directed human will. For some, it is a natural affair. Some are born a bit fractured (like Nikola Tesla). Others become like that among shamanistic affairs, drugs, psychiatric problems, too much nerd work, intense emotions of any kind, cyclic things of any kind (including applied frequencies such as in Flicker Vertigo), meditative "feel the vibes", etc. It can be a rifting of the spirit from the body, and a complete fracture of the mind where mismanaged. Qi masters will tell you that sometimes those who practice Qi Gong go insane.

These are mystical ways of priests, so the layman has to be careful. But, meditation -- regardless of one's religion -- has many medical and mental benefits. Visualization is a strong component in projected Qi, certainly. There is meditation in prayer and relaxation that "sees" nothing or just coming alive and living in your element when stressed, but projected Chi is a mental act.

It's a subject of the "inner martial arts". Most people are familiar with the outer; The Bruce Lee chop chop, highly energy inefficient stuff. Visualization is very critical to it all, and everything we do in life. To put out a candle at a distance, you have to see the energy flow through you to the flame. To feel no pain, your mind just blocks it out. Some people learn that young in life (Especially if you're the youngest among siblings or cousins, or grow up badly). To succeed at anything or just survive, you have to see it. See yourself completing things and carrying through -- the same as making a basketball shot, or hitting a baseball, or throwing darts, or shooting at targets by rifle or pistol or bow. To drive well, you have to see it in your mind ahead of the road. To fly well, you have to see and think spherically; To see yourself landing.

Those are all passive and looking actions, but there is also an active component of carrying through. It is like trying to put a rifle bullet on target in gusty winds and far downrange. You can think and calculate angles. There's windage varying. To take the shot as an egghead doesn't work. It is with practice and feel -- the mind molding with the weapon and wind and your becoming one with your aircraft or weapons -- that oneness...that's where it's at. When the rifle is not a mere rifle, but an extension of your mind and spirit; When the aircraft is not a machine, but that very same extension of your will -- as if you have grown feathers and live as not even human with even an eagle's aggression in a dive....that's the transformation.
            Putting a bullet on target despite wind is an act of projecting the human Ki. The ones who miss pull the trigger and let their mind wander elsewhere. To always hit like a miracle shot...you have to follow through with the mind all the way to bullet impact. It's a kind of aggression. With the rifle recoiling back, you're still trying to look through the scope or following the projectile with your eyes. Sometimes not even using a scope or sights at all, and just feeling the trajectory.

It's like these pistol cowboy shooters that fire from the hip. No looking through the sight picture. Just feel of where the bullet belongs from draw to fire, but following it through with the mind.

It's like bowling. Some tell you to aim for the ticks on the lane, but I prefer to bowl looking at the pins. In my youth, my best games were mostly strikes and all picked up spares -- even as splits. But, I would put such aggression into the ball that I was only good for a couple games before tired. A couple times in any game, I'd cross the line and go flying down the lane all oil skidded. But, my ball flew to the pins and crashed with heavy impact each time! You look foolish and mess up your clothes, but you get the scores. Strong visualization is like that. You have to follow that ball all the way through to the tumbled pins -- never letting your mind and sight off it. Never looking at sights painted for you on the floor.

It's like throwing darts. I do best not tossing them, but going way back some 30 feet and just letting loose all my childhood rage. That bullseye to me is not a game, but something I want dead. My buddies laugh that I nail my bullseye most the time and with even secondary darts sticking in the metal tails of other darts; Clean puncture right through. Just all this anger flung and crash. We crack up because I do sometimes knock the board off the wall. And when I try to toss them gently from up close? Hah! I miss. Why? I dunno. I just need my perspectives, linear relationship of self to the world around me, distance I'm comfortable with, and it's sort of where my own Ki projection is tuned. But, it's the same story there. That dart may leave my hand, but its entire flightpath is still in my head.

As for me, I do very well flowing my Ki outward to crazy degree in anger, but doing so calmly and without that strain I am still learning. I push it out like laying an egg, but a real Qi master just flows it out like a breath. At times in my life, it has been like that. But, anyhow, it's hard to articulate.

Meditation does help to separate the mind from the noise of the world. It is like going for a dive below the ocean floor. At the surface (consciousness) we have rough waves of the sea. As you go deeper inward, the waters become more still. And you can look around. Dangerous it is to try to silence your mind into oblivion. It is better to focus on some sort of positive or holy thing -- a scripture, things loved, good things, or even work -- and you go inward while untangling all the other noise.

I am not into communion with spirits or anything like that. I stay away from "altered states", but, in time, the mind does fracture a bit more. The "eye" opens up more. You become more detached from the world and prefer to live more inward. The noise of the world hits you harder. People with their emotions, fears, negative energy, and all that. The slightest locution of the souls to others you start to feel. Yes, even things of the past, present, and future strike you at times. You can walk in the pitch black of night and still find your way. In tuning out the noise and living more in nature, every little rustle of the wind through trees -- even a bird's rustle hundreds of yards out calls to you. It's like transforming to high gain antenna, and it can drive you nuts, so you need to learn to turn it on and off, too.

Anyhow, enough rambling. Just wanted to leave you some links on Ki, visualization, and these things that overlap a bit with your topic.

See ya!

The Forgotten 5th Essence (spirit)

The Fifth Essence (Qi) in Man:

A basic Ki Projection exercise I do.
            YouTube - RE: One Inch Punch Finger. Chi Projection with Candles - Ki

This is ki - The Ki Project(ion)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7MG...eature=related

This is Ki - Part 2
            YouTube - This is Ki - Part 2

Chi Projection
            YouTube - Qigong master projecting his chi energy

Chi Projection - objects
            YouTube - Qi,move things without touch!believe it?

Ki Master boils water
            YouTube - Qigong Master Boils Water With His Hands Pyrokinesis

Ki Masters (not comedy)
            YouTube - Ki Masters (not comedy)

Excellent Aikido Demonstration
            YouTube - Excellent Aikido Demonstration

The Golden Rule
            The Golden Rule in World Religions

Video views of some Ki masters:

The power of chi, qi
            YouTube - The power of chi, qi

To-ate by J.J. Quéro
            YouTube - To-ate by J.J. Quéro

Ueshiba the Archmage
            YouTube - Ueshiba the Archmage ?

Morihei Ueshiba
            YouTube - Morihei Ueshiba

Aikido: Moriteru Ueshiba - Christian Tissier
            YouTube - Aikido: Moriteru Ueshiba - Christian Tissier

Aikido Kisshomaru & Moriteru Ueshiba Jodo
            YouTube - Aikido Kisshomaru & Moriteru Ueshiba jo techniques

Kisshomaru Ueshiba Doshu Tama Aikikai Demo
            YouTube - æ¤èŠå‰ç¥¥ä¸¸é“主多摩演æ*¦ï¼‘993年 Kisshomaru Ueshiba Doshu Tama Aikikai Demo

Aikido Tomiki Kenji sensei
            YouTube - Aikido Tomiki Kenji sensei åˆæ°—é“ å¯Œæœ¨è¬™æ²»å…ˆç”Ÿ

Ryurei Aikido - Munemochi Ki Waza
            YouTube - Ryurei Aikido - Munemochi Ki Waza

Videos of Ki in the master Aviator:

New - Sean D. Tucker Aerobatics to Steve Morse
            YouTube - Sean D. Tucker Aerobatics to Steve Morse - Air on a 6 String

Extra 300 & Sukhoi su31 Aerobatics - Haute Voltige
            YouTube - Extra 300 & Sukhoi su31 Aerobatics - Haute Voltige

Videos of Ki in the marksman:

Incredible Archery
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSXS4cRFFI

Rifleman Ki
            YouTube - Clint Foster .22 Caliber Exhibition Shooting

Comical videos of innate Ki in its most innocent and natural form:

Rabbit vs Snake
            YouTube - Rabbit vs Snake

Basketball Ki
            YouTube - SICK BASKETBALL SHOTS!!

Comment

Another Exercise

Almost forgot!

Here's a little something I do now that winter is passing and the sun is returning. I go stick my face in the sunshine. Sometimes from my office window, and just soak in the sun. There's a lot of radiant energy that flows through the body, but, even in the sunshine, we don't trigger the mind to soak it all up, and so we lose a bit of free boost to our vitality.

If you close your eyes in the sun, you will see red to orange on your eyelids. But, you will also notice that -- at times -- the light turns white. Focus your mind on that and try to soak in the light. Fell it running through your eyes and into the body like a fresh recharge of the body. It is not difficult to visualize in the warmth of the sun.

But, with mental focus, you can flash between seeing white or red. You can turn it on and off, or adjust as you like. Sometimes too much white is too bright.

What's going on there? I think it is mostly mental control over pupil dilation, but have never confirmed that theory. In any case, it has almost the same effect as these Hindu yogis who recharge by sungazing, but you can do it at any hour of day and not go blind. The white light is only damaging if you think that it is. In time, you will be able to widen your pupils a bit in darker environments which gives you a bit better night vision. It's a bit like these eye training exercises people do for nearsightedness.

Comment

You have some interesting analogies. I particularly like the one comparing meditation to diving in the ocean.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts
                Namaste,
                Pamela
                Discover the Single Greatest Health Science Breakthrough of the Century

Comment

Hello

Hi Pam,

Hugs... I love these emotocons.

Glad you enjoyed that. The ocean analogy is not mine, in all honesty. I was taught that by an Ayurvedic practitioner friend in our discussions on yogi stuff. Where he got it? I dunno. We probably stole it from some book author out there somewhere, so that should be noted just to be honest.

Okay, gotta run. I updated my profile page here and will be mostly hanging around in the energy threads now and then. Mostly the Stan Deyo one and others of interest. Fun anti-gravity who ha!

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                    So there are millions of people working diligently to think positively on a conscious level, and that energy is running smack dab into subconscious programming that is in conflict with their conscious thoughts.

This causes turmoil, discouragement, cognitive dissonance, and millions of posts on the internet contesting the validity of LOA, etc.
                    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

but... it's PART OF THE PROCESS. There's nothing wrong with hitting that wall, however many times you have to. Don't hate on your subconscious programming, even if it's discouraging sometimes. Feed it some love, forgive it for being down. Help it back up.

I believe there's another subconscious program running in your head that knows which way progress is, and it'll win a lot of the subconscious battles that leave battle scars like cognitive dissonance if you let it. It's every bit as insidious and sneaky as the dark subconscious programs, but he's their enemy. The point is persistence in imposing the influence towards positive change, in spite of any setback, internal or external. If you feel like there's a battle going on inside you to win the power of positive thinking all the time and all the rewards you've heard that come with it, smuggle some arms to the good guys. Attack the bad guy's supply routes. Pick a side and fight for it.

Sit there thinking about how hopeless it is to change your internal mental tapes after all is not a real good way to change them, no matter what tools you employ.

the stronger their personal conviction, the more they seek to justify or amend their conviction retroactively when it doesn't pan out the way their beliefs where structured initially.

That's from a paper that talks about a cognitive dissonance experiment. The thousands of people who end up on the internet writing rants about how that hippy LOA stuff never works, they tried it for two whole years and they still don't have a Ferrari, I think they might have been missing the entire point anyway.

The LOA works for me because I learned I have to be worked by it. It's not about ME getting what I think I WANT, it's about ME doing what I NEED to be doing for and with OTHERS. The universe then gives me EVERYTHING I need to accomplish that.

Before anyone it's not working for asks, no, I don't know why the LOA doesn't work the way you think it should work, for the things you think it should work for.
                    Last edited by noises; 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM.
                    “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”

Comment

Originally posted by noises View Post

The LOA works for me because I learned I have to be worked by it. It's not about ME getting what I think I WANT, it's about ME doing what I NEED to be doing for and with OTHERS. The universe then gives me EVERYTHING I need to accomplish that.

Before anyone it's not working for asks, no, I don't know why the LOA doesn't work the way you think it should work, for the things you think it should work for.
                      I believe LOA is simple in its explanation and difficult in it's execution. Time factors alone eliminate most people from acquiring what they truly desire, let alone the work required.

there is a physical -> mental -> universal process attached to anything you seek and many many breakdown points along the way that lead to ultimate failure.

You can sit and dream about Ferrari's all day long but that alone won't put one in your driveway, and if you needed a "good universal reason" to have one, I doubt there would be one in any driveway anywhere..

Comment

Dilligent observation is the key

Subconscious programing is quite a problem when changing ones direction in life or how we go about things.
                        Programing shows up (usually) as emotional memory of hurts or mental fears of what might hurt and the action patterns we developed to protect ourselves from these perceived threats of pain.
                        More often than not the actions/reactions were developed at a very young age, how many times do you see so called adults acting like a 5 year old in some situations. This is basically living the present from a past judgment of what all that type of situations are, from the limited perceptions of a child.
                        Present time information more often than not, disputes the subconscious assumption.
                        When we stay in a state of observation of whats going on inside of us we then have a chance to "catch" our subconscious reaction and possibly apply real time information to the situation.
                        Neutral observation without judgment is the most effective and brings us closer to living in the now, this especially means not judging yourself.
                        Self observation is difficult and is a learned process, I started by looking closely after the event and asking myself things like where did this come from, is it based on whats real now, how am I perceiving the information, am I judging and where did that judgment come from (past, future, now ?) the list of questions is long but all are aimed at living in the present.
                        This became a habit and soon I got faster and faster at catching what was coming up, to the point of being able to catch it before I put it out into the world/universe.
                        There are many ways of shifting ones self, I'm not familiar with the "PATHs" processes but get that they are worth checking out.
                        Set your intention and move in that direction, use what works for you and be smart enough to get rid of what doesn't.

L&L
                        David

P.S.
                        Using the LOA or any other method of creation, unless you feel your so wise as to know the mind of god, I suggest you ask for "This or better for the highest good" and don't get upset if the highest good doesn't look the way you thought it should.

Comment

This should provide some food for thought on how to bypass the problem of subconscious sabotage:

Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer
                          John Lilly - Programming & Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer

Comment

Hi Kevin,
                            You have made some very important statements in the OP:
                            In Dr. Bruce Lipton's book, The Biology of Belief, he makes many points...here are three of them that illuminate the conundrum:

1. "Positive thoughts have a profound effect on behavior and genes, BUT ONLY WHEN THEY ARE IN HARMONY WITH SUBCONSCIOUS PROGRAMMING.

Huh Oh...pretty big BUT

2. "The actions of the subconscious mind are reflexive in nature and are NOT governed by reason or thinking."

Oh My, we are starting to see the challenge here.

3. In the entire book he explains how important subconscious thoughts and subconscious energy are in the control of who we actually are, but he also states that it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE, to change subconscious programming.

He specifically states, many times, that changing conscious thought is NOT enough!

For Many, if not all of us, subconscious reprogramming is needed so that it is working in concert with our conscious thoughts.

If you think it is a challenge to control your conscious thoughts....

The conscious mind processes about 40 bits of information a second, and with effort we can control that.

The subconscious mind processes about 40 MILLION bits of information per second, making it near impossible (as Dr. Lipton states) to reprogram.
                            This hits the broad side of the elephant in the living room that none could really see.
                            Another tool set which has proved very useful is found here:
                            Dr.Lozanov
                            Some info on him is found here:
                            Suggestopedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                            X