Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Super Duper Book Thread

Calling ALL Bookworms!!

Now I know that there are many of you reading some absolutely mind boggling, thought provoking, enlightening & fascinating books. Many of which have been commented on throughout various threads.

I thought that it would be handy to have a place where we could post reviews & thoughts, comments on the books that we read where they could be kept all together for quick & easy referral. So please add your favorites to this thread!

I'll kick off with a review that I did recently for ESM's newsletter just in case you missed it!

The True Power of Water - HADO - Healing And Discovering Ourselves - Masaru Emoto

After reading this book one's perspective of water will never be the same again. If you take into account that our bodies are comprised of approximately 80% water the connection between developing positive thoughts & belief systems & the huge benefits to be derived from being on PATHS become startlingly obvious.

This book details the research on water carried out by Masaru Emoto & his discovery that water has unique properties – its quality & energetic vibration (hado) changes according to the information that it receives. Words, thoughts, pictures & music all carry a vibration & can impart information to water. This book includes many graphic color photos of Emoto's experiments with water photographed as crystals after being exposed to positive & negative words, thoughts & music. Love & gratitude were shown to have an enormous positive effect in changing the hado or energy of water & were shown “to enhance immunity” in the body.

Emoto also discusses interesting case histories of his patients that he treated with hado medicine, an alternative healing modality that he developed using specially prepared hado water developed for each patients specific illness. Again highlighting the power of water when carrying positive or negative information.

Other concepts covered in the book are the hado of foods, the power of words & their effect on food, especially when preparing & cooking it & how to protect oneself from electromagnetic waves.

Emoto concludes at the end of his book - “We must pay respect to water, feel love and gratitude, and receive vibrations with a positive attitude. Then water changes, you change, and I change. Because both you and I are water.”

Love, Light & Blessings,
    Sharyn
    Theta Healing
    Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

What a great idea, Sharyn!

Here is one of my favourite books in the world - Creating Money, by the wonderful Sanaya Roman channelling Orin. It may sound like a straight-out finance book, but it's not. It's a compassionate, yet practical, guide to finding and living your life purpose. I just love this book to pieces! My own words cannot do it justice, so I'll let you read this review.

Incidentally, I love all the books in the channelled Earth Life series. Are there any other Orin and Daben fans out there?

Comment

Here is a list of a few of my favorite books:

The New International Version Bible has several books in it that I review on a regular basis- Proverbs, John, Philippians, Romans

Fighting to Win
      by David J. Rogers

Fighting to Win is about applying Samurai Techniques in your work and life. This book is packed full of wisdom. One of the chapters, entitled "Slaying Your Emotional Dragons" is absolutely life changing!

Here is a short excerpt from that chapter-

"The samurai was aware that 70 percent of his battles were the inner dragons, and that fear was at the heart of them. He peered right into the eyes of his opponents...and concluded: 'Fears is the true enemy, the only enemy'. He would have come to precisely the same conclusion if he were alive today."

Another quote-"Your ability to choose how you will direct your attention is your most powerful weapon. That is an overriding them of this book."

One more quote-"The real problem isn't what you think it is. It is not the fear. It's their belief that the fear has the power to prevent them from doing it. If you forget about yourself and your dragons completely and focus only on adapting to what the battle requires of you, no dragon will ever stop you."

This books is a real eye-opener, published in 1984 by Doubleday.

Think and Grow Rich
      by Napoleon Hill.

A classic, first published in 1937. 95%+ of all self-help books, seminars, and workshops available today are just repackaging of the principles from this book.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
      Energetic Science Ministries
      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Suggestions from Moria

I noticed that Moria had also started a thread about books, which also include some of my favorites, so I've copied & pasted her suggestions here as well.

I'm sure we all have books we've found interesting and eye opening, so please, can we share some titles?

I Love reading and would love to be recommended some new books!

Here's a few of the ones I recommend, in no special order:

Matrix Energetics - Richard Bartlett

Busting Loose - Robert Scheinfeld

The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East Vol 1-6 - Baird T Spalding

The Holographic Universe - Michael Talbot

The Field - Lynne McTaggart

The Reconnection - Eric Pearl

The Disappearance of The Universe - Gary R Renard

The Way of the Wizard - Deepak Chopra

Psycho-Cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz

The Master Key System - Charles F Haanel

Anything with Abraham-Hicks and Neale Donald Walsch

Will post more when they come to mind...

Moria x

Love, Light & Blessings,
        Sharyn
        Theta Healing
        Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Thank You!

Thanks, Rin for your suggestion & link. I hadn't come across Sanaya Roman before but I think the books sound really interesting so I will look out for those.

Kevin, I recently read "Think & Grow Rich" & can also highly recommend it! My only regret is that despite hearing about it many times I have never gotten around to reading it until recently! And of course now I wonder why it took me so long!

There are a lot of books on Moria's list that are also amongst my favorites. Thank you Moria!

A Few More of My Own:

Be Your Own Psychic - Sherron Mayes (This one almost fell off the shelf into my hands & of course because of the similarity to my own name - Sharyn Hayes I simply had to buy it).

Decoding Your Destiny - Carmen Harra Ph.D

How To Be Wildly Wealthy Fast - Sandy Forster

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

SynchroDestiny - Deepak Chopra - highly recommnended. This one also happened in very synchronystic circumstances whilst I was on the Synchronicity module so I knew that I was meant to have it!

Creative Visualization - Shakti Gawain

Ask & it Is Given - Esther & Jerry Hicks

The Science of Getting Rich - Dr Wallace Wattles

Love, Light & Blessings,
          Sharyn

Theta Healing
          Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Ahhh - A book thread!
            I just have to join in!!

My all time favorite is "Ask and It is Given" , and I also really love the Abraham "Sara" books for children.... and the newest one "The Astonishing Power of Feelings" is great too. I'm really attracted to Abraham because of the deep love mixed with great humor!

Living With Joy by Orin chaneled by Sanaya Roman .... so very loving.

Notes From the Universe!! by Mike Dooley laughter and clear messages!

The Shift, An Awakening by John English A most unusual book about politics and myticism and the power of dreams.

The Call by Oriah Mountain Dreamer (gotta love her name!)

Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling by Wayne W. Dyer

and.... I just ordered SynchroDestiny - Deepak Chopra It's been mentioned to me twice in the last week - just like you Sharyn - it must be my next best book!

Thanks so much for this thread! The only thing better than a good book is having another good book lined up ready to read!!
            Pura Vida! Vineyard Nancy

Comment

Free-book

I was visiting Heather Macauley's website and came across this awesome free e-book called 'Children of Light'. I just finished reading it ..... WOW!! I am now going to figure out a way to get my 13yr old son to read it. If you have never heard of Heather, she produced a free Audio called 'The Silent Language of Peace' ............ I have given out many copies of this audio. Here is the link to her site A Space of Love - Heather Macauley GoTo 'free downloads' ........... L+L .. Chet

Comment

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                I was visiting Heather Macauley's website and came across this awesome free e-book called 'Children of Light'. I just finished reading it ..... WOW!! I am now going to figure out a way to get my 13yr old son to read it. If you have never heard of Heather, she produced a free Audio called 'The Silent Language of Peace' ............ I have given out many copies of this audio. Here is the link to her site A Space of Love - Heather Macauley GoTo 'free downloads' ........... L+L .. Chet
                AWESOME CHET!
                This is one of my favorite ever downloads. I have 3 - one for in the car, one at school and one by my bed for my morning journaling.

Heather is magnificent - and I'm glad you reminded me of her children's book - I'm off to upload it!
                Pura Vida! Vineyard Nancy

Comment

One of my faves , which I first read about 15 years ago, still is "You Can Have It All" by Arnold Patent.

It deals with the Universal Principles (First edition of the book is from 1984, if I am not mistaken... In any case, it's from from way, way before swarms marketer$ & a zillion $uccess coache$ kept reinventing/repackaging this 'LOA' wheel, ad nauseum/infinitum).
                  I also dig various of his books published after that one. Oh, and of course his awesome -and fr'ee- Support Group system!

Anyway, check:
                  ArnoldPatent.com

Multiple books by Stuart Wilde rock, too!
                  ETC.

Rob
                  Last edited by bliss; 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM.

• Your Subliminal Path
                  • Experience Video Subliminals

Comment

Xrumer 7.0 Elite - the best program available for broadcast on the forums !

Who has Xrumer 7.0 Elite???
                    write a private message or ICQ 19233581
                    SEO Master

Comment

I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series; Alamut, by Vladimir Bartol; The Black Prism by Brent Weeks; and finally The Rogue by Trudi Canavan. I'm catching up on my past year or so of not reading any fiction.

I'd really recommend Martin and Weeks' stuff. The pair of them write amazingly political but fantasy filled books. They are both amazing
                      Last edited by Romeo79; 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM.
                      Best Gift Guide 2011, auto tool kits
                      10 Casserole recipes

Comment

Hey, awesome website. I actually came across this on Yahoo, and I am really happy I did. I will definately be revisiting here more often. Wish I could add to the post and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. =-=

Comment

Working...
                        X