PATHS and the road to better health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATHS and the road to better health

Kevin posted a great article in the private forum for PATHS website owners. We have taken the majority of it and resposted it here:

I could write a book on this subject (If only PATHS would release a Module that created 48 hours in a day )

Here are some short notes on the subject.

The Herxheimer Reaction, or Healing Crisis applies to all types of healing, including what one experiences with PATHS.

It is NOT experienced much at all as a result of conventional or allopathic treatment of dis-ease. The reason is simple, as a rule, allopathic "treatment" is targeted at symptoms, not the actual cause of dis-ease.

PATHS is the Ultimate Natural healing process. It is your body and mind that produce the changes.

You may feel worse before you begin to feel better...

The Road To Better Health may begin with a Healing Crisis

As you move toward better health with PATHS (or many natural healing programs) and better nutrition, healing begins to occur. As part of the healing process the body will begin to discard toxic residues which have built up in your body over the years. The healing process usually does not occur without repercussions.

During the initial phase of healing, as your body begins to clean house, (detoxify) and your vital energy begins to repair and rebuild internal organs, you may experience headache, uneasiness, flu like symptoms and fatigue. It is important that you adequately rest during this time. These symptoms will pass as your body begins to normalize to a new level of health.

As you continue to improve, you may begin a process called retracing. You may feel worse before you feel better. For example, if you used to get skin rashes, the rashes may reappear or get worse for a period of time as your body eliminates toxins through the skin. You may also experience an initial increase in urination, or you may feel more nervous. In actuality, you are not getting worse, you are actually getting better. Eventually you will reach a plateau of better health.

The above is a good overview of the traditional view of the "Healing Crisis" in terms of the physical body.

HOWEVER, the principle is very similar for emotional healing/habit repatterning. The process of breaking out of a "Locked Pattern of Behavior" can produce a type of "Emotional healing crisis" which follows the same process as above, including "retracing".

This is the natural course the body and mind take in dealing with change.

Different types of PATHS Modules

This is another HUGE subject entirely. I will touch on it briefly.

There are several different types of PATHS modules.

1. Modules that are primarily biological cues. These modules "do most of the work for you" by getting your biological terrain in balance via instructions to your subconscious which then executes them. Examples would be the Change of Life, PMS and Stem Cell Modules.

2. Modules that are primarily "repatterning habits of thought". These modules simply put healthy "affirmations" directly into your subcounscous, which then bubble up into your conscious mind. (This is VERY different than affirmations that go into your conscious mind and through all your conscious filters, before possibly reaching your subconscious for future use).

With these type of Modules we have complete control over what we choose to do when these thoughts bubble up into our conscious mind. This is where we can experience a type of "emotional healing crisis" or "approach-avoidance conflict". Examples would be the...hmmm, I think all of these modules have been upgraded to the next type of module.

3. Modules that combine repatterning habits of thought or action with biological reinforcement. These modules combine healthy affirmations with "biological rewards" and/or "biological prompts". These modules contain the same as #2 above, but they also have 2 other types of instructions:

a. When you have xyz thought there is a temporary increase in production and absorption of a "feel good" hormone like serotonin or oxytocin, etc. This is a prompting, or an associative prompt to encourage the new thought pattern.

b. When you execute abc action there is a temporary increase in production and absorption of a "feel good" hormone like serotonin or oxytocin, etc. This a reward for taking abc action to encourage that action to become the "default" action in a given circumstance.

With this type of module we STILL have complete control over how we choose to think and act. These modules can introduce cognitive dissonance and we can experience a type of "emotional healing crisis" or "approach-avoidance conflict".

Examples would be Positive Attitude, Effective Communication, and Self Esteem Modules.

4. Modules that interact with the Collective, or cause your subconscious and conscious to interact with the Collective. The Murakami Model of Synchronicity Click Here to view explains this very well.

With these modules we have the choice on how to process and whether to accept and integrate new ways of thinking, believing, and acting on these beliefs. These modules are particularly prone to create cognitive dissonance and a type of healing crisis.

Examples would be Stimulate Intuition and Insight and Spiritual Enlightenment and Development Modules.

5. Modules that are a combination #2,#3 & #4 above.

With these modules we have the choice on how to process and whether to accept and integrate new ways of thinking, believing, and acting on these beliefs. These modules are particularly prone to create cognitive dissonance and a type of healing crisis.

Examples would be the Successful Living Series, Increased Business & Productivity, and Effective Goal Setting and Achievement Modules.

I trust this has shed some light on how PATHS works, and how it can create such a plethora of results.

Oh, I just thought up a saying! (or remembered it from someone else )

It is not a magic pill, it is a process.

Kevin
    Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Bumping it up!
    Kevin

PATHS For Healing
    Energetic Science Ministries
    Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Thank you. This is just what I needed to hear as I've been having a cognitive dissonance day. It is amazing to watch myself think and feel mutually exclusive things at the same time. The hardest part is learning to trust my new thoughts and feelings, to trust that they are true and not just wishful thinking. All I have to do is look back to where I was and see that I have already habituated many improvements in my personality, to realize that yes, it is real, and yes, the more hopeful, positive, empowered voice inside is the true voice of me that I should listen to.

Comment

A good review!
        Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

That was a great article...

Could you not use EFT on cognitive dissonance?

I've figured out that when I'm doing my own type of energy work, often there's two things going on -- actually changing the psychological structures, and then dealing with the results that arise from shifting things around. EFT (tapping on meridian end points) is good at dispersing emotional/physical energy, and on it's own is often enough for the person's natural healing/learning processes to kick in, but not always. So it's good for getting rid of the energy disturbance associated with trauma etc but not necessarily the beliefs that led to the traumatizing experience.

If someone is working on their own, EFT and affirmations can work well together because they are the two sides of a complete cycle -- the affirmations bring up associations and any resistance to the desired goal, and then you can use EFT to tap the resistance out. So it's like instructions: install new program then disperse energetic reactions caused by integration with existing (possibly conflicting) programs.

PATHS is obviously more sophisticated than affirmations, but I would think that EFT could be a helpful tool to reduce resistance (in the form of cognitive dissonance) as well.

Hope that made sense!

Amy

PS I think EFT is rather labour intensive so I don't use it much, but I sometimes recommend a simpler more intuitive version to clients - just tapping on about 8 points while talking about how you feel and what's occurring to you as you tap.

Comment

Originally posted by terranova View Post
            That was a great article...

Could you not use EFT on cognitive dissonance?

I've figured out that when I'm doing my own type of energy work, often there's two things going on -- actually changing the psychological structures, and then dealing with the results that arise from shifting things around. EFT (tapping on meridian end points) is good at dispersing emotional/physical energy, and on it's own is often enough for the person's natural healing/learning processes to kick in, but not always. So it's good for getting rid of the energy disturbance associated with trauma etc but not necessarily the beliefs that led to the traumatizing experience.

If someone is working on their own, EFT and affirmations can work well together because they are the two sides of a complete cycle -- the affirmations bring up associations and any resistance to the desired goal, and then you can use EFT to tap the resistance out. So it's like instructions: install new program then disperse energetic reactions caused by integration with existing (possibly conflicting) programs.

PATHS is obviously more sophisticated than affirmations, but I would think that EFT could be a helpful tool to reduce resistance (in the form of cognitive dissonance) as well.

Hope that made sense!

Amy

PS I think EFT is rather labour intensive so I don't use it much, but I sometimes recommend a simpler more intuitive version to clients - just tapping on about 8 points while talking about how you feel and what's occurring to you as you tap.
            Hi Amy,

I have spoken with individuals that have used EFT with good results in the manner you outlined. It does not work all the time, in every situation, but it can definitely help in certain situations!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

HELLO ALL.
              I would like to know which type the modules that I am currently on are? Are they all but one combination repatterning habits of thought or action with biological reinforcement?
              I am on 8 modules:
              # Successful Living Phase 2
              # Stimulate Intuition and Insight
              # Increased Energy and Motivation
              # Mood Elevation ~ Peace & Happiness
              # Trauma-Free
              # The Ultimate Body
              # Academic Super Charger
              # Unconditional Love
              www.paths4vitallife.com

Comment

For Dayna...

Hi Dayna!

I have just looked to your current list of modules and I believe each one does the following. If I am incorrect with my assessment, I am sure that Aaron or Kevin will pop in to clarify.

Stimulate Intuition and Insight: This module "interacts with the Collective, or causes your subconscious and conscious to interact with the Collective".

Mood Elevation, Ultimate Body and Academic Supercharger:

These three modules "combine repatterning habits of thought or action with biological reinforcement."

Successful Living Phase II, Increased Energy and Motivativation, Trauma Free and Unconditional Love:

These four are a combination of "types" that Kevin speaks of above. They are all modules that are "repatterning habits of thought or actions with biological reinforcement" and they also "interact with the Collective, or cause your subconscious and conscious to interact with the Collective".

As Kevin stated this IS a vast subject, but the short notes that are explained in the first post of this thread should be of great help!

With Much Love and Gratitude,

Pamela

My PATHS Website
                My Art Website
                My Paintings As Prints
                My Facebook

Comment

Bumping it up again!
                  Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

This is very important info for anyone who is using PATHS!!!
                    Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

Bumping this up!
                      Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

Working...
                      X