Audio Track on PATHS Theater Presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Track on PATHS Theater Presentation

Every now and then a Customer is viewing the PATHS Theater Presentation and hears some noise on the audio portion.

It has been described as static, fading in and out, scratchiness, and a variety of other unpleasant sounds.

This is NOT part of the audio that is being sent to your computer.

There can be several causes for this:

1. A poor internet connection that is not letting all of the audio download
    2. A poor connection from the computer to the speakers or headphones
    3. Windows and/or your audio driver is confused (memory conflicts)

If you are experiencing this, check your audio connections, and restart your computer. This will clear up any audio anamolies 99% of the time.

Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

mmm I've experienced this with every viewing.. I wonder if NZ's internet speed is to blame, our broadband is still slow by international standards, will this also affect the theatre images received etc? i.e. simply turning down the volume won't help if the images are also affected will they?
    Live, Love, Laugh and be happy!

Comment

Chris -

Do you typically have problems with all streaming media? How about non-streaming media? Have you tried logging in from a friend's system (one that's not on the same internet connection)?

Also, what kind of processor are you running and how much ram is installed? Maybe shut down some of the stuff that starts up automatically; it could be dragging your system down.

Regards -

John H.

Comment

Hi John,
        We're running pentium 2.8ghz, 512 MB of RAM at home, better at work, although we still get the occasional 'delay/pause' with streaming etc.
        Chris

Comment

Pauses, hiccups, dial-ups etc.

Hi!

As long as the Theater Presentation plays, all instructions are delivered.

Pauses, hiccups, delays, etc. will make it take longer to deliver, but will not prevent the delivery to the subconscious.

Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

Chris -

Sounds like you got your answer; it doesn't matter.

All that aside, looks like you should be on par with europe:

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I get odd stuff with some streaming media too, but my guess is it's the servers.

Your system is about double mine, so I don't think that's it and if you get the same results at work, then that probably rules out your home service provider.

JH
            Last edited by V'ger; 04-08-2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks very much!!

Comment

Working...
              X