No announcement yet.

The Benefits of Magnesium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI guys ... The health benefits of magnesium are very important and often go undiscussed. Magnesium is an extremely vital mineral and enzyme catalyst in the body. It is necessary for the utilization of carbohydrates, fats, protein, calcium, phosphorus and potassium... Thanks
    spokane fitness clubs

Comment

Clint Ober - earthing

Anyone tried the Earthing products? I just ordered the starter kit.
      I am very healthy, but wake at 2-3AM almost every day and am hoping this will help me sleep longer - Thanks for all of the good information !

Comment

The normal range for magnesium is set too low...both the bottom of the "normal" range and the top. The vast majority of the US population is truly magnesium deficient.

Ideally, getting a test called RBC or erthryocyte magnesium, will give you an idea of what is really getting to your cells (same goes for potassium). However, serum measurements are fairly good numbers to go on but you need to look at optimal, not normal. For those of you outside the US, I apologize in advance as I have no idea how to convert to your units of measurement.

First of all, the key is getting a doc to test magnesium. When a comprehensive metabolic profile is ordered, magnesium has to be added to it separately and almost never is. Everything I say from here on is aimed at someone with normal kidney function. It is almost impossible to overdose on oral magnesium because you will have massive diarrhea before you absorb enough to become toxic. If there are kidney problems or Addison's disease, that may no longer hold true.

The typical "normal" range for Mg++ is about 1.7 to 2.2mg/dL. A level of 1.7 is woefully inadequate. Optimal Mg levels are probably about 2.2 to 2.8. Symptoms of toxicity don't appear until at least 3.5. So, magnesium is extremely safe to supplement for most people. You simply titrate to bowel tolerance. Keep adding one tablet/capsule/day until you have diarrhea, then back off to the level that doesn't cause diarrhea. As your body becomes less deficient in Mg, the amount that causes diarrhea will decrease.

It is important to avoid Magnesium oxide or magnesium carbonate. These are highly irritating to the GI tract and will cause diarrhea before much actual Mg is absorbed. Mag citrate and glycinate are just a couple of examples or organic salts that are much more readily absorbed. Soaking in Epsom salts is also a good way to supplement Mg. Then there is Magnesium oil, which isn't really oil but super saturated magnesium chloride...this is intended to be applied topically. Epsom salts and magnesium oil will not irritate the GI tract and are good options if you have problems with loose bowels.

I look at Magnesium as almost a miracle supplement and one I wouldn't be without.

Comment

Thanks for sharing such a nice things. I couldn't read to whole ones
          but I got the idea. thanks again.
          Clarkston Personal Training

Comment

that's why I enjoy taking an Epson salt bath, so that I can relax and it and let the magnesium soak into my body....pure heaven lol

Comment

Hello everybody,

Magnesium is a mineral that is crucial to the body. It helps to keep blood pressure normal, bone strong in body and heart rythm steady.It is proved that eating foods and other minerals help to prevent high blood pressure in people.

Thanks and regards
              Ademola Okubena

Comment

Working...
              X