Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Five Tibetan Rites, AKA Tibetan Yoga

Greetings all,

I felt inspired to share this with you, as perhaps some of you will enjoy it as an entry point if you are looking to regain fitness, and others may just find it a quick and easy practice.

I'll list below several links that give you the basics on how to do this.

The 5 Tibetan Rites are moves/yoga postures, that quickly address the primary energy centers (nadis) of the body. They are reasonably doable for the most part, but also can be challenging. They are done in sequence, with the number of reps increasing over time. Initially, one can complete the daily practice in under 5 minutes (remind you of something else? ).

I have been doing this on and off for well over 10 years, and always seem to come back to it after a sluggish, out of shape period. I have also practiced Hatha yoga in a class setting as well as using DVDs and other guided sessions. But the 5 Tibetans seem to capture the essence of a quick, simple routine, that enhance my overall sense of well-being very effectively.

There are 2 books on this that I have personally read (The Five Tibetans and The Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth), which are nice to have but don't really give all that much more detailed practical info than what you will read on-line. If this interests you, I highly recommend you find the presentation that you like best, and give it a try.

Here are the links:

Over the past year, I've been in one of the most SLUG-like phases of my life, physically. Since starting on PATHS, The renewed energy and urge to move has gotten me taking long walks, practicing the 5 Rites, and anticipating getting my bike out and tuned up. I've also tremendously enjoyed the physical movement in cleaning, yardwork, and generally dancing around my house in an aerobic fashion. Now, after practicing these moves daily for about 3-4 weeks again, I am feeling much more limber and less achey than I had been. It's a wonderful thing.

I'd love to know your comments if you decide to try it out. Has anyone else done this before?

Love,
    Joy
    Follow your path to joy!

Originally posted by Joy View Post
    generally dancing around my house in an aerobic fashion.
    Heehee. Me too Joy, me too. I've been cranking up the stereo and am doubly blessed because I have no neighbors at the moment! The house next door is empty so I've been rocking with the windows open and fresh air and enjoying *very* loud music and dancing with the dog.

Thanks for these links. I can't wait to try this out. I also enjoy yoga classes, but this will be great to add for those in-between times.

Comment

Awesome, Jamie! That quote, "Dance like nobody's watching" always comes to me, 'cuz that's what I do!

Glad this looks appealing - looking forward to your thoughts after you check it out.

Love,
      Joy
      Follow your path to joy!

Comment

Tibetian Rites Reminder

Hi Joy,
        Thanks for the post. I have the books you mentioned and had practised the rites years ago - your post reminded about them again - I am going to take a look at the links as well.
        It is always so cool when we find out we already have what we need right at our finger tips and we find so much in common among our great PATHS friends. Will keep you posted.
        Have a wonderful, glorious day!!

Jamie,
        I can see you now dancing up a storm - fun, fun, fun to have a joyous heart.

Love,
        Moxie
        Love, Light, Gratitude & Joy
        CeCee

My Mystic PATHS Website
        Word Whisperer
        My Squidoo Lens - ThetaHealing, Reiki,

Comment

Hi Moxie,

Dancing is great, and skipping is good, too!

I'm glad to know another who has enjoyed this - honestly, I was surprised to see so many different web sites teaching it, but that's a good thing! Like EFT, free to learn. And so simple.

Enjoy!

Love,
          Joy
          Follow your path to joy!

Comment

Hi again, Joy

I was excited to see all the sites you found. I wondered why I never bothered looking before Duh!
            Again thanks.
            Love,
            Moxie
            Love, Light, Gratitude & Joy
            CeCee

My Mystic PATHS Website
            Word Whisperer
            My Squidoo Lens - ThetaHealing, Reiki,

Comment

Love them!!

Hi Joy,

When my son was born (he is now 16) I attracted the book into my life! I found the 5 rites exceptional.

Not more than three weeks ago I lent the book to my good Friend Susan. She loves them too. Very simple and quick.

I am very happy you posted about them here!
              IMMENSE LOVE AND GRATITUDE ~ GRACE

Linktr.ee/gracehaeusler

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                I have been doing this on and off for well over 10 years, and always seem to come back to it after a sluggish, out of shape period.
                Yes yes, me me, too too! I have been doing it on and off for several years - admittedly more "off" than "on" and I never seem to manage to get past the 11 repetition mark, no matter how hard I try. I have been trying for years to find a group of like-minded people, but nobody I knew had ever heard of it, or was willing to give it a try. So reading your post here, Joy, felt like a long-held prayer had finally been answered! (And I'm not even religious!)

The Rites work. I don't know how, and I don't care to know. All I can say is they work. I urge everyone to give them a try. Just remember to start slowly and keep increasing the reps sloooowly. Like many people, I feel a sudden burst of energy and well-being around the fourth day after starting the Rites - that's how I know it's working. Don't be surprised if the same thing happens to you.

Let's keep at it this time! We can encourage each other here.

Comment

Grace & Rin! Yay! I'm so happy that you both know and recommend the 5 Rites!

I've always been amazed at how quickly I can see greater vitality, flexiblity and ease of movement when I do them regularly... I think I get to feeling so good that I feel as though I no longer need them eventually.

Yes, I do believe that our mutual enthusiasm will aid us all. In fact, I need to go do them now!

Visualize a spinning smilie here: _____

Love,
                  Joy
                  Follow your path to joy!

Comment

Me Too

Thank you for posting the links Joy! I've never heard of the 5 rites before but they look really interesting.

In fact they look like my type of exercise, maximum gain for minimum time!
                    Anything that can get me motivated to exercise & stay motivated will be a small miracle.

I'm going to start them tomorrow morning. Perhaps we can start a virtual exercise group!

Hmm, numero 4 looks a little tricky, Grace don't be surprised if you hear me hollerin' out for some of your magical CEM after I've tried this one out!

Love & Abundance,
                    Sharyn
                    Theta Healing
                    Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

Dear joy, Thank's so much for posting the links to the 5 Rites. I pratice Tai Chi everyday and I think this will make a great addition to my workout. I love how things always seem to fall into my lap just when I need them. My life has gotten so much better since being on the "Path".
                      Peace, Bob

Comment

Hi Sharyn & Bob!

Wow, I'm delighted!

It makes me so happy to know that sharing those links was a good idea.

Sharyn, I do find pose #4 very challenging... in fact at this moment, my version of #4 is more like a lumpy hassock than a table-top! But, I just keep on doing it the best I can, and week by week it gets better and easier. That is one of the great aspects of this - progress is quite noticable.

Bob, I love that you mentioned your Tai Chi practice, and i'm glad this will compliment it. I have always been interested in Tai Chi, so would welcome your further comments.

Have fun! If your dog licks your face when you do #5, it's good luck!

Love,
                        Joy
                        Follow your path to joy!

Comment

I Started

Hi Joy,

Well I started the exercises today. I whirligigged myself round & round, exercises 2 & 3 - no problemo! Exercises 4 & 5 definitely need work! I thought that I had pulled a shoulder muscle for a while after trying No 4, but all is well.

My main problem was that I was running from my office which houses my computer (which I share with my husband) whilst trying to memorise how to do the exercises, down to my bedroom to gain some privacy, (no way was I going to perform my antics looking like a beached whale in front of an audience) & back again to the computer to find out how the next exercise went. Hopefully after a few days I will have them firmly engrained in my memory & I will get the hang of 4 & 5 & be able to strike a more elegant pose.

Thanks Again for posting,

Love & Abundance,

Sharyn
                          Theta Healing
                          Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

Working...
                          X