Raw Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Milk

Anyone consuming raw milk from healthy free range, grass feed cows, goats?

I've been reading about it and watching youtube videos for a while about how good raw milk is for our bodies. I live in a state where raw milk is "illegal", so I may be purchasing me a goat here in a little while. First though I'm gonna ask a few people around here that may still be milking a cow for themselves.

But I've heard many times how milk is very similar to blood. "And quoting from George Cheyne, he wrote, "Milk and sweet sound blood differ in nothing but color: milk is blood." "
    and here's another tid-bit from this page.
    "To cure disease we should seek to improve elimination, to make better blood and more blood, to build up the body resistance. The method used tends to accomplish these things. Blood conditions rapidly improve and the general condition and resistance is built up and recovery follows. In several instances, Osler (Principles and Practices of Medicine, by William Osler, MD eighth edition) speaks of milk as being nothing more than white blood. Milk resembles blood closely and is a useful agent for improving and making new and better blood. Blood is the chief agent of metabolism. Milk is recognized in medical literature almost exclusively as a useful food and is admitted to be a complete food." Here's a link to that page with that information. Milk Cures It's basically a page describing how raw milk was used to treat some certain illnesses.

I've also read how it has the main amino acids that our bodies use to make ourselves. It has the essential eight and with the essential eight our body is able to produce the rest of em. The ones that are called essential are named so because we need to get em from our enviroment, then the remaining are made from the essential eight. "Our bodies use amino acids as building blocks for protein. Depending on who you ask, we need 20-22 of them for this task. Eight of them are considered essential, in that we have to get them from our food. The remaining 12-14 we can make from the first eight via complex metabolic pathways in our cells."
    Here's a link to this page. A Brief Overview Of The Health Benefits Of Raw Milk

I suppose I just wanted to share and learn from those that are consuming raw milk. I've yet to find a source but I will soon. And I wanted to share info for all to learn from so we can all one day go to our source of food and be able to consume living foods that support our bodies natural abilities. The more we all learn the more options we'll have to generate a civilization that promotes life.
    If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

I have a 1/2 herd share which entitles me to a 1/2 gallon of raw milk per week. Since I've only had it for a few months, the thing that I've noticed is that I don't have any intestinal distress/bloat after I consume raw milk. All the enzymes present in raw milk are in their natural conformation and that's why it's more digestible than pasteurized milk whose enzymes are denatured during the pasteurization process.

It's illegal to sell raw milk in Tennessee as well, although in 2005 Tennesseans for Raw Milk tried to convince lawmakers to legalize it. It was unsuccessful, but herd shares or cow (and goat) boarding was legalized in 2009. Cow Boarding is legal in Tennessee

Wantfreeenergy--to locate sources of raw milk, click here or contact a local chapter of Weston A. Price Foundation.
    If you do decide to buy a goat and you need advice in selecting a breed, caring for it, etc...BackYardHerds Forum can help you.

Have you thought about raising chickens too?

Comment

milk

I'd rather not think about the blood analogy lol

Staph is the only risk with raw milk I know of.

There are concerns with pasteurization and homogenization too.

Heating the milk kills many of the enzymes like what Athena
      mentions. BUT ALSO, it kills many of the good sugars.
      I can't recall what is in milk but good sugars like galactomannan
      and similar good sugars (see glucobiology) are good for you.
      They help build the myelin sheaths that coat the nerves,
      etc... all destroyed by heating.

Also homogenization - normal milk is one of the leading causes
      of heart disease. When you take large fats and pulverize them
      into small pieces, you get the low density lipids that can clog
      your arteries, etc...

I don't drink raw milk but I drink organic milk like Organic Valley and
      they do have a non-homogenized one so the cream does rise and
      clog the spout but that is fine with me - I like the real thing!

It is homogenized but at least no added chemicals.

I drink maybe 1-3 glasses of milk a month - and there is always
      the controversy that humans are the only ones after infancy that
      drink milk and another animals at that! Anyway, to each their own.

I like good creamy real milk taste. I get most of my dairy through
      cheese - I LOVE good cheeses and I love good organic yummy
      ice cream!
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
        Have you thought about raising chickens too?
        Actually yes, it's kinda funny you mention it. I bought some lumber to build me a chicken tractor that'll hold 4-5 large laying hens. I haven't put it together yet. But soon I will. Actually this is the one I plan to build. Catawba ConvertiCoops offers chicken coop plans, kits, and coops

The cow share program sounds interesting. The only reason I've been considering a goat was because I wouldn't consume all the milk a cow would give. I don't need a lot and I can only eat so much cream and cheese. But if I did a cow share then I could find someone else that may want it. That would be neat.

I was checking on the Weston A. Price site and the closest ones near me were a three hour drive one way. But I did notice that some of em were mentioning cow share. So it may be something for me to look into so I can provide others with wholesome milk.

I was also considering getting some kefir grains once I located some quality milk. I've been reading some good things about kefir for the past four-five months. Also I wanted to put in this quote about kefir, For generations, the people from Caucasus give kefir to newborns as a substitute or addition to mother's milk, they also drink pure glacial water; breath unpolluted air, eats living foods and thickened kefir as bread or dessert. Their verified life span in a full physical and mental acuity, lies between 110 - 140 years (the last is not a rare occurrence), they have no cavities, they are free of diabetes, prostate, tuberculosis, digestive disorders, cancers and other common diseases of our highly evolved society. Clearly, prevention and living food is the best thing for health and longevity. That's from this site here; Kefir Manual The very last paragraph on that page.

I also recall reading about some of the people Weston A. Price studied which sounds just like this.

Comment

mother's milk

There is only one milk that is good for your body -- from your mother and only until you were no more than 7 years young.
          When you drink milk from other mother, human or animal, and especially if you are an adult, you program your body bones to last shorter and withstand less pressure. Same goes with the body organs and the nerves system. Milk is a strong programing factor. It can be override with your mind, but needs intense visualization.

BTW, in nature only man regularly drinks milk from other mother and even worst, from other spices. And, actually, most of the white liquid is not milk, it is a chemical compound made of milk. From chemical point of view, it differs from milk like water and beer.

In some cases, this concerns also other substances, milk can be used for healing, but his is another long story.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            and there is always
            the controversy that humans are the only ones after infancy that
            drink milk and another animals at that! Anyway, to each their own.
            I know exactly what you mean. It's so difficult to find truth in a world full of conflicting opinions and studies. Many times I've considered ordering the TRV course simply so I can figure out what is the best diet to consume. "I don't know if one can use TRV in such a fashion or not though." Yet I believe if I understood the process and practiced enough I could figure out a way to channel the information to me that would lead me to the proper diet.

I hear things like meat is bad for you. Then I hear meat is good for you especially raw organ meats. And honey is bad, honey is good. Garlic is bad for a psychic mind, garlic is good for the body. And on and on it goes.

I do know that if one consumes the proper things then we have the ability to nourish our bodies to live for a very extended period of time. A length of time that most have a hard time to fathom. Yet I also have the feeling that diet will take us so far. After diet one needs "oneness" to proceed. I do know though that if you raise the vibration of the physical by eating nourishing foods then the vibration of the non-physical, "or at least as we understand to be non-physical", will also rise in vibration. "preaching to the choir, I know, but I just can't help myself. I just seem to enjoy to rant somtimes." LOL This is why I wanna learn TRV to see if it'll help me learn to find what is best for the body. Do you think I could use TRV in this fashion. I wanna learn to flex my psychic mind to find answers to questions I have.

Comment

Raw milk

I grew up drinking raw milk only since the age of 1. My stomach couldn't handle "store" milk and I cannot drink that staff. Beside, I don't consider 3.25% a milk! I don't know what they do to the commercial "version" of this dairy product beside pasteurization but sure my guts don't like it.
              I use to raise goats and their milk is excellent. It has a stronger flavor than a cow milk but despite higher butterfat content (especially Nubian breed) their milk is much easier to digest than a cow milk. Another important thing is that goat milk can be consumed by people with lactose intolerance. What you may try is to keep your bucks separate from the nannies. I found that milk may get stronger flavor when bucks are pastured along with nannies. There are other benefits as well; my lawn was perfectly trimmed, even in the areas where I couldn't get my lawnmower and goat manure is an excellent for all your gardening needs. I was selling a few young kids (I'm still talking goats ) which paid for grain and extra hay for the winter. One nanny can supply a Qt of milk per day easily, which was enough for our 1yr old daughter. We never bought any formulas or artificial substitutes for her neither any milk for the rest of family.
              Beside a little labor involved the entire "operation" was self sufficient and by the end of year my financial balance was positive, meaning I didn't spent any money Few years later I use to buy couple pails of raw cow milk to make a white cheese and butter - just the way I remember from my childhood

Vtech
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Actually yes, it's kinda funny you mention it. I bought some lumber to build me a chicken tractor that'll hold 4-5 large laying hens. I haven't put it together yet. But soon I will. Actually this is the one I plan to build. Catawba ConvertiCoops offers chicken coop plans, kits, and coops
                I had a feeling that you would, which is why I asked.
                Our first coop had to be put up quickly so I ordered a DIY Victorian playhouse kit, which at that time, nobody had coop kits or plans. These kits are fantastic! Everything is cut out and assembled into panels which you screw together, paint, and shingle the roof. Chicken Coops - Coop Kits - Building a Chicken Coop When I ordered the kit, I told the company how I planned to use it and they should consider selling coop kits.

Since you want a small flock, consider ordering sexed chicks from My Pet Chicken if you can't get pullets from a feed store.

If you have chicken-related chicken questions, I'll be glad to help. Other people know me as "Hencackle" on the chicken forums. I have 2 coops, 2 tractors, 20 chickens, and a brand new incubator on the way! Sorry to get off topic.

Here is an excellent kefir link for you to bookmark. Dom's About Kefir in-site You can use coconut milk or almond milk to make kefir as well, but the kefir grains will need to be refreshed in milk. Then, there's the water kefir grains to lactoferment sugar water or juice--so, you can still enjoy the benefits of kefir without having access to raw dairy. Don't forget kombucha either. Right now, I'm trying to start my own kombucha mushroom aka Scoby, but I think I might just order a new one.
                Cultures for health
                How To Grow A Kombucha SCOBY | Food Renegade

his is why I wanna learn TRV to see if it'll help me learn to find what is best for the body. Do you think I could use TRV in this fashion. I wanna learn to flex my psychic mind to find answers to questions I have.
                Using a pendulum is quicker.

Comment

Muscle Testing you can Trust - Gaged & Scientific with 12 years of Reliable Results - JSI Institute

Hello. Wantfreeenergy here is a link to a muscle testing course and device that I have found to be very accurate. It is easy to learn and you can use it for diet, nutrition, and anything else you can think of to test.

I have several friends who drive to another state to get thier raw milk. They swear by it. It doesnt cause the digestive problems that pasturised milk does.

Diet is such an emotional issue for most people and we are bombarded on a daily basis with conflicting information. I believe if we are eating the foods that we believe will keep us healthy then we will be healthy even if some expert comes along and says it's not healthy. Many times I have listened to personal trainers at the gym I go to tell me I need to eat meat to be healthy and maximise the benifit of working out. I have been a vegetarian my entire life. I believe I can be a vegetarian and be perfectly healthy and so I am. I have also watched as life long meat eaters tried going vegetarian and got weak and sickly.

Any how thats my two cents. Mark.

Comment

Many good reasons to NOT drink cow or even goat milk as some have mentioned. I haven't had any for over 20 years. The only good reason to drink it I know of is for the quality calcium in it. But other factors override that for me and there are other good sources for calcium.
                    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Wow, fun debate here!

It sure must be lotsa fun to have a goatie around! Unfortunately a little out of reach for someone living in a tiny 2-bedroom flat in da inner big city!

Anyways, milk, well that's interesting. According to Indian people (from India) and Ayurveda milk is actually very beneficial for all sorts of reasons. They don't drink it straight from the fridge though, they say that for milk to be beneficial it should be heated and drunk at least warm, with lots of spices in it like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, etc. And if you add a little dollop of ghee that's even better, ghee helps to moisturise you inside and keep the moisture in, you know so ya don't get dried up inside heehee! I s'pose you could find organic ghee, I can't find any ghee of any sort round here but you can make your own.

They also say yogis drink bucketfulls of milk and that helps to keep them youthful and flexible. But I suppose traditionally in India centuries ago milk wouldn't've been pasteurized and homogenized and whatever.

I used to live in a little town (boring little town I might add!) but even though it was boring it had a few good things and one of them was a farm where you could go and buy fresh raw milk and eggs. So maybe if you're looking for a source of raw milk you might try searching out local farms that will sell it to people privately.

I've been trying to go vegan lately, because of the hormones in milk and because cows are locked up. But I couldn't find any good milk substitutes around here, well I know people can make their own almond milk and soy milk and stuff, but who has time??? So I've been getting ecological milk and goat's milk. All pasteurized however. Not really as tasty as the raw milk we used to get in the boring little town. Not creamy either!

And mummy milk? Well it's my little kid's favourite drink and he's 6! Just ask HIM what's the best beverage in the world. Now he likes milk from any source he likes that yucky chocolate milk that they sell ready-made in stores and he likes milk with cocoa powder dissolved in it made at home and he likes ice-cream too. But he LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES mummy milk! He likes it more than anything else in the world.

Now kefir, that's nice. I used to have kefir. It does get to be a bit of a hassle cultivating it especially when it gets really big and starts to consume enormous quantities of milk! Of course that's a good time I suppose to go out and start looking for other people who want kefir so you can give a little bit to them. I don't do kefir anymore, it's just too much bother to have to remember to drain your kefir everyday and drink it up because if you don't it's gonna go bad. And what happens the day you don't feel like drinking kefir? And as it gets bigger and bigger it produces more and more kefir all the time, in the end you pretty much have to guzzle LITRES of that stuff every day in order to keep up with the production!

Recently one of the oldest people in Spain died, she was like about 114 years old. Heavens I can't imagine trying to drag around in life for so long! She was quite a happy person however, when they asked her for her secret to longevity she said it was eating crispy bacon every day. She LOVED crispy bacon and had it every day! She certainly didn't suscribe to all the hoolabaloo going on these days as to whether meat is good or if it has pesticides or hormones or whatever. I guess the secret is to eat what you love, because you love it that cancels out whatever yuckies might be in the food. And also I guess what you BELIEVE will affect how the food affects you more than anything else, if you believe it's bad for you it WILL BE bad for ya!
                      Psychic Empowerment for Spiritual Growth: http://www.seasofmintaka.com/
                      Soul Realignment, Intuitive Healing, Natural Cosmetics, Travel, Walks in the Country and Just Some Good All-Round Blogging: http://theseasofmintaka.com/

Comment

electrically conductive calcium

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                        the quality calcium in it.
                        The protein encapsulated calcium is extremely absorbable and very
                        electrically conductive.

John Kitkoski was one of the most brilliant people that ever contributed
                        to natural health. He actually had some biochemistry books at the local
                        college changed because the content he pointed out the errors and said
                        "that isn't chemistry" - one of most persistent and stubborn men alive,
                        but a pure genius that knew basically every known biochemical pathway
                        in the body like the back of his hand! Probably the only one that ever has
                        (without having to refer to charts).

John Kitkoski's Life Balances Program: Home Page

Anyway, he died a while back but lived right here.

He has electrolytes that are so charged (from a proprietary vortex
                        technology) that - if you unscrew the lid and get some on your finger
                        and separate the cap, oftentimes, it would give you a shock! I'm not
                        kidding.

He wanted the two cap fulls added to whole milk because it was completely
                        balanced with that "protein encapsulated" calcium that is very conductive.
                        It is actually kind of weird because the electrolytes on their own without
                        milk and put just in water actually tasted almost like warm milk.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

The muscle testing is something that's piqued my interest for a while. I may have to do some more learning about it.

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                          Right now, I'm trying to start my own kombucha mushroom aka Scoby, but I think I might just order a new one.

Using a pendulum is quicker.
                          Check out the thread I started about kombucha. I just added a second post so now it'll take three days to read through. LOL I may have responded as to why your brew takes so long, fourth paragraph second post. I suppose I'm just assuming that your brew is taking a while like mine did from the one I started using a store bought bottle. I really like the idea for using the pendulum too. I'm still kinda amazed I don't use one. I've used dowsing rods before but not a pendulum yet. And the kefir site is amazing, I hadn't seen that one, so much good info. While I was on a juice cleanse a bit over a week ago I kept checking out his kefir cheese recipes and would just lick my lips. LOL Also I really like the idea to use kefir like Dom states to make fermented vegetables. I have a batch of kimchi in my fridge from a recipe in NT that is so dang salty that I'm gonna need to rinse it before I can eat it. So I'm definately looking forward to using kefir instead of salt. I've also wondered about using kombucha to ferment vegetables.

I also recall reading that the Bedouin tribes would milk their camels and give it to their arabian horses. At least that's what the ones that had wealth would do. Cus they had to have the camels too. They would milk the camels and put it in a dish or huge earth tub and then put dates on top the milk. I've seen a youtube video of a wealthy man following that practice and there were like 6 or more horses drinking the milk and eating dates. Possibly more horses cus the earthen tub was very large and they just kept putting the dates on top while the horses were drinking. mmmm dates. LOL

John Kitkoski sounds interesting. It sounds like to me that those electrolytes would be very effective at their intention. I don't know much about electrolytes and such, I hear em talked about often though. I just opened a search to learn more. But to just imagine that one could consume something like this that could have such a profound impact. Cus to me it seems that the more charged the electrolyte the more it'll help the body come in tune. It sounds pretty neat, as if one could actually charge their milk with energy. And it makes me laugh a bit to think of the possibility of getting a little zap everytime you take a sip of milk. This story causes me to remember a powerful hands on healer that has a video on youtube. The people being healed would actually feel an electric shock. They were even able to measure it on an ammeter.

I just read a little more about electrolytes and it causes me to wonder about the work Robert O. Becker did. In his book The Body Electric he speaks about how he was regrowing limbs on various "subjects" using electric current. Just neat to think of the correlation of someone using electrolytes to regrow a missing peice of their body, wether it's a limb or even an organ.
                          Last edited by wantfreeenergy; 02-14-2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check out your kombucha thread! I agree, the NT recipe is salty. You can still get good results if you cut back on the salt--I have a couple of jars of sauerkraut in the refrigerator that turned out just fine.

Believe it or not, I got a pair of dowsing rods off Ebay, which arrived in yesterday's mail. Unfortunately, no instructions were included. Do you give lessons? I think I will stick to using a pendulum.

A couple more links for you.
                            A Mini-Course in Dowsing
                            Kinesiology Testing @ Perelandra

Comment

John Kitkoski

Originally posted by wantfreeenergy View Post
                              John Kitkoski sounds interesting. It sounds like to me that those electrolytes would be very effective at their intention. I don't know much about electrolytes and such, I hear em talked about often though. I just opened a search to learn more. But to just imagine that one could consume something like this that could have such a profound impact. Cus to me it seems that the more charged the electrolyte the more it'll help the body come in tune. It sounds pretty neat, as if one could actually charge their milk with energy. And it makes me laugh a bit to think of the possibility of getting a little zap everytime you take a sip of milk. This story causes me to remember a powerful hands on healer that has a video on youtube. The people being healed would actually feel an electric shock. They were even able to measure it on an ammeter.

I just read a little more about electrolytes and it causes me to wonder about the work Robert O. Becker did. In his book The Body Electric he speaks about how he was regrowing limbs on various "subjects" using electric current. Just neat to think of the correlation of someone using electrolytes to regrow a missing peice of their body, wether it's a limb or even an organ.
                              Well the zap from the electrolytes only happened when dealing with the
                              electrolyte bottle and opening the cap. This happened to me several times
                              and at first I thought my friend Rodger was joking when he first asked me
                              if I got shocked - until it happened at a Dr.'s office I worked at.

That healer I think you might be referring to the "Magus of Java".

Kitkoski could regenerate spinal columns in animals.

He was in a tractor accident, bent over backwards so the back of his
                              head was touching his heels practically. Doctors of course said he would
                              never walk. He started studying medicine, biology, anatomy, chemistry,
                              etc... and kept bothering the doctors for information, etc.. finally they
                              all gave in and started to go along with some of his requests. He walked
                              out of the hospital - he figured out how to regenerate beyond what the
                              doctors understood by the time he left. He never had a degree in anything
                              that I know of but took so many classes of conventional info that he
                              nearly had the equivalent to 5 PhD's + knowledge that isn't available in
                              school.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                              X