Osteoarthritis Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osteoarthritis Help please

Hi, My Wife has progressive osteoarthritis. So far she has undergone having both shoulders operated on within the last two years and has neck degenerative disc disease also causing aches and pains down her left arm. I experimented with a "Lee Crock" device i built myself a few years ago, but I'm not certain if it is that effective now.
    I'm a retired electronics engineer so electronic devices pose no problem for me to put together. Can anybody here offer suggestions of which they know from personal experience would give her some relief, electronic or otherwise.

Thanks in advance Dupe

Originally posted by Dupe View Post
    Hi, My Wife has progressive osteoarthritis. So far she has undergone having both shoulders operated on within the last two years and has neck degenerative disc disease also causing aches and pains down her left arm. I experimented with a "Lee Crock" device i built myself a few years ago, but I'm not certain if it is that effective now.
    I'm a retired electronics engineer so electronic devices pose no problem for me to put together. Can anybody here offer suggestions of which they know from personal experience would give her some relief, electronic or otherwise.

Thanks in advance Dupe
    Hello Dupe,

I'm not MD and my suggestion isn't based on personal experience with osteoarthritis. As you probably know this condition is due to degeneration and partial loss of cartilage - a cushion build of proteins which protects both parts of joint. I faintly remember one study which concluded that vit D can slow down such breakdown. I'm aware of ultrasound physiotherapy as well.
    From my background and recent work I would try Red Light Therapy, which is low intensity 660nm light, pulsed with square wave. They use this in EU and some military hospitals as well as veterinary hospitals with good results. There are different pulse rates which can be tried.
    TENS microcurrent unit will bring some relief from pain, without causing any side effects. This isn't cure but will substitute Tylenol or other pain killers.
    I have couple more ideas which I would try on myself but can't guarantee how efficient they may be in such case. I sincerely wish I could give you more precise answer and values of components to be used. While there are ways of using electrotherapy to reduce discomfort and inflammation I'm not certain what can be done to regenerate or help to regrow cartilage. Possibly, it may be matter of certain diet/supplement but it will depend on % of damage already done.
    For more information about the above suggestion you can contact me at nvtronics.org

Regards
    Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Osteoarthritis Help

blackchisel97

Many thanks for your informative reply. I have a pulsed red LED module I put together a while back, so will experiment with that. Thanks also for the link I'll take a look over there. Kind Regards Dupe

Comment

Hi,

Might try Kombucha tea. It's kind of a fad now but it can be pretty powerful I think if you drink a few glasses a day for a few weeks or months. I seem to remember that it can be good for arthritis. I like this site:

kombu.de

Also I like this site, it has some info about arthritis, it's mainly a nutrition and vitamin based site:

DoctorYourself.com: Andrew W. Saul's Natural Health Website

Hope it helps,

Mike

Comment

Osteoarthritis Help

Hi Mike, Lots of info to look over on that link. Passed it over for my Wife to browse through. Thanks...kind regards Dupe

Comment

Osteoarthritis is a kind of joint disease caused by eventual loss of cartilage.My aunt has similar problem because of aging her cartilages are weaken.Treatment of Osteoarthritis begin with eliminating risk factors,early diagnosis and on time treatment.
            Get more detail and treatment here
            click here to get best treatment.

Comment

I have had tendinosis for nearly a year and I have tried and toiled for dozens of hours and researched with little to show for it. Then I found Martin's email series and started the rehab program but eventually dropped it because It was boring and a ton of work. Then his book came out and I took another shot at it, and sure it is still a lot of work but the book makes is infinitely better. In the emails I didn't quite understand what the exercises were for and why I had to do them, but the book really explains everything very well and goes into great detail on how and WHY I have to do the exercises. So instead of doing exercises like lateral leg lifts because Martin told me to do it, I do lateral leg lifts because I learned and understand from his book that this exercise strengthens my glutes and helps me stabilizes my lower body which is must more interesting and helps me get the most out of the exercises. I am also more aware of my mechanical efficiency and joint alignment during the day which in itself has helped a great deal. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone suffering from knee pain like tendinitis or anyone looking to protect their knees.

Comment

Just had diathermy 5 minutes on each leg for 2 weeks and the swelling was gone
                The doctor gave plenty of food supplements and none for medication
                Gingko biloba borage oil gel B1 B6 B12 vitamins lipinol just concentrate on the cartilege recovery or regeneration

one thumb sized ginger juice extract boiled in 1'2 glass water plus apple juice removed the pain quickly

hope this help DMSO is a good pain reliever and supplements can be passed down to the blood stream via skin and DMSO applied

Comment

Turmeric is a supplement you can get from a healthfood store offers relief and can help the healing process. Also homemade chicken broth regularly or taking geletin as a supplement. This helps rebuild joint and bone tissue. Info can be found about turmeric at GreenMedInfo | Alternative Medicine | Vitamin Research | Natural and do a search. It works better when mixed with pepper which can be found already combined.
                  Real products that activate dormant spiritual abilities

Comment

Boron is a known remedy for osteoporosis and arthritis...

Borax can be bathed in, and ingested in small amounts...1/8 tsp or 1/4 tsp per liter of water. Boron reduces mold and yeast. It binds with fluoride in the body encouraging its elimination. Fluoride helps give us osteoporosis. Search for the terms...borax boric acid boron yeast mold...., or.....borax boric acid boron osteoporosis....., or.....osteoarthritis borax boric acid boron.......on the internet. A lot has been said on these subjects.

Comment

For what it's worth, osteoarthritis is a primary manifestation of gluten intolerance. Wheat has been so hybridized since the 1960s, giving it a much, much higher gluten content (gluten makes bread spongy). Problem is that gluten is very difficult to digest, and in many people, it provokes an autoimmune response. Your wife's problem may not have anything to do with gluten, but people going off gluten often have diminished arthritic symptoms and joint pain (I did).
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X