X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Polar Shift?

Hey everyone,

Timeline2012 Videos

I had this link above sent to me. The video has certainly changed my perception as to what may be possible in the near future, largly based on evidence of what has happened in the past.

I was hoping to find some insight if anyone else here has heard of this galactic alignment theory. I personally have been brushing off 2012 just as though it were another Y2K scare. But, if there is truth behind the evidence presented in the above video, now would be the time to get prepared for it.

Please check out the above link, it has 16 youtube clips (which is about 2.5 hours) of a theory based on glactic alignment which is supposed to occur on earth in the year 2012.

Is a polar shift really possible?
    Has it really shifted 23 degrees since ancient times?
    If the ice age is a pattern what would trigger the cycle?

North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux

The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831. Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year.

In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year.

A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North.

p.s. That is National Georgraphic and not the National Enquirer
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

The subject of 2012 is on my list to TRV this year.

It's getting pretty close.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
      Energetic Science Ministries
      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Polar shift

Hi Nadda;

Good info. from NASA on polar shift and reversal;

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field

PBS had a great program a couple of years ago with the 2 scientists who discovered the magnetic evidence in the minerals in the rocks. It absolutely has happened in the past and will again, but don't worry too much. It takes place gradually over a couple of thousand years and we do not lose our magnetic field, it just shifts around.

Al
        Last edited by ANTIQUER; 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM. Reason: added info.
        Antiquer

Comment

Antiquer
          I couldn't access your link, page not found error, so forgive my ignorance.
          Does the polar shift reach a critical mass and then suddenly reverse ie the earths core flips 180 degrees and north becomes south ?
          I can't remember where I heard it but someone has presented a good case for it and it would wipe most of us out if it did happen.

Comment

[QUOTE=HiggsBoson;87453]Antiquer
            I couldn't access your link, page not found error, so forgive my ignorance.
            QUOTE]

Remove "http://" at the end
            or press:

Al

Comment

Earth's magnetic field

Originally posted by ANTIQUER View Post
              PBS had a great program a couple of years ago with the 2 scientists who discovered the magnetic evidence in the minerals in the rocks. It absolutely has happened in the past and will again, but don't worry too much. It takes place gradually over a couple of thousand years and we do not lose our magnetic field, it just shifts around.
              The program you're talking about, did they show a bunch of isolated places
              around the ocean where the field is already reversed? They see that there
              will be more isolated places with reversals and they get closer to make larger
              reversed areas and suddenly there are a bunch of gigantic isolated reversals
              and they all come together and suddenly the entire world's field is reversed?
              If so, I have that on vhs somewhere. I got it about 12 years ago...been
              looking for it for a while.

One thing that makes no sense is that if the center core is as hot as the
              surface of the sun, where do they come up with saying it is solid? Solid
              iron core as hot as the sun? So there is some anomalous iron down there
              that simply is melt resistant?
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

One thing that makes no sense is that if the center core is as hot as the
                surface of the sun, where do they come up with saying it is solid? Solid
                iron core as hot as the sun? So there is some anomalous iron down there
                that simply is melt resistant?

Earth's magnetic field comes from this ocean of iron, which is an electrically conducting fluid in constant motion. Sitting atop the hot inner core, the liquid outer core seethes and roils like water in a pan on a hot stove. The outer core also has "hurricanes"--whirlpools powered by the Coriolis forces of Earth's rotation. These complex motions generate our planet's magnetism through a process called the dynamo effect.

Using the equations of magnetohydrodynamics, a branch of physics dealing with conducting fluids and magnetic fields, Glatzmaier and colleague Paul Roberts have created a supercomputer model of Earth's interior. Their software heats the inner core, stirs the metallic ocean above it, then calculates the resulting magnetic field. They run their code for hundreds of thousands of simulated years and watch what happens.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/Y2...world_med1.gif

What they see mimics the real Earth: The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned. And no wonder. The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos.

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/Y2...son1_strip.gif
                Above: Supercomputer models of Earth's magnetic field. On the left is a normal dipolar magnetic field, typical of the long years between polarity reversals. On the right is the sort of complicated magnetic field Earth has during the upheaval of a reversal. [more]

And, as a bonus, Tahiti could be a great place to see the Northern Lights. In such a time, Larry Newitt's job would be different. Instead of shivering in Resolute Bay, he could enjoy the warm South Pacific, hopping from island to island, hunting for magnetic poles while auroras danced overhead.

Al
                Attached Files

Comment

sun temp core that is solid?

Al,

That is what is posted on those websites and is one of the most popular
                  models on what makes the Earth's magnetic field. It is a speculative model
                  as nobody has seen the center of the Earth so we really don't know what
                  makes the magnetic field of the Earth.

My original question is if the core is the surface temp of the sun, why is it
                  solid?

"At the heart of our planet lies a solid iron ball, about as hot as the surface of
                  the sun
                  . Researchers call it "the inner core."

Can anyone in the world show me a solid piece of iron as hot as the surface
                  of the sun? What is wrong with that picture?

Iron's melting temperature...

metal C F
                  Iron 1536 2797

Sun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  "In this spectral class label, G2 indicates its surface temperature of approximately 5,778 K (5,505 °C)"

So the surface temp of sun is 5505 C and the melting temp of iron is
                  1536 C. The surface temp of the sun is 3969 C HOTTER than the melting
                  point of iron, yet the inner iron core of the planet is solid.

How is the central supposed iron core solid when it is 3969 C above it's
                  own melting point?

Also, what is the justification for claiming there is any iron in the core at
                  all. A magnetic field caused by the iron is only a guess. Nickel, Copper and
                  other metals are heavier than iron so why do we not have a copper core
                  or other metal core? They have a much better chance of settling towards
                  the center of the Earth since they're heavier. With iron being ferrous,
                  perhaps something else really causes the magnetic field and that magnetic
                  field may have attracted the iron it it and not the other way around.

I'm just thinking out loud but the point is.... 3969C above the melting
                  temp of iron, yet is it a solid iron core. What's up with that?
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Link to NASA

Aljhoa;
                    Thanks for the help. Don't know why it copied that way, but I have corrected it.

@Aaron;
                    Sounds like the same program updated to include the info. on the magnetic evidence in the rocks. I also taped it, but like you, I don't know where it is among my 800 tapes.
                    As to the temp. of the iron in the core it doesn't make sense to me either. But it's all theory, no one knows for sure. Maybe that core is a different material (nuclear?) and the liquid iron is all that produces the magnetism? Perhaps NASA or others will expand the discussion on their theory due to all the interest lately.

Al
                    Antiquer

Comment

The Sun's poles flip!

Very interesting info.

The Sun Does a Flip

So the claim is the sun is a nuclear powered star? It produces magnetism with no iron? maybe our core works the same way?

Al
                      Antiquer

Comment

I'm just thinking out loud but the point is.... 3969C above the melting temp of iron, yet is it a solid iron core. What's up with that?
                        High pressure.

Comment

Earth's core

Carbide,

I thought of that but your post prompted me to take a few minutes to
                          look at some research on it.

High pressure seems to simply allow for more easy melting at lower temps,
                          which would indicate that at those temps under pressure, it would have to
                          be completely liquid. BUT, at super extreme pressures it is speculated that
                          the pressure overcomes the temperature, which seems to be a paradox.

Are there any experiments showing solidness is maintained at extreme
                          pressures and temperatures?

Perhaps the magnetic field there from the outer liquid core is causing some
                          kind of magnetic cooling in the inner core? There is such a thing but I
                          don't know how it could apply to this.

It also seems that under great pressure and temperature, the iron has
                          zero magnetism but may have some superconductive properties.

Access : Superconductivity in the non-magnetic state of iron under pressure : Nature

http://web.gps.caltech.edu/~sue/TJA_...eismo_1821.pdf

1993EM&P...61...39C Page 39

Now on this reference:
                          ScienceDirect - Earth and Planetary Science Letters : Low temperature melting of solids under very high pressure and the cores of the planets

"In section 1 of this paper is introduced an interesting phenomenon that general solids suffer melting even at low temperature, if extraordinary high pressures were applied upon them. Although the melting point Tm of general substances shows the increase in the beginning of the application of pressure as Simon demonstrated, it soon begins to decrease as the pressure is further increased. Consequently, the Tm versus P relation can be represented by a concave upward curve, exhibiting one maximum Tm and two melting pressures at any temperature below it.

This melting relation bears an important significance regarding the interior of the planet in which the prevailing pressure is so high that the Tm of the constituents decreases significantly; the liquid central core of the planets may form, due to the elevated pressure, even at low temperatures.
                          In section 2 of this paper is described the possible pT phase diagram of iron containing 10% nickel and 14% silicon. Quite a low temperature distribution inside the earth as well as the planets and the solid central core made of ε phase becomes very much plausible."

So possibly at ultra pressure, solidness is maintained. I don't buy it, yet.
                          With earthquakes, etc... only a more dense core is indicated but doesn't
                          mean it has to be solid.

Anyway, here is a repository for Earth core info:
                          Special Bureau for the Core

Another leading site:
                          http://www.sedigroup.org/

Those 2 are probably the most up to date for the current science.

--------

Inner core - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The outer core was believed to be liquid due to its inability to transmit elastic shear waves; only compressional waves are observed to pass through it.[3] The solidity of the inner core has been difficult to establish, because the elastic shear waves, that are expected to pass through it are very weak and difficult to detect. Dziewonski and Gilbert established the consistency of this hypothesis using normal modes of vibration of Earth caused by large earthquakes.[4] Recent claims of detections of inner core transmitted shear waves were initially controversial but are now gaining acceptance.[5]

So it remains a hypothesis that the central core is solid.

Anyway, in 2007, magnetic north moving at 37 miles per year towards
                          Siberia. Seems like in 2009 it is the same.
                          Earth's Magnetic North Pole Marching Toward Siberia At 37 Miles Per Year | AHN
                          Sincerely,
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

Al,

That is what is posted on those websites and is one of the most popular
                            models on what makes the Earth's magnetic field. It is a speculative model
                            as nobody has seen the center of the Earth so we really don't know what
                            makes the magnetic field of the Earth.

My original question is if the core is the surface temp of the sun, why is it
                            solid?
                            Discovery
                            The existence of an inner core distinct from the liquid outer core was discovered in 1936 by seismologist Inge Lehmann[2] using observations of earthquake-generated seismic waves that partly reflect from its boundary and can be detected by sensitive seismographs on the Earth's surface.

Temperature
                            The temperature of the inner core can be estimated using experimental and theoretical constraints on the melting temperature of impure iron at the pressure (about 330 GPa) of the inner core boundary, yielding estimates of 5,700 K (5,430 °C; 9,800 °F).[8] The range of pressure in Earth's inner core is about 330 to 360 gigapascals (3,300,000 to 3,600,000 atm),[9] and iron can only be solid at such high temperatures because its melting temperature increases dramatically at these high pressures.[10]

Inner core - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMO aether/fabric-of-space exists therefore there are no magnets and no gravity only ability of materials to channel aether. Thus such high pressures and temperatures in the center of the earth are unlikely.

Al

Comment

If they are using siesmology, the reflection they get may not be from a solid at all.
                              It could equally be from a super-dense liquid.

Magma is mostly silicon, Aluminium, water (yes it exists inside too) and a host of other elements mixed in. The heavier elements like the radioactive ones, as well as iron and nickel would sink as far as they could go - leaving just oxides and sulphides on the surface - like refractory slag. This is where we get most of our minerals from - as ores. Only very little solid metals like gold are found - trapped inbetween other elements as thin slivers.
                              This would indicate a core of mixed metals in constant motion rather than something solid.
                              That is presuming Gravity applies at the centre of a large mass - which it doesn't.

So - if gravity is not at the centre of a planet - then what is ?

I suggest that a heavy liquid element may decend - untill gravity is no longer acting sufficiently - then it will form a band and alloy with other elements.
                              Going further in - would incorporate elements of lower density as a more homogenous mix - even a hollow centre if pressure would allow.
                              It would still be incredibly hot in there - so don't think of another "inner world" yet - unless it was a completely cold planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X