Lights get brighter then burn out when I run my table saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights get brighter then burn out when I run my table saw

I’m getting 120 volts on my outlet and my outlet tester says things are wired correctly . Could the problem be at the neutral on the transformer pole? I read online that could be a problem on the power companies end

Also my saw is only pulling half the amperage it should when the lights are on or off only 3.3 amps. On a correct house it pulls 5.9 amps

Comment

After I spent 40hrs checking all the wiring I did some internet research. A person with similar problem would turn on a microwave and it would burn the light bulbs out. The problem turned out to be on the power companies end I told them they possibly had a bad neutral at the pole at the transformer. Next day I noticed they cut some limbs touching the line... I went inside and power is workin perfectly fine helllll yeah thank god

Comment

if your ground wire at your power box is not connected well enough you will also see the same issue.
        I have seen a few houses do that in the past, and it is the ground connection every time.
        if it starts happening again, go look there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyfalcon View Post
          After I spent 40hrs checking all the wiring I did some internet research. A person with similar problem would turn on a microwave and it would burn the light bulbs out. The problem turned out to be on the power companies end I told them they possibly had a bad neutral at the pole at the transformer. Next day I noticed they cut some limbs touching the line... I went inside and power is workin perfectly fine helllll yeah thank god
          Now that makes better sense. You were having power feeding in where it should not be and crazy things can happen. Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
          X