Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting dyetalon!

I didn't know about your motor designs!

Yes if you offset to 90 degrees the motor matching the field shown by the ferrocell then motor is working in synch with the magnetic field and should give you smoother and more efficient operation

EM
    MSc. Electronic and Computer Engineering, TUC, Greece
    MSc. VLSI Systems Engineering, UMIST, U.K.
    BSc. Electronic Systems Engineering, Victoria Univ. Manchester & UMIST

Comment

• Motor design

Originally posted by dyetalon View Post
      But I began thinking of how unbalanced a typical electric motor is and how the dipole field is the most efficient.
      One of the biggest downfalls of conventional motors is the Lorentz force.
      When you start up a motor, good old Lorentz SLAMS the rotor into one of the bearings (depending on rotation direction). If you start and stop the motor often enough, you will end up with a bad bearing.
      Hi dyetalon,

Yes you mentioned your motor earlier and I took a quick read of the patent application documents.

In the typical motor, be it AC, DC, PM, wound field, brushless, or brush commutated, like the graphic, the Lorentz forces are tangential to the axis of rotation. There are no Lorentz forces acting in the axial direction.

All magnetic fields are dipole. It is impossible to get around the nature of the dipole magnetic field. So the motor shown above uses dipole fields and is balanced.

I would like to understand what you envision as the magnetic paths in your motor design and why you feel it is superior to that as shown above. Please realize that the FEMM shown above could apply to a brushless design by electronically committing the armature making it the stationary member (stator) and having the magnet assembly rotate (as the rotor) making it an out-runner type BLDC or synchronous ACPM motor.

Regards,

bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
        Hi dyetalon,

Yes you mentioned your motor earlier and I took a quick read of the patent application documents.

In the typical motor, be it AC, DC, PM, wound field, brushless, or brush commutated, like the graphic, the Lorentz forces are tangential to the axis of rotation. There are no Lorentz forces acting in the axial direction.

All magnetic fields are dipole. It is impossible to get around the nature of the dipole magnetic field. So the motor shown above uses dipole fields and is balanced.

I would like to understand what you envision as the magnetic paths in your motor design and why you feel it is superior to that as shown above. Please realize that the FEMM shown above could apply to a brushless design by electronically committing the armature making it the stationary member (stator) and having the magnet assembly rotate (as the rotor) making it an out-runner type BLDC or synchronous ACPM motor.

Regards,

bi
        Start another thread. This should be focused on the cell.
        I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of typical vs. transverse motor design here.

Comment

• I've really enjoyed a bit of banter but I'm obviously not wanted so
          I'll go for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamnuts View Post
            I've really enjoyed a bit of banter but I'm obviously not wanted so
            I'll go for good.
            Are you NUTS?

We're only getting started.
            Take my advice and ignore the things that are distracting and focus on making your point. All this tension is polarizing everyone into a dielectric state !

Questions, Facts and discussions...ONLY

Comment

• A ferrohologram image

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrSfq3FPk9s&feature=youtu.be[/VIDEO]

EM

Comment

• Thank you Markoul the 3D image.
                What is seen can be labeled with confidence and more optimism
                that any relationships can be identified by those of us not having years of viewing experience.

Is it possible to point to a specific point ?
                A picture of a microscope calibration slide. A transparent aperture. a pointer.
                https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1107Na...6cf7f1664e9e8a
                Last edited by mikrovolt; 05-26-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Ferrophoto / magnet field imrpint / magnagram

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxJKyAq7a0[/VIDEO]

New video by Brian Kerr!

A holographic photo of the field of a ring magnet shown by the ferrocell.

WoW! impressive! you can clearly see the vortex structure specially where the ring magnet was located and the inner geometry hyperboloid. But most importantly when flipping on the other side you can SEE the two separated by the Bloch region magnetic bubbles, North and South pole!

You can even see the phase shift Ken is talking about in the two pole magnetic bubbles or fields. One is showing red and the other blue at point 1:59 of the video!!. Brian I don't know how you did that but it is a masterpiece. Bravo!
                  Last edited by Markoul; 05-26-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Ken about Lines of Force on a magnet

New video of Ken explaining "lines of force" on a magnet

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkzl8d7turs[/VIDEO]
                    Last edited by Markoul; 05-26-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• New ferrohologram image

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOPhjWDo0eM&feature=youtu.be[/VIDEO]

Read description on video.

EM

Comment

• ...and a ferroholo video

...and a ferroholo video for last:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQZ2qVMArY[/VIDEO]

... not that good as the still images.... I think it lacks light intensity.

Read the description for a guide in holo videos.

Comment

• There is no "BLOCH WALL"

there is no "BLOCK REGION"

All these are denotative of a CARTESIAN LOCUS

If there was something there, you could cut a magnet in half and have a NORTH pole half and SOUTH pole half

Nobody can understand magnetism without understanding the ancient Greek principle of Icommensurability OR knowing the REAL definition of POLARITY

You CANT GET THERE from here gerlfriend.

Comment

• WoW! His majesty himself!

Welcome to the thread Ken.

EM

Comment

• Originally posted by Markoul View Post
                              Welcome to the thread Ken.
                              EM
                              Peace out Girl Scout

Dare anyone to solve THIS IMAGE
                              https://ibb.co/hGq58J

HOW the HELL is it possible to have the SAME IMAGE on left and right????

cause on the right, in the center of the ring magnet, there IS NOTHING THERE

Soooooo HOW does 'NOTHING' have the SAME image as the side/"pole" of any other normal magnet.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheoriaApophasis View Post
                                Peace out Girl Scout

Dare anyone to solve THIS IMAGE

HOW the HELL is it possible to have the SAME IMAGE on left and right????

cause on the right, in the center of the ring magnet, there IS NOTHING THERE

Soooooo HOW does 'NOTHING' have the SAME image as the side/"pole" of any other normal magnet.
                                That's what I've been saying all along...NOTHING, ZIP, NADA

But thats a pole view. Everything is going around that black hole.
                                Last edited by dyetalon; 05-27-2018, 03:10 PM. Reason: clairity

Comment

Working...
                                X