about the Ferrocell (ferrolens)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iamnuts View Post
    It costs roughly a billion dollars a year to run CERN.
    Lovely to see Timm out-do them with a five dollar jar
    of ferrofluid.
    It's ironic you should say this. I doubt $5 would cover the cost of my recent experiments. That's why I sell these things- gotta pay for the test equipment and materials to test. My social security retirement isn't enough!
    I'm really jumping the gun here, but wtf:

I've developed a new fluid mixture. It's worse drawback is it has a short life-span (only a week or so). The mix is so thin, It's experiencing evaporation regardless of what type of sealant I use. So its time for a new vacuum pump and chamber. Gotta do some deep vacuum and see if that helps.

This new mix has such a wide frequency response (higher than blue, violet even ultraviolet) that I decided to see if I can 'guide' gamma rays like we can with light (and the old mix). I don't want to say too much here, because I'm writing a paper about this in hope of publication.

I will say that my gamma test chamber is almost finished. I just have to wait for a couple of dry days so I can fire up my outside furnace and melt the lead. Got the scintillator/pmt, gamma spectrometer, software and isotopes ready.

Nobody has ever 'guided' gamma rays with magnets. I'm going to attempt to do so using these new cells. If it works, I post some stuff here.
    Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bistander View Post
      Hello EM,

As I understand it, you say we have used a totally incorrect model of magnetic fields to design the billion or so electric motors, generators, actuators and transformers, and the countless magnetic memory devices. Isn't it odd these machines and devices function so very well?

Regards,

bi
      Nope, it is not "odd"...if we all have in mind that all this machines do is only use less than 50% of Magnetic Fields capability...reason why NONE has been able to reach full (100%) efficiencies...much less OU.

As most of all this machines really work with the "rough field knowledge" we all are tought.
      Here I will cite -again- the "solenoid" usage in industry...how does it uses the field?...does it cares if we reverse voltage polarities it will not "function" properly?

Of course not.

And so the AC FIELD based machinery...same deal...

In overall look at the Electric Industry...it has only served as an "auxiliary parts supplier" for the Main Energetic Industry...which is Oil Based up to now.

You could "bluff" about our electric machinery...only the day when we are producing electromagnetic plasma small self running engines and turbines...Antigravity Engines...self run generators...etc,etc...where Oil Tech won't be needed any more.

Only then you could bluff and be proud of what we have achieved.

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-16-2018, 02:04 PM.
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        Nope, it is not "odd"...if we all have in mind that all this machines do is only use less than 50% of Magnetic Fields capability...reason why NONE has been able to reach full (100%) efficiencies...much less OU.

As most of all this machines really work with the "rough field knowledge" we all are tought.
        Here I will cite -again- the "solenoid" usage in industry...how does it uses the field?...does it cares if we reverse voltage polarities it will not "function" properly?

Of course not.

And so the AC FIELD based machinery...same deal...

In overall look at the Electric Industry...it has only served as an "auxiliary supply" for the Main Energetic Industry...which is Oil Based up to now.

You could "bluff" about our electric machinery...only the day when we are producing electromagnetic plasma small self running turbines...Antigravity Engines...self run generators...etc,etc...where Oil Tech won't be needed any more.

Only then you could bluff and be proud of what we have achieved.

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Actually, modern PWM electric motors (>5hp) are between 95 and 98% efficient. It's the little motors that need improvement.

New types of rotors (99% copper) and magnetic materials (like Hiperco-50) have pushed efficiencies up a lot. We can be a little proud of this.
        I worked in the motor business for a few years and the manufacturers and EPA don't care about the efficiency of small motors. Collectively they don't use much energy. It's the big muthers that suck up the juice. In the USA, there are new laws in effect concerning horsepower vs efficiency that the manufacturers must abide to or they can't sell their products here.

It's a bit off topic, but isn't it interesting that a coil of wire with electrons running thru will create a magnetic field at the expense of heat, but a magnet just sits there, all magnetic like but COLD. If we could actually build a working all-magnet motor (rotor and stators) we would eliminate the heat and get pretty close to 100% efficiency. After all, that's the problem: heat reduces efficiency.

This fact has always bothered me.
        Is it just a matter of domain alignment? I doubt it...and what is so special when all the domains align in the same direction? Are we 'opening a doorway' into another dimension?
        Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 02:43 PM. Reason: accuracy and more blabbing

Comment

Screenshot_2018-05-16-15-09-18.png

Thats where I've seen waves cancel out-in the double split experiment.

I'm a decrepit farmer and my days are numbered, I'd just love to see 100%
          proof on this one.
          I had no intention of belittling Timm's work, I just thought it would be an
          excellent demonstration of relativity!!
          Attached Files

Comment

EM
            Hello EM,

As I understand it, you say we have used a totally incorrect model of magnetic fields to design the billion or so electric motors, generators, actuators and transformers, and the countless magnetic memory devices. Isn't it odd these machines and devices function so very well?
            Yes Bi I totally agree, we have a Tesla car and it goes like a rocket and a couple of
            days ago my Makita drill nearly ripped my hand off, and what a tiny motor that
            has. Big pity is the battery is such a weak link.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamnuts View Post
              Screenshot_2018-05-16-15-09-18.png

Thats where I've seen waves cancel out-in the double split experiment.

I'm a decrepit farmer and my days are numbered, I'd just love to see 100%
              proof on this one.
              I had no intention of belittling Timm's work, I just thought it would be an
              excellent demonstration of relativity!!
              I'm not easily offended, no worries here. I've been on forums since the 80's (BBS's) and have chatted and argued about trivial stuff for months on end.

Yes, like I mentioned earlier; to get any more details we need to go quantum.

Think about this for a minute-
              The particles inside a cell begin to form microscopic 'chains' when influenced by a magnetic field (see pix).
              Notice these chains all seem to be about the same length?
              They stop growing when they reach domain size. WHAT?

Now imagine billions of these chains with light passing thru them (like the double-slit, only a billion-slit).
              You are right on the mark, dude.

Another interesting fact:
              Look closely- see the chains have formed into pairs?
              That's Superparamagnetic for ya !

Image made by Laszlo Vadkerti last year. Another happy Ferrocell user.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM. Reason: easier reading and clairity

Comment

Magnetic fields

Originally posted by dyetalon View Post
                I don't want to speak for Markoul, but we haven't used iron filings as a model to build magnetic devices but to try and understand how a magnet works.
                Hi dyetalon,

I am well aware. I spent many years in the industry, and a few in academia. I was referring the the classic "model", like expressed by FEMM.

But it is curious (not) how iron powder or filings seem to follow the simulation field lines.

Image from: http://www.energeticforum.com/310239-post1082.html

Regards,

bi

Comment

... all this machines do is only use less than 50% of Magnetic Fields capability...
                  Hi Ufo,

You are mistaken. A well designed electric machine will use practically all of the magnetic field. Like in the high 90% range.

And then, if as dyetalon points out, the machine utilizes a PM field, there is no ongoing cost (power loss) associated with the unused field.

Regards,

bi

PS: Ufo,
                  As I've mentioned to you before, if not for our electric machinery, you'd be living in the dark age. I don't know why you badmouth it so much. The electric machinery doesn't burn the oil or coal. And when combined with batteries charged by renewables, electric machinery can replace and eventually obsolete the carbon burners on our roads and highways.

Comment

Hi dyetalon,

...I was referring the the classic "model", like expressed by FEMM.

bi
                    Don't forget FEMM is a program. And a program will generate whatever algorithm it was written with.
                    You could program the computer to generate anything (look at movie special effects).

Here's a bad story.
                    About 10 years ago I came up with a new idea for an electric motor.
                    I made a great running prototype and began looking for investors.
                    Ended up with a bunch of patents and many demonstrations of this new method of spinning a rotor to government, businesses and manufacturers.

When it came time to up-scale the thing to high horsepower, I needed an engineer with the brains to make it so (sorry, but I'm not that smart).
                    Well, seems there are no computer simulation programs that can be configured to duplicate my field patterns in the arrangement I use.

Why? Because I got my ideas from viewing thru a cell.

No computers, no up-scale. We 'winged it' and made a 10 hp, but its efficiency is lagging behind the small prototype.

Moral of the story?
                    It would cost lots and lots of $$$ and many programming hours to re-design a FEMM program from its primary functions and to describe (visually) from a different set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by dyetalon View Post
                      I don't want to speak for Markoul, but we haven't used iron filings as a model to build magnetic devices but to try and understand how a magnet works.

The Ferrocell isn't a replacement for iron filings, but another method of seeing the effects of magnetism on matter. Now we can view from zero (parallel-iron filings) to 90 deg (perpendicular-cell). It's just a different point of view.

The filings show us what the greatest potential of the field looks like and the ferrolens shows us the least potential.
                      Now that sounds much much more acceptable than blatantly attacking the filings experiment.. like its all wrong.. this is what I'm trying to point out to markoul and ufo..
                      They might show different geometry but it doesn't mean one is lying, it simply show how complex magnetism is, I do believe there is more than what the filings show, and so is the ferrolens, people should build models that comply to both experiment depictions..

I'm really amazed by that last video I posted by brian (prism like arrangement), I never really imagined the light would depict the classical model of magnetism by that experiment. I keep watching it..

Comment

Hi Ufo,

You are mistaken. A well designed electric machine will use practically all of the magnetic field. Like in the high 90% range.

And then, if as dyetalon points out, the machine utilizes a PM field, there is no ongoing cost (power loss) associated with the unused field.

Regards,

bi

PS: Ufo,
                        As I've mentioned to you before, if not for our electric machinery, you'd be living in the dark age. I don't know why you badmouth it so much. The electric machinery doesn't burn the oil or coal. And when combined with batteries charged by renewables, electric machinery can replace and eventually obsolete the carbon burners on our roads and highways.
                        Ok Bistander,

This is to what am referring to...

Say it is a Motor...PM or wound Stators...no matter what pulses-feed it...PWM...AC DC
                        Look at STATORS MAGNETIC FIELD arrangement...then realize their armature-rotors interact only with 50% OF INNER STATOR POLES...while all outer poles are shunt to a steel housing...

That's what I meant...Got it now?

Ufopolitics
                        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ricards View Post
                          Now that sounds much much more acceptable than blatantly attacking the filings experiment.. like its all wrong.. this is what I'm trying to point out to markoul and ufo..
                          They might show different geometry but it doesn't mean one is lying, it simply show how complex magnetism is, I do believe there is more than what the filings show, and so is the ferrolens, people should build models that comply to both experiment depictions..

I'm really amazed by that last video I posted by brian (prism like arrangement), I never really imagined the light would depict the classical model of magnetism by that experiment. I keep watching it..
                          Yes, its very fascinating. It's kept my attention all these years. More than one brain can handle, for sure. That's why I'm here. To get all of our brains humming along with the same tune and make some leaps forward !

Please remember a lot of the members here are in other countries and speak other languages. Sometimes what we take as hostility and aggression gets twisted during translation.

These guys are trying to make a point and as an English speaking person, I can't imagine what all this looks like in Greek or Russian

Comment

Ok Bistander,

Say it is a Motor...PM or wound Stators...no matter what pulses-feed it...PWM...AC DC
                            Look at STATORS MAGNETIC FIELD arrangement...then realize their armature-rotors interact only with 50% OF INNER STATOR POLES...while all outer poles are shunt to a steel housing...

Ufopolitics
                            Not my motors. They use 100%. No back-iron, either. Its called a dipolar motor- here is the first one:
                            https://patents.google.com/patent/US9190949B1/en

Remember, it was just our first prototype and evolved from there.

The 'motor people' didn't like that so I changed it to 'Transverse Flux' motor. Crap, getting off topic here (on my own post, too!).
                            Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 07:32 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Don't get it

Ok Bistander,

Ufopolitics
                              Nope. Don't get it now. Didn't know motors and generators had inner and outer poles. But off topic here. Please drop it and return to ferrolens discussion.

Thanks,

bi

Comment

Nope. Don't get it now. Didn't know motors and generators had inner and outer poles. But off topic here. Please drop it and return to ferrolens discussion.

Thanks,

bi
                                While I'm steering this thread (even if its off topic) there is a lot to be said about UFO's comment. Plenty of energy is lost in the 'back-iron' of a conventional motor (as heat). That's because they are thinking LINEAR - like iron filings.
                                When you utilize BOTH poles simultaneously, very little is lost to heat and you end up with a more magnetically-balanced and quiet running motor.
                                Guess what's in the middle between both poles:?

NOTHING !

Comment

Working...
                                X