X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bistander View Post
    I

...Here's my opinion on that:
    The "Bloch region" actually has a different meaning used in quantum mechanics at the subatomic level. It was in this field where Felix Bloch was awarded the Nobel Prize. I can only wonder if he rolls in his grave.

Regards,

bi
    Yes I agree, that is a bad graphic. I'm sure he rolled when that drawing was made. Things have advanced a bit since then.
    Here's a recent graphic:

If we continue on with this topic, we will have to look into quantum electrodynamics for more accurate answers. Not my favorite...I'm more of an experimental physics kind a guy.
    Attached Files

Comment

We needed this clarifications

Originally posted by dyetalon View Post
      I think we should discuss the difference between ferromagnetism and ferrimagnetism. Maybe this will help understand whats going on in the cell.

Here's the ordering in different materials and a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_structure

What I first notice is the ordering of a ferromagnetic material (All Fe except Fe3O4) is linear in one direction only (iron filings), but the ferrimagnetic material is bi-directional (ferrofluid). There is a major difference in how the light reacts in these two different modes. Bi-directionality has the proper vectors to provide cancellation, where uni-directional materials do not.

This is what I refer to when I speak of phase cancellation (N minus S) occurring in the cell. If we graph a magnetic field, we obtain a peak at positive maximum (North) and a peak at negative maximum (South).
      It actually resembles a sine-wave (as seen on an oscilloscope). If we break this down into math, we get +180 degrees and -180 degrees.

What happens if you add these two together?
      Oh Dyetalon!...Real Wisdom about Magnetism...and Ferrocells...God Bless You my Friend!!!

Yes, I believe for the first time I agree with Bistander......about the great benefit to have you here with all of Us...it is a GREAT HONOR!!

Your paragraph above, which I bold out and specifically the underlined sentences...Oh man...that is the very key to understanding!!!

And thanks to that paragraph above...I finally realize...then conceive the whole thing...the whole view...the whole everything...

It is very clear...and forgive me, but IMHO, I believe it is not only about the way light reacts with the two different materials (one way directional versus bi-directional)...but basically how they both react completely different to the Magnetic Field.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Bloch

Yes I agree, that is a bad graphic. I'm sure he rolled when that drawing was made. Things have advanced a bit since then.
        Here's a recent graphic:
        Hi dyetalon,

It wasn't about the quality of the graphic but about the science (or lack of science) behind it.

Nice graphic from you. I'd like to know more about it. Do you have the source?

Back to the subject.... Call it whatever. I contend there is nothing special (meaning different) about the center of the magnet. The center has aligned domains just like the rest of the magnet. A couple of mm towards the N looks just like the center or just like a couple mm towards the S.

Regards,

bi
        Last edited by bistander; 05-16-2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

What I first notice is the ordering of a ferromagnetic material (All Fe except Fe3O4) is linear in one direction only (iron filings), but the ferrimagnetic material is bi-directional (ferrofluid). There is a major difference in how the light reacts in these two different modes. Bi-directionality has the proper vectors to provide cancellation, where uni-directional materials do not.
          Sorry but I needed that paragraph again...to go over it and explain the way I see this...

And then again...I am trying to put it as simple as I possibly could...

Iron Filings which is a mixture of any kind of Fe...except Fe3O4...is purely LINEAR & DIRECTIONAL, therefore, this is the reason why their alignment to Magnetic Fields "interprets" the One Way Spin Direction, which both poles have...except they do it in a LINEAR-DIRECTIONAL FASHION.

Ferrofluids, since they are Bi-directional, have the "ability" to SPLIT DIFFERENTLY for each pole, following each of their centrifugal/emanating directions which are opposed from the center and outwards into Space, following their spatial path all the way to their discharge zone, the center of the magnet.

Iron Filings directional alignment positions them between the two higher potential of the Field, the poles...completely ignoring the center discharge zone...since they can not "split-bidirectionally".

Now, Bistander cited an interesting quote from wikipedia:

Finally, ferrimagnetism as prototypically displayed by magnetite is in some sense an intermediate case: here the magnetization is globally uncompensated as in ferromagnetism, but the local magnetization points in different directions.
          Globally uncompensated?, yes, of course...We have been guided for over 200 years based on the same "directional interpretation" scheme from ferromagnetism...and all the sudden a new "splitting bi-directional interpretation" from ferrimagnetism...is completely understood we believe this duality of interpretation is "uncompensated"...since it is following "different directions"...don't you think?

Anyways, Timm...if by any means you believe I am going off topic above, please let me know and I will delete it, and pass it to other Thread.

Last thing I want to do...is to disrupt your excellent thread here.

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hi dyetalon,

It wasn't about the quality of the graphic but about the science (or lack of science) behind it.

Nice graphic from you. I'd like to know more about it. Do you have the source?

Back to the subject.... Call it whatever. I contend there is nothing special (meaning different) about the center of the magnet. The center has aligned domains just like the rest of the magnet. A couple of mm towards the N looks just like the center or just like a couple mm towards the S.

Regards,

bi
            Yea. I clipped it from the Max Planck Institute in Germany:
            https://www.mis.mpg.de/applan/resear...magnetics.html

Nothing is the key word here. That's what I've been telling everyone...Zero. Zip. Nada. What's so special about nothing? It follows the lowest potential of the field.

Next we need to look at how magnetism affect magnetite when it's made smaller than a domain...
            Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
              Sorry but I needed that paragraph again...to go over it and explain the way I see this...

And then again...I am trying to put it as simple as I possibly could...

Iron Filings which is a mixture of any kind of Fe...except Fe3O4...is purely LINEAR & DIRECTIONAL, therefore, this is the reason why their alignment to Magnetic Fields "interprets" the One Way Spin Direction, which both poles have...except they do it in a LINEAR-DIRECTIONAL FASHION.

Ferrofluids, since they are Bi-directional, have the "ability" to SPLIT DIFFERENTLY for each pole, following each of their centrifugal/emanating directions which are opposed from the center and outwards into Space, following their spatial path all the way to their discharge zone, the center of the magnet.

Iron Filings directional alignment positions them between the two higher potential of the Field, the poles...completely ignoring the center discharge zone...since they can not "split-bidirectionally".

Now, Bistander cited an interesting quote from wikipedia:

Globally uncompensated?, yes, of course...We have been guided for over 200 years based on the same "directional interpretation" scheme from ferromagnetism...and all the sudden a new "splitting bi-directional interpretation" from ferrimagnetism...is completely understood we believe this duality of interpretation is "uncompensated"...since it is following "different directions"...don't you think?

Anyways, Timm...if by any means you believe I am going off topic above, please let me know and I will delete it, and pass it to other Thread.

Last thing I want to do...is to disrupt your excellent thread here.

Regards

Ufopolitics
              You have to remember that I'm generalizing here. The process is much more complex than just bi-directionality, but it's a good starting point for further discussion.

And you are not off topic by any means. I started this thread to talk about the cell and what it shows. Someone may find something I've overlooked, didn't understand or just plain got it wrong.

I'll try and explain what I (and a few others) have theorized what the primary functions are.

I love the feedback.

Comment

Hello Dyetalon,

Thanks for opening the thread,

I would like to repost some here as the video link I got where the configuration I was talking about is portrayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ueVhG8hT3E

But I would love to see that experiment of yours..

Comment

Originally posted by ricards View Post
                  Hello Dyetalon,

Thanks for opening the thread,

I would like to repost some here as the video link I got where the configuration I was talking about is portrayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ueVhG8hT3E

But I would love to see that experiment of yours..
                  Brian has made some fantastic cells. And he is very creative.
                  I hadn't seen this one before.

Maybe after looking thru these things for 13 years I'm accustomed to knowing what to expect from certain lighting and layering.

However the ferrosphere is the best! Too bad ya have to shake it like a snow-globe to get it working.

Which experiment of mine are you referring to?
                  Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 04:27 AM. Reason: accuracy

Comment

Brian has made some fantastic cells. And he is very creative.
                    I hadn't seen this one before.

Maybe after looking thru these things for 13 years I'm accustomed to knowing what to expect from certain lighting and layering.

However the ferrosphere is the best! Too bad ya have to shake it like a snow-globe to get it working.

Which experiment of mine are you referring to?
                    The one where you shoot the magnet Inside the hole in the center. moving it up and down to see where the high and low magnetic potentials are.. magnets perpendicular and parallel to the ferrolens.

Markoul found a few from the same guy. (brian)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpA_0eNKkdo
                    Last edited by ricards; 05-16-2018, 05:06 AM. Reason: It is not I who found it.. but markoul

Comment

https://youtu.be/sLhgaPyoyto
                      Have I seen something like this before?

Comment

It costs roughly a billion dollars a year to run CERN.
                        Lovely to see Timm out-do them with a five dollar jar
                        of ferrofluid.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamnuts View Post
                          https://youtu.be/sLhgaPyoyto
                          Have I seen something like this before?
                          Mike Palazzola is another ferrolens genius. He and Brian Kerr have taken this stuff to new levels. Both are highly creative and inventive.

Yes. I began using laser with the cell almost exclusively since 2014. Almost all of my research since then has been with laser (and recently, gamma rays).
                          Here's what you can do with four 90 degree pulses, electromagnets, laser and a cell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMssut5ik9A

Fun Stuff

Let me add here: We are seeing another use for the cell. Not only can we view the lowest potential, but we can rotate it or guide the light where we want, magnetically. It can be used either way. To view fields or to control the direction of light.

Try that with iron filings !
                          Last edited by dyetalon; 05-16-2018, 01:46 PM. Reason: felt the need for sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by ricards View Post
                            The one where you shoot the magnet Inside the hole in the center. moving it up and down to see where the high and low magnetic potentials are.. magnets perpendicular and parallel to the ferrolens.

Markoul found a few from the same guy. (brian)
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpA_0eNKkdo
                            I'm sure Michael Snyder has video of the event, but its not easy to get his attention these days.
                            He's currently working for NASA on the detection system for Earth-like planets. I think they just launched a satellite last week.
                            I've sent him an email about the video, but who knows when I'll hear back from him?

Brians 'slot' video is a good experiment. If/when I hear from Michael, I post a link here.

Comment

Simple question

Originally posted by Markoul View Post
                              My purpose is to establish to the world the real geometry of the magnetic field shown by the ferrocell.

We did 200 years ago a mistake... it is time to rectify it...

Do you understand how significant this is? If we got the geometry of the field wrong this will prevent us from going to the stars!!

...everything changes even the dipole magnetic field of the electron!! to the discovery of dark matter and dark energy domain!!

EM
                              Hello EM,

As I understand it, you say we have used a totally incorrect model of magnetic fields to design the billion or so electric motors, generators, actuators and transformers, and the countless magnetic memory devices. Isn't it odd these machines and devices function so very well?

Regards,

bi

Comment

Hello EM,

As I understand it, you say we have used a totally incorrect model of magnetic fields to design the billion or so electric motors, generators, actuators and transformers, and the countless magnetic memory devices. Isn't it odd these machines and devices function so very well?

Regards,

bi
                                I don't want to speak for Markoul, but we haven't used iron filings as a model to build magnetic devices but to try and understand how a magnet works.

The Ferrocell isn't a replacement for iron filings, but another method of seeing the effects of magnetism on matter. Now we can view from zero (parallel-iron filings) to 90 deg (perpendicular-cell). It's just a different point of view.

The filings show us what the greatest potential of the field looks like and the ferrolens shows us the least potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X