X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Cat test was a success?

Hi friends

Our dreams are coming true, this might be the first phase of our dream:
    E-Day Thread: Rossi’s 1 MW E-Cat Plant Tested By First Customer (PESWiki: “Customer Satisfied, Sale Made”) | E-Cat World

The test conducted in Bologna factory was a success the report says. The implications are profound, and we can have a cold fusion generator at our homes, seems to be the case. But will the inventor open source his technology seems not.

A new Era of freedom has already begun. And I am pretty sure we are going to see some other cool stuff.

Elias
    Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
    http://blog.hexaheart.org

Hello Elias, was'nt that great news!
    I have been surpised how little the e-cat has been discussed on this site.
    No doubt things will liven up a bit now.
    Only problem I see is a possible military involvement, let us hoe i'm wrong.
    Yesterday in Bologna was a bl**dy hiding for the nay-sayers.
    Best wishes all round to Andrea Rossi.

Comment

Firstly, I'd like to say that when it comes to Free Energy devices I like to keep an open mind and unless I see something that is mechanically or electrically questionable that places doubt on the operation of the device I tend to believe the claims of the inventor. The classic example is Moray's devices which had dozens of people witness the device running electrical loads of several kilowatts and was closely examined by engineers and scientists to see if there were any hidden energy sources or wires connected to an external energy source, which was never the case.

In the case of Rossi I have seen none of this. I first became skeptical of the E-cat when I saw a video of the device which claimed to be able to produce several kilowatts of energy yet the flow of steam coming out of the device was small and weak. His latest demonstration has failed to impress me as well. Based upon what I read from the peswiki article, the large E-cat was connected to a generator to initialise the device yet the generator continued to run even after the device was claimed to be in "self sustaining mode". The steam which was generated by the device was not used to do any useful work to demonstrate that the device was indeed producing the amount of heat (470 kw thermal) that it claimed to be producing. As with previous tests of his device, there were no independent validators to verify that the measurements were correct.

It should be noted the even if the E-cat can produce the amounts of heat Rossi claims the conversion efficiency of the heat to electricity would probably be no better than 30%. For the world's sake I hope I'm wrong on this but from what I've seen so far it looks like I'm not going to be.
      Last edited by phi1.62; 10-30-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

seems to me moray had uranium doped diodes?

About the only devices I believe in are those of tesla since he is after all the designer of the power going to my puter, and very few others.

I think all these resonant coil designs with the exception of those that put e and m in phase that make big power claims are all bogus, and the best we can expect from ecat is almost twice input which is awesome.

Aside from that I believe literally no one because most people do not know how and incorrectly measure their devices in the first place.

The only people I have seen on the net who really know how to properly measure devices to get correct and reliable results is dollard lindemann group.

So I am very skeptical.

Comment

I believe you guys are right to be skeptical, I seen the video with the just boiled
          kettle's amount of steam for an input of over 700 watts. There is just something
          suspicious about the way it is all presented. Then there is the Nickel thing, it'll
          be supply and demand, it's controlled. Basically any metered power provided by
          a "company" will be charged at the rate the company thinks the market can
          sustain, that is best business practice I believe.

The Ecat if it works will just increase their profits, because the output will just
          be fed to the grid.

Just like all the solar power is now. Grid tie solar setups cost the power company
          nothing but they sell the power for profit same as all the power, we buy other
          peoples solar power from their grid tie setups through the power company for
          full cost but they are paid less.

Even if the Ecat works it will only save money or make money for those that
          own them everyone else will still pay full price in my opinion.

Will the transmutated copper from nickel be OK for making magnet wire for coils ?
          That could be one good thing. We can always use more copper.

Cheers

Comment

The Ecat if it works will just increase their profits, because the output will just be fed to the grid. Even if the Ecat works it will only save money or make money for those that own them everyone else will still pay full price in my opinion.
            Totally agree. I want my own power source at my house.

Comment

Why always so negative?

Why would he spend so much time and so much money if there is nothing to it?

It this system works we can at least use it for the heating of our houses and get independent of oil …
              There will be difficulties in using this technology in the beginning but if you see how far we go to be able to burn oil in our houses and how much technology we need for that,
              why would this new thing be a problem?

I sure hope it works and won’t be put away as so many inventions were put away before.

Rebuttal to Krivit's Accusation that Andrea Rossi is a Fraudster

Comment

Originally posted by b4FreeEnergy View Post
                Why would he spend so much time and so much money if there is nothing to it?

It this system works we can at least use it for the heating of our houses and get independent of oil …
                There will be difficulties in using this technology in the beginning but if you see how far we go to be able to burn oil in our houses and how much technology we need for that,
                why would this new thing be a problem?

I sure hope it works and won’t be put away as so many inventions were put away before.

Well I don't hope it doesn't work. I hope it does work too. But I have concerns.

1. Grid power will be no less expensive.

2. The supply and demand problem with the Nickel.

3. The associated problems with the mining of Nickel.

4. It might not be as efficient as he says.

5. People might say things like everything is OK now because the Ecat will save the world from evil and pollution.

That's just the first five I can think of off the top of my head.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Iotayodi View Post
                  Totally agree. I want my own power source at my house.
                  You might like to read this:
                  HYPERION E-CAT COLD FUSION ROSSI

This is a new article by sterling about some critics:

I think that eventually we will have some small units for our homes.
                  Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                  http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

@Farmhand

I agree with you but at least this E-cat thing for some reason is not immediately suppressed. There is no coverage yet in any known and big news media so that a lot of people can read about it but it can still happen. At least that would be kind of a break-through if the ‘masses’ know this kind of energy is possible and can be used.

Pons and Fleishman were made ridiculous for their cold fusion about 20 years ago but it seems now there was more then what they want to us to believe, the experiments they did can be repeated and were repeated. Eugene Mallove of MIT resigned because MIT manipulated the results they published because MIT did see something they rather didn’t see because it could mean they would lose the millions of dollars they get from the American tax-payers to investigate ‘hot’ fusion! Etc. etc. …

If I could choose between an E-cat and a little box in my cellar with the size of a refrigerator needing no supplies at all which is just tapping ‘background’ energy and disconnecting me from the grid completely I would take that of course but it seems till today we do not have that option even though Henri Moray (naming just one) could get kilo-Watts from somewhere already in the beginning of the 1900’s and you 'feel' and 'sense' loads of other valid technologies are not used today because they are not allowed to be used.

What does it take to make free energy free? - Maybe it’s time for some revolution?

Cheers too!
                    Last edited by b4FreeEnergy; 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM. Reason: Another response came in between mine and the one of Farmhand

Comment

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                      Basically any metered power provided by
                      a "company" will be charged at the rate the company thinks the market can
                      sustain, that is best business practice I believe.

The Ecat if it works will just increase their profits, because the output will just
                      be fed to the grid.

Just like all the solar power is now. Grid tie solar setups cost the power company
                      nothing but they sell the power for profit same as all the power, we buy other
                      peoples solar power from their grid tie setups through the power company for
                      full cost but they are paid less.

Even if the Ecat works it will only save money or make money for those that
                      own them everyone else will still pay full price in my opinion.
                      That is only true if the public has no options. If the public has access and can afford small individual home units of there own, the power company will try to continue to be $$ competitive enough, so that they keep there market share.

The bigger point in having a cheap Clean energy source is access to energy. There are still many places in the world that have never had reliable electricity sources. I have visited many societies that have no electricity at all! It was not cost effective to spend many millions to bring electricity to those areas. Those area continue to get further behind because this lack of electricity & the associated technologies that can even be life saving.

I for one love the idea that the E-cat (and other technologies) may bring these third world communities. Not to mention the cons/politics involved in insuring a stable flow of oil because of our dependency. Clean is also a big plus.

PS. From what I understand the E-cat uses VERY little nickle.

Comment

Some folks who are wondering what they can do, could do as i did today, and send an email to Associated Press asking if they are going to run with the story. You could even offer to help them research it, if that is what they are doing now. The email address from their website is:

info@ap.org

At the top of the email, i would suggest adding the following (since it is a very general email addy, apparently the only available for the public):

[Please forward to Peter Svensson's Editor, and Mr. Svensson as well ]

Svensson is the AP reporter that was photographed in attendance there in Bologna Friday. I suppose if AP is not going to run a story on it, they wont no matter what, but if they are sitting on the fence and wondering if they should, it could help them decide if they saw that folks know they had sent a reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                          That is only true if the public has no options. If the public has access and can afford small individual home units of there own, the power company will try to continue to be $$ competitive enough, so that they keep there market share.

The bigger point in having a cheap Clean energy source is access to energy. There are still many places in the world that have never had reliable electricity sources. I have visited many societies that have no electricity at all! It was not cost effective to spend many millions to bring electricity to those areas. Those area continue to get further behind because this lack of electricity & the associated technologies that can even be life saving.

I for one love the idea that the E-cat (and other technologies) may bring these third world communities. Not to mention the cons/politics involved in insuring a stable flow of oil because of our dependency. Clean is also a big plus.

PS. From what I understand the E-cat uses VERY little nickle.

But the Ecat require's Electrical power to work and pressurized hydrogen and
                          powdered Nickel, it also requires a steam turbine to make electricity from the
                          steam produced by the heat, and of course clean water.

It also requires a lot of time to start the reaction, in my opinion we won't see
                          any viable backyard Ecats. The cost to setup an Ecat with a steam turbine
                          and generator would be substantial. Pressurized hydrogen can be very
                          dangerous to use.

One thing is certain I will not be building or buying a steam turbine or an Ecat.

Try a little numbers game and determine the setup cost for the steam turbine
                          and generator for a 3 Kw system. Then work out how much Nickel powder you
                          will need for a month and cost then add the cost of the hydrogen for a month
                          and the input power compared to output power.

Then when the Ecat is working what will you do with any power excess ? If
                          the produced heat is not used to make steam then electrical power it is lost.

Then there is all the insulation to retain the heat and the chance of explosions.

I don't think many people have actually thought this through. In the real word
                          application of things there are many hidden costs and problems.

Cheers

P.S. To get the pressurized hydrogen you will need to buy it from a company
                          on a regular basis and pay rent on the container (vessel) same with the
                          powdered Nickel it will need to be bought with money on a regular basis from
                          a for profit company. The whole long term viability is governed by the whims
                          of companies and fluctuating prices and availability of the consumables.

Last edited by Farmhand; 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I think all the earth nickel minerals and power produced is a civil right and should be devised [shared] and owned equally with all inhabitants of the earth..Lybia did a little of that concept.If we all put in a share we could all power our selves forever. I still like the idea of local hemp for home gasifers personally, you should see the math on that. I am talking about Cannibus for industry not industrial hemp, that's low yield.
                            Sorry off topic.

For us, i think the importance of the E-Cat is to help substantiate FE science , the genre and pattern of getting this science known, also to help deliver solution's where all FE science can have a protected home.

People should not have to sell their house to demonstrate science. Wont go onto today.

Ash

Comment

Here a couple of articles quotes,
                              I can't find the hydrogen use but i seem to remember someone saying a bottle would last over a year on a 5kw unit but i can't confirm it.

"To start up the reactor you have just to turn on a switch. The reactor works with enormous margins of safety, so there is no need of a particular skill. Just follow the instructions. The refueling is every 6 months and will be made by our dealers."

"one kilogram of nickel powder should deliver 10 kW of energy for 10,000 hours. The consumption rate of hydrogen and nickel are 0.1 g of Ni and 0.01 g of H to produce 10 kWh/h"

that is over 400 days

Comment

Working...
                              X