Help with an off-grid solar kit for 120Vac-50Hz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an off-grid solar kit for 120Vac-50Hz

Hi.I have somebody that wants me to sell them a solar off-grid "kit" of around 600w for use in a country that uses 120vac-50Hz electricity. I would like to use a small inverter to keep the costs competitive but I have nothing smaller that a sinewave 2000w inverter/charger that would work with that electricity and it brings the cost up substantially.I am not a techie,I distribute these products to installers who normally size their systems and pass me the list of what they need.This client,however, does not know how to size.My question is: is there a way I can use a 230v-50Hz inverter with a voltage converter (for example) to bring the voltage down to 120v? Any help will be appreciated.I am lost and I would like to be able to help this customer and perhaps even sell him what he needs.Thanks.

My question is: is there a way I can use a 230v-50Hz inverter with a voltage converter (for example) to bring the voltage down to 120v? Any help will be appreciated.I am lost and I would like to be able to help this customer and perhaps even sell him what he needs.Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use a step down tranformer 220v/110v 110v/220v same thing either way. I dont know about sold-state converters though, as thay usualy need sine wave and the sistem you refered to was ups or inverter and thay are usualy square wave(but the good old tranformer will still work on it).
    Hope it was helpfull.

just a side note for those ex.... out there this site offers a-lot of info from biginers to advansed check it out
    500 WATT DC-AC by SM0VPO

and here's a simple inverter(not my property) took me about 5 min including soursing the parts in my workshop from the same webpage as above.(still square wave but works great for backup power.)
    psu_inverter_15min.jpg
    Last edited by ob1; 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X