Healed From Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healed From Alcohol

I was in the US Navy for twenty three years. I had not really drunk much of any type of Alcohol before I entered active duty. After I got on my first ship and deployed overseas there was not much of anything to do when we got into port except to drink at the clubs.
    It did not take too many years before I knew I had a drinking problem, but thought I could handle it.
    I was always broke and had a hard time paying my bills and feeding my family.
    I kind of was a mean drunk, and would argue and fight anyone anytime.
    I began to come to work a little late on a frequent basis, but always called my Chief to offer some excuse of why I was going to be late.
    I would go to the bars after work in the US and at lunch I would have a few shots and a picture of beer with my lunch.
    I made it back on base and to the ship or the shop when I was on Shore duty and spent most of the afternoon doing paperwork in my office. Actually it was spent half dozing off and answering the phone if it rang.
    After numerous meetings with my Chief or Operations officer I knew something had to change, but I did not know how.
    I was warned that if I did not seek some help They may have to take me to Captains Mast and that could have been disastrous to my career.
    It was about that time I was invited to a Bible Study at the home of one of the Shipyard workers. I attended on and off for two years.
    At or near the end of the two years I was working on my ship in a work space where a group of Navigators met at lunch to study the Bible. They asked me a few times, and I said No I got work to do and they would ask me the next time.
    One day, I was working on a ladder in that space and more of my attention was focused on their Bible study lesson than on my work. I realized later that they were talking just loud enough tor me to hear what they were discussing. They again asked me to join in, and I said, Sure why not.
    They were discussing John 3:16 which tells us, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
    Then they went on to what they called the Romans Road. It tells that, All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God, and the wages of that sin is death. they also told that even though we all have sinned and deserve to spend an eternity of separation from God.
    They showed me that while we were separated from God by sin, God allowed his only begotten Son to Die on the cross for the sins of the world and for my sins. So even though the wages of that sin is death, the Free gift of God is eternal life in his Son, Jesus Christ.
    They showed me that once we recognize our sin nature and ask God for forgiveness, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    Then they showed me how to be forgiven and to have everlasting life in Christ Jesus. The Apostle Paul tells us to "believe in the Gospel that I preach unto you, which is the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ". He said we must Believe in our Heart and profess with our Mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe that Jesus Christ Died, was buried and rose from the Dead.
    I bowed my head and tried to ask God to forgive me and to my profession of Faith In Jesus Christ as my Savior.
    It was like a dark being had his hand on my throat and was squeezing it preventing me from making my profession of faith. The Navigators surrounded me and laid hands on me and began to pray over me. It was just a short while and I began to speak better as time went on.
    After I prayed and asked God to forgive me and professed my belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I felt like a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders and a peace came over me and I knew that the Holy Spirit of God had come into me.
    During my prayers I asked God to take the desire for Alcohol away from me. God was faithful and I have not taken any Alcohol since Oct 1978.
    It was like a miracle the events that happened next over the years.
    I must say that becoming a Born Again Believer in Jesus Christ did not solve all my challenges.
    My first wife and I eventually broke up. She said that "You have become a wonderful Christian man and father to our kids, but I am not in Love with you any more and I am leaving".
    She has become a good friend to myself and my wife over the years.
    I gave her our Restored 1978 Lincoln Continental. she loaded up her clothes in the car, the Saddle for her horse in the trunk. She proceeded to tie her Mare to the trailer ball, and slowly drove off into the sunrise, towing her horse behind my beautiful Lincoln.
    I became a single Dad, trying to raise my two children on my own as she said it would be better if I took care of them.
    My finances got better, (Duh?) due not to be spending a lot of my pay on booze.
    Our Children started going to church with me and after awhile they both made their professions of faith in Jesus Christ as Their Savior.
    With help from a few kind neighbors for three years and many calls to my US Navy Detailer, I made it to retirement and that went off very good.
    I had numerous jobs since retirement and operated a few business's.
    I am now in semi retirement from my towing business and making plans for the next phase of my life. One plan I am working on is to build up my Online Marketing business to help prepare better financially for later in life.
    I am also being treated for Skin Cancer which is now gone and for Chronic Lymphocyte Leukemia with a Natural Alternative Herbal treatment daily oral doses of Hemp Oil with THC. I found this Cancer Cure on Mr. Rick Simpsons site: Phoenix Tears
    I am completely legal with my state and have the official State MMJ ID card.
    More on my cancer treatment later in another post.

YOU WILL HEAL, and thank you
    please KEEP RECORDS OF YOUR TESTS

Comment

Towjoe42, thanks for the story, and the message that is so good to hear.
      I think Rick simpson deserves a round of applause too.
      best wishes and good luck for the future.

Regards, Bren.

Comment

we consider this will be helpful for our power we depend on our strong muscles it provide a chance for raising capacity.
        Best Overland Park Gym

Comment

Then they revealed me how to be pardoned and to have long term lifestyle in Jesus God. The Apostle John informs us to "believe in the Gospel that I teach unto you, which is the Dying, Funeral and Resurrection of God Christ". He said we must Believe in our Center and claim with our Lips that God is Master and believe that God Jesus Passed away, was laid to rest and increased from the Deceased.
          Fitness Trainer Orlando

Comment

will pray for you :]
            Darla

Comment

Working...
            X