PDA

View Full Version : bedini restore batery

Powers
05-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey guys I'm going to build new BEDINI circuit
I want to ask which version BEDINI circuit is more useful to restore an old car battery

A) classical SSG bififilar coil, 3055
(I put the battery restores long but not restored and completely)

B) BEDINI multistrand coil
1 Trigger
4 x power coil
transistor 3055

C) BEDINI cole n-pole motor?

which version best suits me?

my priorities are
1 A recovery of car batteries have about 44Ah
2 efficiency good cop is the second

mam rotor ready now with 6 magnets 5x3x1.8 cm
thanks im from slovakia i have poor english sorry

blackchisel97
05-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey guys I'm going to build new BEDINI circuit
I want to ask which version BEDINI circuit is more useful to restore an old car battery

A) classical SSG bififilar coil, 3055
(I put the battery restores long but not restored and completely)

B) BEDINI multistrand coil
1 Trigger
4 x power coil
transistor 3055

C) BEDINI cole n-pole motor?

which version best suits me?

my priorities are
1 A recovery of car batteries have about 44Ah
2 efficiency good cop is the second

mam rotor ready now with 6 magnets 5x3x1.8 cm
thanks im from slovakia i have poor english sorry

Hi Powers From my experience, most efficient battery rejuvenator is multistrand either with rotor or solid state or even trifilar solid state.
If you're looking for efficient rejuvenator which doesn't cost alot to build I would suggest trifilar, where the third winding goes to the bridge rectifier and battery. I would wind coil with three strands, twisted, 100' each AWG#18 and use MJL21194 if possible.
If you want to use rotor then make multifilar coil (3 to 8 strands of AWG#18 - 21, depending of what you have. I would wind about 120' or 36m of each, twisted together).

:cheers:
Vtech

mbrownn
05-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Hi Powers From my experience, most efficient battery rejuvenator is multistrand either with rotor or solid state or even trifilar solid state.
If you're looking for efficient rejuvenator which doesn't cost alot to build I would suggest trifilar, where the third winding goes to the bridge rectifier and battery. I would wind coil with three strands, twisted, 100' each AWG#18 and use MJL21194 if possible.
If you want to use rotor then make multifilar coil (3 to 8 strands of AWG#18 - 21, depending of what you have. I would wind about 120' or 36m of each, twisted together).

Vtech

Wouldn't the bridge on the third winding cause a negative charge, changing how the battery works? This is the SG circuit without the capacitor dump?

I would use an SSG circuit that could be bifilar or multifilar, the output will excellent at recovery and charging.

To get the best results on a 44Ah battery your system will need to draw 2.2 amps.

I have done it on a 60Ah battery, with a trifilar SSG running at 0.16 amps but it took two months to recover and the capacity is still way down.

blackchisel97
05-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Wouldn't the bridge on the third winding cause a negative charge, changing how the battery works? This is the SG circuit without the capacitor dump?

I would use an SSG circuit that could be bifilar or multifilar, the output will excellent at recovery and charging.

To get the best results on a 44Ah battery your system will need to draw 2.2 amps.

I have done it on a 60Ah battery, with a trifilar SSG running at 0.16 amps but it took two months to recover and the capacity is still way down.

The only system I use capacitor dump is Picaxe driven Voltaic Amplifier. All other devices I built charge off the bridge or bridge with a cap across.
It usually takes 4-5 days to restore heavily sulfated 100Ah and often there is improvement after 24hrs. I just finished first stage - desulfating of another large marine battery. It had only one cell responding at first, additional two came alive within 16hrs and next two within 24hrs. It took almost 48 hrs for the last cell. Now I started discharging. She had resting voltage of 12.9V
I charge up to 15 - 15.5V for as long as it takes (day, two, five) then let it stabilize and discharge down to 12.5V resting voltage. Rest again and repeat the process to format battery at least 4 - 5 times monitoring capacity and density of electrolyte.

Vtech

mbrownn
05-28-2011, 10:24 AM
The only system I use capacitor dump is Picaxe driven Voltaic Amplifier. All other devices I built charge off the bridge or bridge with a cap across.
It usually takes 4-5 days to restore heavily sulfated 100Ah and often there is improvement after 24hrs. I just finished first stage - desulfating of another large marine battery. It had only one cell responding at first, additional two came alive within 16hrs and next two within 24hrs. It took almost 48 hrs for the last cell. Now I started discharging. She had resting voltage of 12.9V
I charge up to 15 - 15.5V for as long as it takes (day, two, five) then let it stabilize and discharge down to 12.5V resting voltage. Rest again and repeat the process to format battery at least 4 - 5 times monitoring capacity and density of electrolyte.

Vtech

When using a trifler wound Imhotep fan with a bridge on the third coil I changed the way my battery worked. It would not charge normally and appeared shorted although it would charge on the bridge of the fan. after a few cycles the acid in the battery was full of white crystals and the battery died, this was a new battery. I assumed it was the negative energy that did this. What do you think?

This is a little off topic but I don't want to give powers any problems from the start, that's why I recommended the SSG circuit.

Powers
05-30-2011, 07:48 PM
thanks folks :) i post my result later

Powers
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
hello my idea is as follows

multistrand BEDINI with rotor

Trigger wire is 26 awg and 21 awg power wire
wire is 36-40 meters long,,
minimal 3x power wire max around 5-6x
Coil size is my Spool sufficient?
have a width of 7 cm and 7 cm length to
core 1.5 cm

tranzistor i wille tip 41c then later mjl21194
how many turns should have a coil? 800-1000 ??

blackchisel97
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
hello my idea is as follows

multistrand BEDINI with rotor

Trigger wire is 26 awg and 21 awg power wire
wire is 36-40 meters long,,
minimal 3x power wire max around 5-6x
Coil size is my Spool sufficient?
have a width of 7 cm and 7 cm length to
core 1.5 cm

tranzistor i wille tip 41c then later mjl21194
how many turns should have a coil? 800-1000 ??

I would suggest to stay within 2 sizes apart between trigger and power coils, eg. #23/#21.
I would use 100 -120' of each wire. (36 -40m is ok)
Your spool is fine and you should be able to fit 6 twisted wires on it. Core diameter of 1.5cm is fine.
Make sure you have good core material such as 1.5mm iron welding rods. There is no need to coat them with paint or lacquer individually but secure the bundle in the spool with good epoxy. Any loose piece may get pulled out and ruin your rotor, magnets and spools. Same applies to the magnets. Even with good glue it doesn't hurt to wrap your rotor around with good reinforced tape.
Change your transistor to MJL21194 as soon as you can. TIP41 is really poor and will affect performance. More prone to "sudden death syndrome" too.
You'll have to experiment with base resistance to find a "sweet spot". Once determined I would replace the pot with 5 - 10W resistor and small bulb.

V

Powers
06-01-2011, 05:41 PM
thank you my friend :cheers:

Guruji
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi sucahyo bridge to a normal bedini but self oscillating found it very good. Just put an FWBR to a bedini with an ac cap to oneside of the bridge to give positive and negative charge.
Thanks

Powers
06-02-2011, 09:44 AM
thanks for tip im not exactly understandt what is FWBR is this?

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/ssgfwbr.png/)
Today I got awg 23wire for triger

Powers
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
pls send me schematic of suchayo bedini fwbr .. very thanks

blackchisel97
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
pls send me schematic of suchayo bedini fwbr .. very thanks

FWBR stands for a Full Wave Bridge Rectifier, also known as Graetz Bridge.
Third winding is connected to the bridge and its pos/neg are connected respectively to the charging battery.

V

Powers
06-03-2011, 08:28 AM
oKej
yesterday i wound my coil around 40meters wire ,1x triger 5x power coil twisted in to one cable ...

today i construct my circuit this is my "scheme"
my s chceme is corect or have better scheme ??

tranzistor maybe 3055 for test
I need to buy mjl21194

Powers
06-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Third winding is connected to the bridge and its pos/neg are connected respectively to the charging battery.

V

thanks fwbr give later ,, on begining give ond diod for test

sucahyo
06-03-2011, 08:35 AM

VNo, mine is different because my FWBR is used on primary coil, mainly with addition of capacitor. The purposes:
- make the radiant impure / adding normal electricity
- to combine two or more radiant circuit output
- utilization of primary coil.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6277/latestcombiner.png

Powers
06-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I built a circuit of two transistors

When running all the neon glow

Is this correct?

grey is no plug tranzistor(plug later)

curernt draw is 0.3A-0,11A

blackchisel97
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I built a circuit of two transistors

When running all the neon glow

Is this correct?

grey is no plug tranzistor(plug later)

curernt draw is 0.3A-0,11A

Yes, this is correct.
V

Powers
06-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi yesterday I built it completely

my BEDINI "locomotive" shall consume about 2.4A in max mode
when the potentiometer to 0 ohm only 100 ohm base resistors ...

rotor spins very fast .. I feel the wind:)

My previous engine had BEDINI consumption 0.18A but not getting into the battery state of charge .. always got it from 10.8 to 11.2V it is still wrong ... Charging time was 2 days

Bedini locomotive after 90 min was charging the battery at 13.5V.

break after eight hours battery has 12.7V

I started discharging 5 watts LED lamp ....

Thank you all
and later send video

Powers
06-11-2011, 07:35 AM
YouTube - ‪"Lokomotive" Bedini‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrUe1YGsHc)

Powers
06-16-2011, 11:09 AM
i rejuvenate my first batery im happy but battery not have full capacity ...
batery have only 3 cycle ,, each cycle is battery better ....

my new idea is solar extracter

for explanation

i have Batery 1 (B1) and Battery 2 (B2)

B1 hat 14.1V
B2 hat 12.1

if conect B1 a B2 paralel
B1 will charge B2 curent 2A (its only for excample )

my charge performace is 14.1-12.1x2A=2x2=4 wat
Similar chargin is by solar panel
i will beeter charge performace than 4wat

Idea is simple
On my solar panel connet coil and switching(by transistor) but for example switch
when switch on coil create magnetic field
when switch of coil magnetic field colabsing create spike and
energy flow into batery 2 a charging his

question is simple i can have beter charge performace than 4wat ??
switching coil bedini style... maybe joule thief ??

------------------

Powers
06-16-2011, 11:25 AM
my simple idea

SkyWatcher
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi folks, Hi powers, on your simple idea solar charger, why not just switch one leg or do both legs need to be switched.

I wanted to share my experience with trying to bring back my 12 volt 7 AH gel lead acid batteries.
Over time they have all been taking a charge, however they are all sitting around 12.4-12.5 volts.
So I decided to completely remove as much charge from one of them, once discharged using a 12 volt auto tail light bulb until it could no longer light, I then placed a wire across the terminals to short the battery and remove even more charge.
Then I placed a couple leds in series across the battery and let it drain for days, then i placed a single led across battery and let it drain for a couple days.
The idea was to re-balance the cell voltage and it worked very well, since the cells were not damaged or overly sulfated, I was able to bring the battery back up to 12.75 volts standing voltage.
Now that the 6 cells inside the lead acid battery are more balanced, this battery will give me greater amp hours and with further Bedini radiant pulse charging.
I now think I can get all my batteries back to like new or better status, as long as any of cells are not overly sulfated.
I am now doing this with all my lead acids to bring them back to there normal voltage.
Hope this helps anyone and any comments or questions are welcome.
peace love light
tyson:sun:

Powers
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi I added two switches only demonstration

for source separated from the coil and magnetic field collapses

i have many bad car battery ... cell tip for balance, I would need to explain better, because I do not know English well (... at school I learned German) I am from Slovakia ..

pls give me a schematic picture thx

Powers
07-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi what experience you have with the renovation of Li-ion laptop battery?
Bedini with?
I started before yesterday in the 0V

and now the battery has 16V
capacity is questionable .. hmmm

herlander
12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi folks, Hi powers, on your simple idea solar charger, why not just switch one leg or do both legs need to be switched.

I wanted to share my experience with trying to bring back my 12 volt 7 AH gel lead acid batteries.
Over time they have all been taking a charge, however they are all sitting around 12.4-12.5 volts.
So I decided to completely remove as much charge from one of them, once discharged using a 12 volt auto tail light bulb until it could no longer light, I then placed a wire across the terminals to short the battery and remove even more charge.
Then I placed a couple leds in series across the battery and let it drain for days, then i placed a single led across battery and let it drain for a couple days.
The idea was to re-balance the cell voltage and it worked very well, since the cells were not damaged or overly sulfated, I was able to bring the battery back up to 12.75 volts standing voltage.
Now that the 6 cells inside the lead acid battery are more balanced, this battery will give me greater amp hours and with further Bedini radiant pulse charging.
I now think I can get all my batteries back to like new or better status, as long as any of cells are not overly sulfated.
I am now doing this with all my lead acids to bring them back to there normal voltage.
Hope this helps anyone and any comments or questions are welcome.
peace love light

Hi Skywatcher, I'm new on this, and there are several things i don't understand. I have my car's battery with problems. If i charge it about 10 minutes, it has enough power to start engine. Every time i need to give charge to put it work. The car was parked about 5 months and this was a problem for battery. Now i want to make something based on your experience. Do you advise me to completely discharge batery and then put it on charge? And about charge, how to do it?

SkyWatcher
12-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi herlander, see joule ringer thread and bedini oscillator thread for more information.
Though you'll need a decent radiant charger with a good amount of voltage and a little current on the output to start to rejuvenate a car battery. I had no luck with my old car battery because two or three cells were shorted and the sides of the battery were bulged out, so physical damage like that can't be repaired with a charger.
peace love light

blackchisel97
12-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure if this posting isn't violating any Forum rules, if so pls. remove it.
Due to some financial problems I have to trade some of my stuff. I have tested and working (for the past 3 years) solid state charger with trifilar AWG#18 coil and MJL21194. This is a replica of John Bedini circuit with inverted trigger. Circuit is mounted on wooden base with two digital readouts - input V and charging battery monitoring also, analog input A meter. I can supply pictures. I didn't make up my mind yet about the rotor for 6 coiler and other prototypes. Some can be seen in my youtube channel. I'm not comfortable posting such offer here but I don't have many options left. I can be reached via PM or youtube.

Thanks
V

Aaron
12-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure if this posting isn't violating any Forum rules, if so pls. remove it.
Due to some financial problems I have to trade some of my stuff. I have tested and working (for the past 3 years) solid state charger with trifilar AWG#18 coil and MJL21194. This is a replica of John Bedini circuit with inverted trigger. Circuit is mounted on wooden base with two digital readouts - input V and charging battery monitoring also, analog input A meter. I can supply pictures. I didn't make up my mind yet about the rotor for 6 coiler and other prototypes. Some can be seen in my youtube channel. I'm not comfortable posting such offer here but I don't have many options left. I can be reached via PM or youtube.

Thanks
V

Post away, you're not a spammer.

Pics and other details are useful.

blackchisel97
12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Thank you Aaron.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/Blackchisel/DSC00419.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/Blackchisel/DSC00420.jpg
This is my replication of trifilar solid state energizer/battery desulfator based on John Bedini design. Trifilar untwisted AWG#18, MJL21194, 50A FWBR. I used this energizer with variable input so it also consist of DC/DC converter at the input. Converter maybe removed and used for different purpose. This is 3-27V 5A converter which can be hooked up to either AC or DC source. There is a pot allowing to set at desirable output V. Analog A meter is connected in series with input which allows to determine sulfation or detect shorted cell. Battery impedance will change from high to low during restoration process which will reflect on A reading (circuit will draw less in time). There is 12V 5W bulb in series with trigger winding. Right now circuit is connected withe inverted trigger (trigger wire to positive instead of negative of input source) and it is capable of restoring car battery in reasonable time. Of course it can be changed to "normal" configuration by reconnecting trigger wire. Higher than 12V input will require adjusting base resistance for proper tuning and waveform. Small fan was added mainly for cooling converter part when running on higher input ( > 20V).
There is a digital monitoring of input V and charging battery V however, charging battery meter is connected via switch so it will not affect charging process and prevent the meter from being damaged by hv pulses.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/Blackchisel/DSC00421.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/Blackchisel/DSC00422.jpg

This is one of my early prototypes of SSG. HD rotor consist of 6 double ceramic magnets epoxied between CD's. Bifilar coil and MJL21194 (which is overkill for this project and can be substituted for MJE3055 or similar).
There is an option to charge with negative via 1N4007 from the collector or from FWBR soldered into the pcb. Analog A meter allows to monitor and tune the circuit. When powered from 12V adapter (included) it takes about 200 -250mA. This circuit was built to study pulse charging effect on smaller batteries up to 4 - 7Ahr lead acid but it was also used to charge AA rechargeables in series via bridge. There is a pot allowing to tune in and it skips in one place. It still works ok. I don't have another one to replace it.
Both circuits are fully functional and being tested over long period of time.
I hope someone could benefit from them as much as I did and full credit should go to John Bedini. I merely replicated his invention.

PS. I also decided to part with aluminum rotor. It measures 6" dia x 2" thick/ There are 6 slots machined for double stack ceramic magnets (such as those from Rick). Rotor comes with double bearings and stainless shaft with flange. It can be seen on my youtube vid - tuning SSG with LED. This rotor was quite expensive (over $300) but I'm open to offers.

Thanks
V