Wind and wave farms could affect Earth's energy balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind and wave farms could affect Earth's energy balance

He concludes that it is a mistake to assume that energy sources like wind and waves are truly renewable. Build enough wind farms to replace fossil fuels, he says, and we could seriously deplete the energy available in the atmosphere, with consequences as dire as severe climate change.

Wind and wave farms could affect Earth's energy balance - environment - 30 March 2011 - New Scientist

Dont trust any German Scientist, they are brainwashed and braindead. lol.
    Suck from the enviroment, Oh shure. So where does the Power now come from at a Atomic power plant and all other Generators like Cars atm? Biological from Walmart. Huh.
    And all the Years before all Power Station did suck it from the Enviroment. Yeah right. Great Scientists. But they wanna teach at the other Side, that Energy comes with crossing Fluxlines. And suddenly, they found a new Hole to crouch in, its taken from the Enviroment, or her screwed Law of Thermodynamics dont work anymore. Poor Mr Milkovic.

And at the other Side, they flood every Corner with Electrical Emissions from her Crap Installations anywhere. Yeah, just dont mention that, but we suck from the Enviroment, because it match so well to her Theories.
    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

what a load of crap, just one mountain deflects more wind than all the wind mills that we can possibly build. What are their facts based on? the moon?just anther scientist paid by the mainstream oil cartel, to feed us lies . Just to keep us buying their oil to the last drop or else. lol

cheers ztec2002
      Last edited by ztec2002; 05-18-2011, 04:02 AM.

Comment

ELF on wind farms

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
        He concludes that it is a mistake to assume that energy sources like wind and waves are truly renewable. Build enough wind farms to replace fossil fuels, he says, and we could seriously deplete the energy available in the atmosphere, with consequences as dire as severe climate change.

Wind and wave farms could affect Earth's energy balance - environment - 30 March 2011 - New Scientist
        What worries me more is the ELF that is making people physically sick.
        I saw a documentary on it recently but can't find it. The people out of Ballarat had to move off their farm as they couldn't stand it any more.

Comment

Strongly against taking ANY energy from Earth.

I see taking Nuclear,Gas,Oil,Solar,wind, tidal, hydro-electric, gethermal as totally redundant, inefficient, dangerous, arrogant and irresposible, when there is an infinate ocean of Aether to be tapped.
          Further I find it natural and intuitive to reason that taking energy from Wind, Tidal and Geothermal ANY Earth resource is parasitic suicidal counter-productive theft from the patron of which we are the custodians.
          It is further testament to man's ignorence, arrogance and disrespect for Earth & ourselves

Perhaps there will be a day when our understanding is sufficient that we may gently sway or influence these forces to our mutual benifit but I would choose to err on the side of caution.

Comment

Yes,I agree.Only aether can be utilized and even that not without risks.

Comment

yep agreed

I do not believe that there is any resources available for pillage without consequence! Who cane prove that there is this great ever lasting either energy pool anyway?
              The history of science shows that theories are perishable.With every new truth that is revealed,we get a better understanding of Nature and our conceptions and views are modified. - Nikola Tesla

Comment

When it comes to energy it's like the politics of food propaganda. For every percent you can sway people away from one type of food to another type you have just moved billions of dollars in public spending. The best way to do that is buy some researchers who will lean toward what you want to prove. Publish their results widely and watch your profits soar. So unless you do exhaustive research in following the money trail of where such information comes from you need to be very suspicious of it's validity.

I sense that big oil is starting to get worried. That article on wind farms has a lot of holes in it and is full on nonsensical speculation while ignoring the factors of oil usage.
                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

What is here to consider ? It's simple. If there is a cloud full of rain and a wind is pushing it on location of cereal cultivation area and there is a wind farm in that path you know what will happen...

Comment

Well, i do or do not believe.... will still end up in believing and not knowing.
                    I do not believe that there is any resources available for pillage without consequence
                    Energy, or Power usual exists between 2 opposite Potentials.
                    Do anyone 'believe' that you can suck out the Enviroment with laying to much Generators to eachother and they do not produce Energy anymore?
                    Or an other Example, when you would build a lot Watermills, do anyone think, the Water dont flows the River anymore?

And Who knows really, if the Earth is driven by the Sun or other Forces, as by itself.
                    When someone would make such, kinda early Statements as this Guy there, usual, Peoples get called crazy.

One thing i could consider is, when there are to much Windmills, that it could create a Speedup effect in Winds, like in Tunnels, but seriously, are the Windmills build in Tunnels?
                    Last edited by Joit; 05-21-2011, 06:52 AM.
                    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

But seriously, i think, the Goverments give a Damn on it.
                      They have Technology and Physik, what is different from the Mainstream and 50 Years in front.
                      Whereelse goes the Technology, what they do supress.
                      There is a book out from P Violette who talks about a lot of Things.
                      And therefor, its more like, that they try to sproad a new Scam.

Comment

How many here have seen a wind farm? I've seen quite a few and some had an extensive number of them covering a lot of hillside. They are not packed like sardines. And some of the big ones can generate a LOT of power with each individual windmill. Yet I can assure you they do not slow down the wind blowing and a forest of trees will do much more to divert the wind but only so some of it goes over the top of them.

They talk about heat being generated by them as if that's something significant. It's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the heat generated by gas powered engines, coal fired power and so on. This whole idea that there is some negative effect from windmills is

The biggest real complaint and may be part of what's driving this is those who live in areas being considered for wind farms are concerned about the cosmetic effect. They don't want to see them and while I could understand it is a small concern compared to the alternative negative effects from most other traditional power sources.
                        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

The previos course at the university I studied eolic technology.

Even though I cannot claim any real deep knowledge I don't think that harvesting wind energy will have a negative impact.

Wind is created by the Sun rays hitting the Earth in an asymetric way. Some places are heated the most (Ecuador) and some places are the least heated (poles). This asymetry creates the different wind currents (there are 3 areas of currents between Ecuador and poles).

I think that a wind farm has the same effect in the wind as a forrest and nobody complains abuot the effect of forrests.

but I could be wrong.
                          Last edited by bugler; 05-21-2011, 05:43 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

That is ridiculous

It is obvious that the oil cartels are afraid of losing profit. Our cities with large
                            buildings then must be the main obstacle for wind, not the wind turbines! or
                            maybe that was why they demolished the twin towers! That was the most
                            non-sense article I have read so far.

According to thermodynamics laws, Earth cannot cool down ever, you know
                            why? Because it is absorbing energy from the sun ALL the time, and how is
                            that it cools down? Where does the extra heat go? It cannot escape to the
                            vacuum of space. If we could convert heat to cold, and take energy from it,
                            we are decreasing entropy, but that is what Earth does, takes the warmth
                            from the sun and converts it to life! If it were not so, we would die because of
                            the indefinite warming of the planet by the Sun.

This was only one example how their flawed understanding leads us to believe.
                            Now how come they judge about "sucking energy from the wind" by using their
                            flawed science? That is based on their flawed beliefs.

Certainly dams, nuclear power plants, and fossil fuels power plants are causing
                            the most harm to the ecosystem than wind farms.

Belief in lack and destruction is the main cause of such articles, as the first commenter says:
                            interesting study that firms up my gut instinct that, somehow, renewables were too good to be true at some basic level
                            I feel sorry about how these people see the world, a dead world approaching
                            destruction. These people have lost their ability to see beauty and
                            abundance, not realizing that their body is the perfect example of
                            "too good to be true."
                            Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                            http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

This was a subject I was thinking about a little while back, as the world relies on some movement of air to maintain weather systems and temperatures, would the windmills remove some of its energy and slow down the airstreams. The more I've read here, the more I agree with those saying that the windmills would have a very negligible or even no effect.
                              As most of the winds which affect weather would be acting above the height of the windmills I can't see them changing anything. I guess it would have to be tested and we'd find out any problems in a few generations time.

Comment

Working...
                              X