Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natural gas reformer

Dear all,
    I'm searching for natural gas reformer to produce hydrogen to use it in fuel cell (PEMFC).
    The rating of the reformer is:
    0.1 Kg/hour ( the production of hydrogen)
    could any one help me to find the suitable company which sells this reformer?
    thanks

reformer

Originally posted by sherif_imam View Post
    Dear all,
    I'm searching for natural gas reformer to produce hydrogen to use it in fuel cell (PEMFC).
    The rating of the reformer is:
    0.1 Kg/hour ( the production of hydrogen)
    could any one help me to find the suitable company which sells this reformer?
    thanks
    Hi sherif_imam,

You would likely be better off building your own. There are plans and instructions all over the internet. You will probably end up using almost pure platinum mesh as the catalyst because the 'big boys' have the resources to produce their 'alloyed' catalyst ... cause they got the bucks. It's just a combustor that burns kinda rich and sends it's products through the cat to make to increased C and O to form better regulate the balance of CO and CO2 waste. It just strips off as much hydrogen as possible.

I had an intense interest in reformers at one time as well as PEM Cells. I thought they might be the great 'mid-ground' for stripping hydrogen from gasoline to power the fuel cells for all-electric cars. In this way, you could have the range of a gas powered car and the efficiency of an electric and NO weight penalty (you know ... batteries). But 'power cells' are about to take a quantum leap in capacity and low cost, so why don't you just wait for that ... it's a' comin'.

Later

Comment

Working...
    X