Invisibility Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisibility Suit

I remember some years ago I saw a .pdf of an old magazine or newspaper page about invisibility. It showed a series of photos of a man in a silver suit (like a fire-proximity suit, not a tux) grabbing a metal beam above his head, becoming gradually more invisible as if spreading from the beam. I don't remember what the text said, but I think it said something about the metal bar being a power supply of some sort.

Everything I try looking up about invisibility either ends up being about The Invisible Man, microwave invisibility camera & projector systems or this footage of a soldier that appears invisible. While that video is neat, it doesn't exactly tell me anything about how it would or could work. (even if the .pdf I remember of is of a fake)

I'm not crazy, I can't be the only one to have seen this at some point. I used to have it saved on my computer, but I lost it. The only other thing I remember about it was that it wasn't in color.

Comment

u are mad

They have made invisable planes so i here, the background is displayed on "tv screen panels" on the plane makeing it appear invisable. Dont quote me on that, it could be done with a suit, maybe?

Comment

I was referring to something clearly older than that. It was a suit. on a human. I remember it being in black and white, so it would have to predate flat-panel displays.

Comment

Metamaterial

Metamaterial Revolution: The New Science of Making Anything Disappear | Light | DISCOVER Magazine
          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Thanks anyway, but I found it. I knew the article I was looking for was really old & unscientific. I didn't think it would be a Popular Mechanics magazine from 1934.

To anyone interested:
            Impossible Science - Amazing True Stories of Impossible Science
            The .PDF itself

Comment

Working...
            X