Tesla's electric car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's electric car

I'm very intrigued by Tesla's electric car. It has been haunting me ever since learning about it.

I've read on here about an 'invisible antenna' and am shooting this idea off in hopes that someone here has tested something like it. I know many have been able to duplicate free energy tests using Tesla's radiant patent which requires a ground and an atmospheric antenna. But what if we didn't need huge antennas but a simple device which created an invisible antenna shooting up many feet into the air, and many feet into the ground?

So what if those two 3" metal rods Tesla had were the antennas, and he used his bifilar wound coil in series to magnify the size of the little rods? Does this make any sense or am I crazy? This would also explain the need for the 12 volt battery on the car to energize and create the invisible antenna so that it could then suck in the power. I got this idea from Steven Mark who wrote in a letter that he was inspired by a story about an old tube television that was able to release so much energy it pulled nails out of the walls (maybe the ears were aimed just right, and aluminum was also used? I hear a lot about aluminum on these types of devices)

So with the solenoid type coils, the diode wouldn't even be necessary, or would it? Electromagnetic diode?

Nobody has any input? I believe that Steven Mark's device as well as the Witt.s flu.x transformer to work in the same manner.

Comment

I'm certainly interested, though for models rather than actually powering a full on vehicle. Wasn't there some form of coil and antennae behind the dashboard on Tesla's car ? It's quite possible that it unfortunately never existed in the 90mph care free motoring way as cited.

Here's what i've found regarding the famous 1931 Pierce Arrow, you may have other sources: 1931 Electric Pierce Arrow | Tesla FAQ No. 16 | Interesting Facts About Nikola Tesla

With
      "I have related the circumstances which led me to develop the idea of a self-propelled automaton. My experiments were begun sometime in '92 and from that period, on, until '95, in my laboratory at 35 South Fifth Avenue, I exhibited a number of contrivances and perfected plans for several complete automata. After the destruction of my laboratory by fire in '95, there was an interruption in these labors which, however, were resumed in '96 in my new laboratory at 46 Houston Street where I made more striking demonstrations, in many instances actually transmitting the whole motive energy to the devices instead of simply controlling the same from a distance. . . "

and
      "An article appearing in the New York Daily News, April 2, 1934 titled "Tesla's Wireless Power Dream Nears Reality" mentions the planned "test run of a motor car [for a distance of 30 or 40 miles] over a stretch of [Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe] railway track [running from Boise City, Oklahoma] to Farley, N. M." using wireless transmission of electrical energy to power the vehicle. The equipment was assembled by "two Californians" and is described as "including a high-powered radio transmitter with big coils and and short antenna."

'two Californians' lol, I wonder what was the implied meaning.

Your coils idea should be tried out for sure. It has similarities to a resonant choke method i've been recently contemplating and so would offer clues and results for other interested people with tangential ideas.

My own forays have produced a helicopter type thing that can lift itself into the air, also a micro sized car, that charges with wireless electricity and runs around then on its onboard battery. So, part way there maybe

Here's the Micro Tesla Titan:
      YouTube - Micro Tesla Titan - wireless power fueled
      Last edited by Slider2732; 04-30-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Take a look at this site which seems to propose the circuit in Tesla's 'box'.
        http://www.pyrazo.com/

It's a bit odd there is nothing else at this site, no contact, no other pages or links of any kind. I even looked up the admin contact for the site and sent an email but no response.
        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
          Take a look at this site which seems to propose the circuit in Tesla's 'box'.
          http://www.pyrazo.com/

It's a bit odd there is nothing else at this site, no contact, no other pages or links of any kind. I even looked up the admin contact for the site and sent an email but no response.
          Interesting site. Seems like most sites list the vacuum tubes not all being the same. That makes it difficult. Lots of interesting information there. It does list a ground and an antenna though, and thats part of the key.

One thing I also noticed is that just because the motor said 1800 rpm on it doesn't mean that it is limited to 1800 rpm. I'm pretty sure you can at least double that by doubling the frequency. Tesla did say the motor got pretty hot so its very likely that he wasn't operating the motor at 60 hz.

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

I'm going to try building that Tesla energy from the air circuit as shown on a youtube video.

It doesn't have a ground but only an antenna. Does anyone think I can substitute the diodes? I have a couple old power supplies and can't get an exact match for all the components. I'd rather go with free supplies even though the parts are ridiculously cheap to build the circuit.

I think that will help with understanding the free energy from the air a bit more.
            Last edited by jtanguay; 04-30-2011, 08:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add something.

Comment

i think tesla`s electric car died when the banks cut off funding to his wireless electricity, they could not put a meter onto wireless electricty, end of development.

Comment

Hehe, the infamous wonder circuit that can charge cellphones from the air...as long as they are very old cellphones ! The circuit works, it's a voltage doubler, but it produces uA outputs. A long enough aerial and about a dozen of those are needed for an LED, so say some that seem to know something on the YouTube comments. I built one recently, but have no accurate voltmeter.
                Your power supplies are likely to have 1N4007 or other larger black cased diodes. The ones that give the lowest voltage drop are Schottky diodes, normally much smaller and clear glass to look at, with a painted band (yellow or black) to indicate polarity - 0.3V drop instead of 0.6V-0.8V. Can find such diodes on junk circuit boards. If you put an ad on Freecycle for a computer monitor you'll get tons of the right components, a big useful coil from the degauss circuit, perhaps a very useful couple of miles of copper wire from the tube neck and plenty of transistors, connectors, caps, resistors, the lot. Make sure to get one that's not been switched on for a few months, the tube can hold HV for quite some time.
                Germaniums are most often found in 1970's/80's pocket radios. Yard sales and the like fodder...20c each type of situation if in the USA. Saying that, I found 4 on a 1970's cash register that someone gave me a while back.

Having read all the Keely pages now, it's all very absorbing, in a few senses of the word. The tubes and their connections in the Pyros (noting there seem to be 12) look to be functional in a similar way. Take the HV, rectify, amplify the current, output to the load.
                The resonant tuned frequency is very much radio related, so that's my direction at the moment. Hopefully to be scaled up in time.
                Last edited by Slider2732; 05-01-2011, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
                  Hehe, the infamous wonder circuit that can charge cellphones from the air...as long as they are very old cellphones ! The circuit works, it's a voltage doubler, but it produces uA outputs. A long enough aerial and about a dozen of those are needed for an LED, so say some that seem to know something on the YouTube comments. I built one recently, but have no accurate voltmeter.
                  Your power supplies are likely to have 1N4007 or other larger black cased diodes. The ones that give the lowest voltage drop are Schottky diodes, normally much smaller and clear glass to look at, with a painted band (yellow or black) to indicate polarity - 0.3V drop instead of 0.6V-0.8V. Can find such diodes on junk circuit boards. If you put an ad on Freecycle for a computer monitor you'll get tons of the right components, a big useful coil from the degauss circuit, perhaps a very useful couple of miles of copper wire from the tube neck and plenty of transistors, connectors, caps, resistors, the lot. Make sure to get one that's not been switched on for a few months, the tube can hold HV for quite some time.
                  Germaniums are most often found in 1970's/80's pocket radios. Yard sales and the like fodder...20c each type of situation if in the USA. Saying that, I found 4 on a 1970's cash register that someone gave me a while back.

Having read all the Keely pages now, it's all very absorbing, in a few senses of the word. The tubes and their connections in the Pyros (noting there seem to be 12) look to be functional in a similar way. Take the HV, rectify, amplify the current, output to the load.
                  The resonant tuned frequency is very much radio related, so that's my direction at the moment. Hopefully to be scaled up in time.
                  Thanks for the tip on the old monitor. One power supply I've opened has the clear glass diodes so I'll try to remove those and see what I can get. I can find the 50v 100uf capacitors but not the 2uf 50v ceramic ones. Power supplies seem to only have the 1kv ceramic ones. Still useful but I don't think so for the energy from air circuit.

Comment

Inventor3 on youtube

Inventor3 on youtube has already did many experiments with this circuit and got some interesting results. Should help you out some.

Here's the link to video 2 out of a bunch
                    YouTube - Free energy From Air Circuit part 2

Comment

I'll take a look at those vids myself

Btw, jtanguay, the capacitors are 0.2uF, much easier to source. An orange small disk type cap that has '104' written on it is a 0.1uF capacitor. If you parallel connect two of those, you get 0.2uF.

Comment

Working...
                      X