No announcement yet.

renewable energy source for $100-200???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renewable energy source for $100-200???

Is it true or not? I've found this page Earth 4 Energy at Alternative Energies which sais that you can easily make your own PV panels pr a windmill to reduce your energy bills and they propose a video instruction, and will even tell where you can get/buy the instruments and the components you need, and you will spend not less than $200 for PV and $100 for a windmill if you build it by your own. I've seen their introduction video and the screenshots, they are impressive. But I still don't know, should I buy it or not? The thing is that the price is very low and the information seems interesting. Can someone tell me smth about this proposition?
    Last edited by Jesse_Jay; 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM.

most of all those plan selling pages offer nothing more as what you can already find on internet for free. If you want cheap solar panels, just find some solar cells for cheap on ebay and solder them together at home by yourself. Ebay has some kits with all included - cells, solder wire, flux ect. It is a bit tricky, you probably will break several cells before you get it right, but it is worth it.
    It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

and for windmills....

Look up "Hugh Piggott" for some of the best windmill info on the net.
      For free.
      Good luck
      Stephen
      Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

OP is a spam poster: new user, first post just happens to be a new thread linking to a sales page. Although they did put some effort into their post.

. . .
        Regular service Signature:
        Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Brown View Post
          Look up "Hugh Piggott" for some of the best windmill info on the net.
          For free.
          Good luck
          Stephen
          YEs Hugh does a great job of explaining how to build a trubine from begining to end. Although he was a little vague when it came to alternator construction. Winding couts wire gauges etc. He would have been better off to say this is waht I use and you you can alter this way or that way for different results.
          Although If he had I may have never made soem of teh alternator improvements I came up with early on and an using in my current experiments.

But on a whole Hugh does a great job and I highly recommend his manual.
          Bizzy
          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

Suckered again.

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post
            OP is a spam poster: new user, first post just happens to be a new thread linking to a sales page. Although they did put some effort into their post.
            Savvypro,
            I hate that.
            You try to help out and.....
            Oh Well.
            Stephen
            Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

Working...
            X