Magnetic Shielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Shielding

Has anyone experimented with using layers of diamagnets and shielding metals.

I know one of the problems in using say mumetal is that it is very attracted to the magnets. My possible solution is to put a layer of a diamagnet such as bismuth in between the magnet and the mumetal thinking this would dampen the attraction.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, before I invest in test products.

Also, has anyone used a product called supra 50. It is used with mumetal on the magnet side to stop saturation?

Cheers

Hi Woodski
    I have experimented with bismuth as a shield. Unfortuately it is not strong enough to work well.
    The best way I found to shield magnetic flux is to draw it away with either steel or another magnet. That is was I do with my alternator coils to reduce the effects of Lenz' law. I place small steel plates under the part of the coils over which the magnets will pass. the steel attracts some of the magnetic flux from the coils. This reduces the amount of magnetic flux that wants to draw back the magnet once it passes over. Becuase the steel is out of range of the magnet's field it does not attact the magnet.
    Originally in addition to this I used bismuth shields over the coils to additionally help reduce the effects of Lenz' law. The benefits of using the bismuth was miniscule whereas using just the steel I got an additional 250 RPMs
    Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

Originally posted by woodski View Post
      Has anyone experimented with using layers of diamagnets and shielding metals.

I know one of the problems in using say mumetal is that it is very attracted to the magnets. My possible solution is to put a layer of a diamagnet such as bismuth in between the magnet and the mumetal thinking this would dampen the attraction.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, before I invest in test products.

Also, has anyone used a product called supra 50. It is used with mumetal on the magnet side to stop saturation?

Cheers
      Hi Woodski
      One more thing... I also worked with mumetal and quite honestly you get the same results witha thin sheet of steel at a fraction of the cost.
      Bizzy
      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Shield for Ecklin-Brown

Thanks Bizzy for your information.

The reason I am asking about the shielding materials is to try an Ecklin-Brown type setup where the repulsion power of 2 permanent magnets are pulsed by rotating magnetic shielding on and off between them and use springs to bring the magnets back together.

Has anyone tried this before?

Comment

Hi Woodski
          I tried somthing similar to that, but with no shields
          I had an inside rotor withe magnets at an angle with N facing out. I had a stationary rring of magnets around teh rotor with eth N facing in. I then had aluminum arms from the rotor and over the stationary magnets that held other magnets. The idea was that the outer mangets would pulse the stationary magnets which woud then repel the rotor magnets. the rotor would continue spinning and the outer ring of magnets woudl start all over again. It als had the added benefit of the out ring of magnets working like a flywheel.
          Unfortunately it didn't work...i am so fortunate to have a patient wife
          Bizzy
          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

I have been trying to find a post where a guy shows how to do this. If any body can help with how to do this it would be appreciated?

There was a post on this forum many months ago, where the guy used aluminum foil and a couple of other things, to redirect or shield magnetic attraction. He could shot magnet through what he called a gate. The moving magnet would fly out of his arranged stationary magnets.

These guys mention that they no how to do it but don't give any detail. PowerPedia:Antimagnet - PESWiki

Comment

Elkin generator

Originally posted by Roland View Post
              I have been trying to find a post where a guy shows how to do this. If any body can help with how to do this it would be appreciated?

There was a post on this forum many months ago, where the guy used aluminum foil and a couple of other things, to redirect or shield magnetic attraction. He could shot magnet through what he called a gate. The moving magnet would fly out of his arranged stationary magnets.

These guys mention that they no how to do it but don't give any detail. PowerPedia:Antimagnet - PESWiki
              Hi Roland try this site I think there is about Elikin's generator:

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                Hi Roland try this site I think there is about Elikin's generator:

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/
                Thanks, that is quite a site! I'll spend some time on it.

I did find this method, by James Rodney
                ► ► ► Part 2 - One Way Magnetic Shielding ◄ ◄ ◄ - YouTube

I wonder if the dead batteries play a role other than just a spacer.

Comment

Working...
                X