Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steorn feedback

Hello to you all,
    This is my first post here, I am playing with the thought of building a motor generator powering my house using a steorn motor as mentioned in my intruduction post.
    I have done quite some reading into it, done some hoem experiments and i have drawn a preliminary design.
    I ran into some issues I would like some information about.
    I tried to contact J. naudin from JLN labs and M. Schuckel who has quite an impressively running device shown on youtube but from both I unfortunately did not receive a response.
    This is the Schuckel motor:
    YouTube - mschuckel's Channel

It's not very original but I conveniently post a part of the (altered) content of my mail to jln labs which covers the issues I am running into right now.

My first question is about the amperage through the coil wires.
    The resistance is about 0,5 Ohm per coil and when (in my case) attached to a 12V battery, 8 amps will flow through the wires, enough to melt them in no time.
    I have done my first experiments and indeed, the current is more than the wires can handle if applied longer then about 1 second.

In your experimental explanations you say that the current is not affected by the magnets if positioned well which would mean that the 8 amps will be permanent.
    When in motion though, the coils only seem to draw 0,032 amps.
    Is this due to inductional voltage in the coils that counteract the battery voltage?
    If not, how come your total current is about a factor 63 less than ‘told’ by ohms law:
    I tot = 4V / 2 Ohm (4x0,5 ohm per coil) =2A? Yours is 0,032A.
    When looking at your electrical circuitry, the buz11 only applies 0,04 ohm or so, so theoretically, the full 2 amps should flow through.
    I must say I am quite a beginner in electronic circuitry so obviously I miss the point.
    But which one?

How critical is the use of the right ferrite core material?
    I have tried a regular steel washer which gave a satisfying result in shielding the magnetic field.
    Then I tried a 1mm wire pre wound ferrite core I didn't have the specifications from which gave no result at all when attached to a battery.
    So what works best? I have the impression that the higher is the permeability, the better the result.

I hope you can be of assistance.
    Last edited by djm68; 03-04-2011, 09:19 PM.
Working...
X