• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have problems about HHO

hello
    I am doing hydrogen research,
    I met a few times, but a small explosion, and some problems
    Everything here is very limited due to my work I'm having turkey does not believe in 316 stainless steel sheet here: (

Let me tell troubles

1.salt water instead of salt to melt metals and stirring, but what should I use?

2.There are 316 stainless steel as an alternative to using what I know ?

3.anot and the cathode to warm up after a while what you do you use?

Thanks to all of you
    Last edited by Dr.Ly0n; 12-08-2010, 11:10 PM.

Originally posted by Dr.Ly0n View Post
    1.salt water instead of salt to melt metals and stirring, but what should I use?
    Why salt? I think NaOH or KOH is better depend on the plastic case you use.

2.There are 316 stainless steel as an alternative to using what I know ?
    If you have corrosion problem, reduce the catalyst.

3.anot and the cathode to warm up after a while what you do you use?
    The solution is series cell with very big surface.

Comment

316s

I had bought about 100 sq ft of 316 stainless steel from the local scrap yard for $50. The came off commercial kitchen appliances but are higher grade and cheap, most metal recycling places have.

I only use KOH as electrolyte, 1 table spoon per gallon of rain collected water, +/- for amp control. I have a large boyce style cell because of construction ease.

I had found the pyramid cavitating hydrogen generator quite interesting. I need a sheet bending brake to make perfect geometry cells. They claim effeciency in excess of 500 units???

anyone ever tried this?

Comment

Thank you to all of you, did you hear me guiding
        Well I use a simple arrangement is completely at home with materials hidojen how can I water?

Comment

I have used Potassium Carbonate, K2CO3 also in electrolysis in most of my videos. it's nothing but carbonated KOH, Potassium Hydroxide and it seems to me not as harsh on lower grades of stainless steel. You have to use more than you do KOH to get the same HHO output. I was using up to 10 tbsp per gallon of distilled water to get the same efficiencies as with 1 tbsp per gallon of KOH.

Comment

Everything but the turkey that is limited to thank you very hard to find these materials say the formula has been different, not even soda

washing soda I bought from a place selling cleaning supplies currently in the form of coarse salt olurmu I wonder?

Comment

Hi Doc!

I have researched several hundred hours, if not more, and found that most 300 and 400 series type stainless steel will do just fine. 304 is by far the cheapest and most available type including the nuts and bolts you will need for the task. It is best to use all the same type steel within a cell to avoid disaster caused from galvanic corrosion. Substitutes may include, 316, 409, 430, and so on. As far as what to use as a catalyst, none... tap water will do just fine, or, even rain water if that is a choice you have. If for some reason you feel the need for a slight boost of electrolyte in your cell, just use plain old baking soda, and not too much. A little goes a long way...

Good Luck!

Comment

Yes, now I got a bit of material and finished working hours will begin immediately and will pull the video thank you to all of you.

I use aluminum anode and cathode as well?

Comment

Working...
                X