Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filer Winding Machine using bread maker base

Hi All
    I thought I would share my filer wire twisting machine. It seems to be getting very difficult to persuade the family to help with a spiders web of wire around the garden! so I thought time for a machine.
    The machine is based quite heavily on Edwin’s at: Erwin's Work Shop. The main changes are using the motorised base from an old bread-maker (has slow speed and high torque) and the box that contains the spools has a bearing (2” ID) at the output end, which I think makes the unit more stable. Construction is hopefully self evident. The top-hat sections on the supply spools act onto the correx discs to act as a variable friction device to stop the feed spools unravelling. I took some time to ensure that the aluminium plate with the 4 holes for the wire to feed through was smooth, I did this by using string covered with cutting compound and pulling back and forth through each holes to ensure they were all blemish free and polished - otherwise the enamel coating would get scrapped of the wire.
    The unit could be improved by using a larger pulley wheel before the wire collecting spool, as in operation the back pull from the wire is quite high. Anyway it works pretty well.

Regards
    John
    Attached Files

Beautiful work.

Comment

Working...
    X