Tesla phenomena 20x light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla phenomena 20x light

I had found Lidmotor's - Jeanna's light and find it quite amazing.

I would like to replicate this light circuit but would like to modify this and use Tesla's Carborundum button light bulb, using high voltage and high frequency.

BTW, where do I find those large toroid?.

According to his statement, this light will produce 20x for the same expense of Incandescen light. This will be about 5X more effecient than CFL.

I'm new so please help me out.

What will be a suitable coil that will produce the high voltage/ high frequency needed?.

What is the modern version of Carborundum light?. Is there Silicon carbide button light bulb?

He also talks of a hologram light projected off a brass sphere, this will be neat to make and display.

Thanks for your help.

EXPERIMENTS WITH ALTERNATE CURRENTS OF HIGH POTENTIAL AND HIGH FREQUENCY
    by Nikola Tesla

Delivered before the Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, February 1892
    "Experiments with Alternate Currents of High Potential and High Frequency"

The production of a small electrode capable of withstanding enormous temperatures I regard as of the greatest importance in the manufacture of light. It would enable us to obtain, by means of currents of very high frequencies, certainly 20 times, if not more, the quantity of light which is obtained in the present incandescent lamp by the same expenditure of energy. This estimate may appeal- to many exaggerated, but in reality I think it is far from being so. As this statement might be misunderstood I think it necessary to expose clearly the problem with which in this line of work we are confronted, and the manner in which, in my opinion, a solution will be arrived at.

Any one who begins a study of the problem will be apt to think that what is wanted in a lamp with an electrode is a very high degree of incandescence of the electrode. There he will be mistaken. The high incandescence of the button is a necessary evil, but what is really wanted is the high incandescence of the gas surrounding thee button. In other words, the problem in such a lamp is to bring a mass of gas to the highest possible incandescence. The higher the incandescence, the quicker the mean vibration, the greater is the economy of the light production. But to maintain a mass of gas at a high degree of incandescence in a glass vessel, it will always be necessary to keep the incandescent mass away from the glass; that is, to confine it as much as possible to the central portion of the globe.

Telsla's Hologram
    I attach to one of the terminals of the coil a wire w (Fig. 8), bent in a circle of about 30 centimetres in diameter, and to the other terminal I fasten a small brass sphere s, the surface of the wire being preferably equal to the surface of the sphere, and the centre of the latter being in a line at right angles to the plane of the wire circle and passing through its centre. When the discharge is established under proper conditions, a luminous hollow cone is formed, and in the dark one-half of the brass sphere is strongly illuminated, as shown in the cut.
    Last edited by electricity; 10-31-2010, 11:48 AM.

SiC LED

After googling the SiC, it seems like that this light was a very large LED. 1892Tesla's very large SiC LED.

Interesting to see that the credit for Electroluminescence is given to Round.

Wiki says it was discovered in 1907 by the British experimenter H. J. Round of Marconi Labs

This light can be a 1 wire conduction, only connected to the positive. This can be a self runner according to Tesla.

The preceding experiment is only one of many equally interesting experiments which may be performed by the use of only one wire with alternate currents of high potential and frequency. We may connect an insulated line to a source of such currents, we may pass an inappreciable current over the line, and on any point of the same we are able to obtain a heavy current, capable of fusing a thick copper wire. Or we may, by the help of some artifice, decompose a solution in any electrolytic cell by connecting only one pole of the cell to the line or source of energy. Or we may, by attaching to the line, or only bringing into its vicinity, light up an incandescent lamp, an exhausted tube, or a phosphorescent bulb.

However impracticable this plan of working may appear in many cases, it certainly seems practicable, and even recommendable, in the production of light. A perfected lamp would require but little energy, and if wires were used at all we ought to be able to supply that energy without a return wire.
    Last edited by electricity; 10-31-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X