Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Traveler in 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Traveler in 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

Interesting video from 1928.

I suspect it is other than a time traveler.

But, ya never know! (and no, I have not TRV'ed it...got lots of other stuff way higher priority)

Time Traveller Caught On 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film Video

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
    Energetic Science Ministries
    Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Some people are saying it's this (?)

Siemens Hearing Instruments - Our History

If so I guess she would be talking to herself after hearing something.
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

some connection?

Had that video referred to me so many times in the last few days its
      crazy.

Looks interesting but can't clearly see anything in the person's hand.
      That person is definitely talking while looks like they're hearing something.

Joni Douriff's grandfather was Charlie Chaplain's manager -
      maybe there is some interesting synchronicity deal here going on that we
      don't know yet in relation to time, trv, or something else. lol
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

i heard about this on the news,

how could it possibly be a cell phone? did she take a satellite back in time with her too? lol

honestly for all we know she may have just bumped her head into something and is holding a rag to her face while muttering to herself because shes embarrassed and is trying to brush it off.
        Last edited by Nadda; 10-29-2010, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo?

What about this one? Do you think he has been digitally inserted into the photo or it is genuine?

Time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo?

Love & Blessings,
          Sharyn
          Theta Healing
          Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

Fun to ponder.

What I like thinking about is that if time travel were ever made possible on any kind of practical level, there could be time travelers secretly among us anywhere anytime

Comment

time travel

Originally posted by Nadda View Post
              i heard about this on the news,

how could it possibly be a cell phone? did she take a satellite back in time with her too? lol

honestly for all we know she may have just bumped her head into something and is holding a rag to her face while muttering to herself because shes embarrassed and is trying to brush it off.
              It probably is not a time traveler but that woman definitely isn't holding a rag
              to her face. Look at her as she passes the zebra's rear end, she pauses, and
              slightly turns to the camera and you can see her smiling while talking.
              You can also see the position of the grip of her fingers, they are wrapped
              around something specifically shaped and no parts of a rag hanging down.

Perhaps she is schizophrenic.

At 3:36, she has a big grin on her face that is unmistakable.

It is common in movies to have little funny things in the background that
              are intended to be conversation pieces at a later time that most people
              won't notice for a while. Like publicity time bombs.

Maybe they wanted her to act like she had some futuristic talking
              technology that maybe would cause some buzz. That is possible too
              and those concepts were definitely discussed in science fiction back then.

Vril - The Coming Race was out way before that movie in novel format
              back in the 1800's. Considered the first sci fi book, they discussed robots
              (automaton) for the first time and other things that most people would
              think "they never knew about that back then."

It is possible too that she is a time traveler - not the simplest explanation
              but Occam's Razor is certainly not a law and is only a philosophical idea.

There are objects found out of time all the time - not discussed much
              but there are modern day objects discovered while breaking open millions
              of year old rocks, etc... this has been known for a long time. Pots, coins,
              watches, etc... there are other evidences that the time barrier has been
              broken.

Here is one of hundreds of examples:
              Anachronous discovery: Swiss watch in ancient tomb - RT Top Stories
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

It is fun to think about, but thats what i was getting at aaron, it could be a unlimited number of possibilities. It could be a small rag balled up under her hand...it could be anything.

How about this,

Instead of time travel, what if she isnt even human. Maybe shes an extraterrestrial that has a human form and they're technology wouldnt need a cell phone tower or satellite?

Same with Sharyn's photo (thats awesome by the way, looks like hes wearing a Michigan sweater)
                Last edited by Nadda; 10-29-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I love stuff like this.. It reminds me of this

Ghost Boy in Three Men And A Baby

boy is @ 0:35 by the window

As far as the time traveling old women I think there are many possible explanations.

Probably the most plausible is that its the hearing aid thing and someone off camera said something to her so she turned to respond, after all I believe this is an outtake.

Or like Aaron said they are envisioning a future device and did something to raise curiosity about the scene.

That being said I would never rule anything out..
                  Last edited by Gary; 10-29-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I first saw that ghost boy video a long time ago and never searched about it.

A clear explanation of that incident is here:

Three Men And A Baby Ghost - Castle of Spirits.com

Comment

Looks like someone with an ear trumpet, was my first thought. and while googling for some details on when modern hearing aids came into common use (mid 40's, late 50s fyi,) I came across the same idea being put forward by others in relation to this video. The object she's holding looks hollow, or at least broad and dark, at the end away from her face (where the microphone is on a cell phone,) which looked like like a funnel to me, and that's what got me thinking.

"It's not an ear horn," says the guy in the video. Oh really? What makes him so certain? Because it's not a huge, silly looking gramaphone sized comedy ear trumpet? Well, smaller, more discreet versions (called London dome ear horns, click if you want to look for yourself,) were very popular in the mid to late 19th century, it's not a stretch to imagine a lady of her vintage owning and using something like that, especially at a theater.

consider the ear piece is designed to fit inside the ear and extrapolate the size from that. This horn isn't much larger than a cell phone. It's even black. I'm not saying that's what it is, I wasn't there, I don't know. I'm saying earhorns come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and were in common use in the 1920's. Does everyone know how incredibly fraught with mindbending paradoxes the idea of time travel is? It makes interesting study. Also, who was she meant to be calling? As far as anyone knows, there were no mobile phone towers in Hollywood in the 1920s to pick up a signal.

I guess the assumption is anyone advanced enough to travel in time would be able to get around the minor issue of radio waves from cell phones being directional transmissions requiring correctly callibrated receivers and the fact the signal is temporally impersistent. The operative word there being "assumption." I'm going with the far more mundane and plausible answer, ear trumpet held by a woman who may or may not be talking to herself, or just speaking to the man walking in front of her.
                      Last edited by noises; 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM.
                      “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”

Comment

Originally posted by noises View Post
                        . . .ear trumpet held by a woman who may or may not be talking to herself, or just speaking to the man walking in front of her.
                        That's a good point, you don't see what is immediately in front of her when she speaks. Someone could be walking towards her that she starts talking to.

Our minds are so used to seeing people on cells, listening to them and then talking into them that I didn't consider until now that someone may have been standing in front of her.

But what would she be listening to? It just seems like walking down a street alone would be an odd time to use a hearing device that you have to hold to your head. . . I guess perhaps some announcements in connection with the Big Show going on?

Comment

Our minds are so used to seeing people on cells
                          yea, its like seeing shapes and animals in clouds or mountain rocks, if you look hard enough for something familiar, you'll find it. if i see a heart shaped cloud i dont assume someone made it that way lol.

I do believe in time travel though, i've even put that quote in my signature on other forums..."if time travel were possible, wouldnt they already be here?"

I also like edgar cayces view that our perception of time is just an illusion with purpose. That the past, present, and future are all happening at the same time. In essence to time travel would be to change the phase that we are preceiving. My past feels like it just happened yesterday, maybe it did?

Comment

Reminds me of a rumor I heard:

Tesla is still alive.

Comment

It reminds me of Andrew Basiago's claim that he was a child time traveller working for the US government in the 1960s. He claims that he went back in time more than a hundred years in the past and was at Gettysburg, and had a B&W photo taken of him in the past:
                              DARPA Teleportation Program Pegasus - Andrew Basiago |Latest UFO News| UFO 2011 Sightings|Alien Pictures|2011 Solar Flares|Disclosure Project|Web Bot

Comment

Working...
                              X