Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...need a boost

Hi wonderful PATH friends!

I'm hoping you can help me understand the meaning of this little incident I attracted this morning.

But first a little background info...

I've been unemployed for the last 4 months and actively looking for a job or opportunity since. I've been open to whatever opportunity arises.

I had an amazing reading with Moria awhile back which started me thinking about perhaps being a consultant and working for myself.

I found a not-for-profit organization online that seem to acquire all types of consultants to help small business owners run and grow their business.
    I believe the organization offers training on their methodology which I would have to purchase. I'm not really sure how it all works so I will be going to an orientation meeting this Thursday to meet them. I had to fill out a profile, send my resume, do a survey before even being accepted for this orientation. Pluls the orientation includes them interviewing me.

My old skeptical thoughts started to creep in once I was accepted for the orientation. What if this is just a plot to get you to buy the training?
    Is this really just a sales job?

I have posted on my fridge Illusions wonderful affirmation that she gave us.."I now only create and attract situations and people that make me feel good and are good for me." I really resonated with this awhile back and have been practicing it and really believing it, way before this consulting opportunity presented itself. So when the skeptical thoughts arose, I just repeated this affirmation and the feelings just dropped off. I really felt great.

I received a confirmation email from the person I will be interviewing with and I checked out his website and it turns out he has been on the personal growth path for 14 years. He is a Master coach. Wow, I felt even better. I wasn't just going to be talking to an "executive" corporate type guy. So more affirmation that "I attract people that are good for me'!

Okay...so finally to my point...

I was telling my friend about this company and she mentioned one of her friends is looking for a job too. So I gave her the website to pass on to her friend.

Her friend calls me this morning (I don't know her) and wanted to find out more from me about this. I told her what I knew but that I would find out more this Thursday. She preceded to tell me that she knew someone that worked for a similar company and it was a type of sales job where you are given leads of small businesses that you follow up on but her friend didn't make any money and it was really difficult. Yada Yada Yada....

Really just negative about the whole thing.

So I allowed her to send me into this negative doubtful spin again!

If I attract good people, why would I have attracted her?
    And if I attracted her...then is this opportunity on Thursday bad too?
    But, I attracted all you wonderful folks?

Can you tell I'm really confused right now?

I have tried every tool this morning to shift my focus...Busting Loose...visualizing...LOA...went for jog this morning...would do a 2 point on this but don't know how yet:-)

I'm feeling really nervous about Thursday now!

HELP!!! Any thoughts on what this encounter this morning could mean?
    Am I projecting?

Is this cog dis from the self esteem module?

I would wecome any thoughts on this!
    Thank you so much for listening!!
    I love you all!
    Aime

Hi Aime

I think you're becoming a rapid manifestor!

You mentioned that after finding out about this consulting opportunity that your old skeptical thoughts started to creep in. Then the Universe delivered you this woman who was...... skeptical and negative!! See how quickly you're manifesting?!

As for whether or not Thursday will be 'bad too', I suggest that you go with an open mind and see what happens. No one can force you to spend your money and you just may find another opportunity there that you can't imagine right now. After you've heard their presentation, see how you feel about it. If you have bad feelings about it, you'll have your answer.

However, if come Thursday you're still feeling so negative about it that you don't know how you'd be able to have an open mind about it, then I wouldn't go. Always trust your gut.

Btw, just because this woman's friend had a negative experience with something that was 'similar' to what you'll be finding out more about on Thursday, doesn't mean that your experience would be the same.

Nlivened (Peg) posted about the ZPoint Process in the CEM thread a week or two ago. I checked it out and have been very pleased with it. Maybe it would help you, too. ZPointProcess

Hope this helps

Ann
    Paths To Your Success

Comment

thank you!

Hi Ann,

Thanks so much for your wonderful post! You are right. I do have to see for myself what it is all about. I guess I was just so surprised at myself for letting one person send me into that spin.

I checked out zpoint and it was really interesting. I saw the video instructions and will be using it. Thanks for the tip!

Love and hugs,
      Aime

Comment

You're very welcome, Aime!

I hope you're feeling better and I would be interested to hear how your meeting goes on Thursday.

I am still excited about ZPoint and I hope you find it useful.

Ann
        Paths To Your Success

Comment

Hi Aime

I agree with Ann~Always trust your gut~

It can be easy to let the emotions spiral...especially in an situation where there are unknowns.

One of the most useful tools I have ever used is a single sheet of paper.

http://www.energeticforum.com/paths-...documents.html

The first document "Emotional Guidance System" is one that I have posted around the office and house. When I catch myself in the "bad" column, I do NOT work on getting rid of that emotion, instead I simply replace it with an emotion from the "Good" column.

I do this by either thinking of something that evokes an emotion in the Good Column, or do an activity that evokes an emotion in the Good Column.

It is a simple equation...not always easy...but very simple. Sometimes I have to be persistent over a period of hours or even days.

Have fun!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
          Energetic Science Ministries
          Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Hello Aime,

I agree with Ann and Kevin.

I would like to add that this person was a wonderful gift to you. If you had not had some doubt within yourself she would not have shown up. So the fact that she did has given you the opportunity to better prepare yourself for your appointment.

What Kevin suggests is a wonderful way to do that. He is correct, it is not always easy...but very simple.

Wishing you a joyous journey.

Kimmy
            http://www.paths-sublimeyourlife.com

Comment

Thursday Meeting

Hi all!

Just wanted to give you an update on how the meeting went...

I was early for the meeting so I sat in my car for awhile. I noticed that the "is this a scam?" feeling started again and I quickly started doing the clearing statements from Zpoint. It actually made me feel better. I had to do the statements a couple of times, but then the thoughts just dropped off. I felt more open minded.

The presentation and interview that followed went really well. I didn't feel rushed or pushed to make any decision. They were open to any questions and encouraged folks to think about it and make sure their vision fit into our personal goals. All in all, a good experience. Nothing like I thought it was going to be.

But....it does take a bit of an investment to join their consulting community. They give you alot of support and training for the price but it is still your own consulting business. You need to market yourself.

And that is where I'm stuck now...

I don't enjoy selling and I'm not very good at marketing myself.
              But it does seem to be a really good opportunity.
              I'm just not sure if I would be successful? You see why I need the self-esteem module? I wish it would kick in really soon
              I would enjoy meeting with clients and helping them, but not the selling, networking, cold calling bit.

So I can't read my "gut" feelings right now. Part of me says "go for it"
              The other says "hmmm, this is not for you".
              I can't tell which one is the higher self talking.

I guess I need to sleep on it...

Thanks to everyone for your support and advice!
              Kevin, thanks for the emotional guidance sheet..good suggestions!
              Love,
              Aime

Comment

Thanks for the update Aime!

Originally posted by aps View Post
                So I can't read my "gut" feelings right now. Part of me says "go for it"
                The other says "hmmm, this is not for you".
                I can't tell which one is the higher self talking.

I guess I need to sleep on it...
                I think sleeping on it is a great idea. Then I would notice over the next few days which thoughts pop in my head. Do you find yourself having positive thoughts about it or negative ones? I'm sure your answer will present itself over the next few days.

Don't forget to ZPoint not being able to tell what your higher self is saying.

Ann
                Paths To Your Success

Comment

There's always another ship

Originally posted by aps View Post

I don't enjoy selling and I'm not very good at marketing myself.
                  But it does seem to be a really good opportunity.
                  I'm just not sure if I would be successful? You see why I need the self-esteem module? I wish it would kick in really soon
                  I would enjoy meeting with clients and helping them, but not the selling, networking, cold calling bit.
                  Hi Aime,

I've been off the boards for a few days -- at a conference -- and just saw this. You've gotten wonderful counsel from everybody and you're doing all you can really do right now, just feel your way into it, notice what you're thinking, doing processes to help you get clear, and sleeping on it. You'll figure it out.

Here's what leapt out at me when I read your post -- what I just quoted. I've been in this place myself -- where something looks like a good opportunity, but but but but.... what I've discovered is that often the "buts" are there because it's really something that isn't right for me, for my temperament, for what makes me happy, for what I like/love doing -- and what's keeping me locked up around not being able to make a decision is that THE OPPORTUNITY LOOKS GOOD (abstractly) and so I feel that if I don't take it, somehow I've missed the boat and there won't be another one. Much less another BETTER one.

What you list as what you wouldn't enjoy about this work -- to me that's not about self-esteem. It's about self-knowledge -- I don't like doing cold-calling, selling, networking and self-promotion. That seems like clarity. So I guess if I were in your shoes I'd be asking myself "how much of what this opportunity entails is stuff I really don't like doing and don't want to do?" And if it was a LOT? Or even HALF? I'd look for the aspects of that opportunity that I WOULD like to do, put that into my list for the U to fulfill for me, and move on. One thing I've learned is that saying "no" to something I'm not wholehearted about NEVER closes down the possibility for the thing I can say "yes" to wholeheartedly. Ever. Never has. On the contrary, it opens up space for what I really want to move closer to me.

Bottom line though, is this: even if this is your "ship" coming in and for whatever reason you "miss" it -- there'll be another and another and another and another. And the clearer you are about what you don't want, the clearer you'll get about what you DO want. And the clearer you get about what you DO want, the easier you make it for the Fairies of the Universe to deliver it to you, in perfect time, space, and sequence.

sleep well, and may you wake up refreshed and happy and clear as a bell about what your next step is!

love & hugs
                  Chansonette
                  Last edited by Chansonette; 06-22-2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Wow, Chansonette!

VERY well said!

Do you give lessons?

Ann
                    Paths To Your Success

Comment

laughing laughing laughing laughing

thanks Ann...no I don't. maybe I should

love & hugs

Chansonette

Comment