Relay Charger Battery Conditioning Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay Charger Battery Conditioning Question

I’ve made the Imhotep relay charger in hopes of bringing my dead batteries back to life. I hook up the charger and it jumps up beyond 12 volts but then starts to drop down below 10.5 volts. I was wondering if this is normal? One 12 volt size 16 battery had only .500 volts in it and I let it run on the charger for awhile and it will light up a 12 volt LED at half brightness so it must be charging. Anyone know why over time the charge battery voltage will drop? Will it ever go up?

Also does anyone know of any other good chargers that bring back dead 12 volt batteries? I have about 50 dead 12 volt batteries that I want to bring back to life. I’ve heard of the bedini SSG doing it but I want something that is solid state.

Thanks!
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

It is normal for batteries in bad condition to show a high voltage then drop as the battery is being desulfated. Once the battery is desulfated enough to hold a charge you will see the voltage start to climb again. Keep in mind though that if the battery is damaged one or more of the cells may not take a charge at all.

There is lots of valuable information already posted in this forum. If you use the search tool you can find threads directly related to the self pulsing relay that you are using.

Comment

Working...
    X