Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil wire sizes

Hi to one and all

I'm a newbey to the forum so your patience will be appreciated.

Time permitting, I will hopefully be constructing my first Bedini SSG motor in the near future.

The coil size wire I've been instructed to use is 22# and 26# guage enamelled, copper wire. Could I substitute the 22# guage for a 21# or 23# gauge?

Thanks.

madprof.

Originally posted by madprof View Post
    Hi to one and all

Time permitting, I will hopefully be constructing my first Bedini SSG motor in the near future.

The coil size wire I've been instructed to use is 22# and 26# guage enamelled, copper wire. Could I substitute the 22# guage for a 21# or 23# gauge?

Thanks.

madprof.
    Yes you can , you can even have the same size for both wire , that make almost no difference.

Best Regards,
    EgmQC

Comment

Originally posted by madprof View Post
      Hi to one and all

Thanks.

madprof.
      Try not to go over 3 sizes apart. I had SSG coils done with 28/26 as well as 18/21. Both work well.
      Good luck with your project Lots of fun and to learn. I still have my first one built on large HD armature and sandwiched CD's for rotor.

Vtech
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

coil wire sizes

Many thanks to all for your quick and helpful response.

madprof.

Comment

have problem with the wire size

i cant find the shop that sale the wire with size #22 or another size.

the electronic shop in my city use mili meters (mm), i use 0.30 mm (diameter) of wire but it's doesn't work for me, is 0.30mm is a wrong size?

Comment

Originally posted by vicos2 View Post
            i cant find the shop that sale the wire with size #22 or another size.

the electronic shop in my city use mili meters (mm), i use 0.30 mm (diameter) of wire but it's doesn't work for me, is 0.30mm is a wrong size?
            Sorry your local shop is having trouble getting 22 gauge – looking at some charts that has an OD of 0.0253 inches = 0.643mm – the 0.30 mm wire you tried is closer to 28 gauge.

Comment

transistor

waw it's mean i have the wrong size,

than what about the transistor? can i use any transistor just like 2n3055 or another, in 500wind of coils?

thanks for helping i'm absolutely newbie in electronics but i'm truly want to learn about bedini ssg

Comment

Working...
              X