Tourmaline as a energy source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmaline as a energy source

I've done a quick search of the whole forum and there are only 4 threads that mention Tourmaline - but none cover how one could use Tourmaline crystals as an energy source.

Over at rexresearch is the following page: tourmaline

Tom Bearden, on his site covers how a couple of groups have created "solar cells" which incase lots of tiny tourmaline crystals to harvest their output and convert it to electricity. It's an interesting idea but seams really complicated to make.

I then found the following interesting statement over at ionizers.org/tourmaline.html

Now, as a mineral, it has become a focus of research at universities and research centers worldwide.

The reason - infrared Tourmaline is the only one mineral to show permanent electricity on the earth and is also a natural (non-manufactured) source of negative ions and far infrared (FIR) rays.

It is also known to be helpful for improving circulation, relieving stress, increasing mental alertness and strengthening the immune system function (Niwa Institute for Immunology, Japan. Int J. Biometeorol 1993 Sep; 37(3) 133-8).

Around 1986, it was found in a research station in Japan that, even though tourmaline was broken down in smaller pieces, a positive and a negative electrode existed on both end of the crystal, and the electrodes never disappeared unless tourmaline was boiled near 1000°C.

In addition, when the positive and the negative electrodes of a tourmaline crystal were connected to each other, it was proven to show low electricity of 0.06mA.
    The bit that caught my eye is the 0.06mA. Surely it couldn't be as simple as getting a whole bunch of crystals and connecting them up as if they were batterys.

I originally was going to state that I didn't have a Tourmaline crystal laying around (and was going to get some off of ebay), but when I went looking at my rock collection I noticed a bag with a couple of chips in it (about the size of the fingernail of your little pinkie), it looks like someone that I had order from included it for free.

Anyway I got out my multi meter and started probing - total result after a while: nothing
    I tried both chips, then all the other tiny bits that broke off.

I then tried a crazy idea I came up with, which was to place a piece of the crystal into a bit of water and see what I could pick up. So I got some distilled water and a small plastic cap and placed the largest of the pieces I have, into the water.

I got some voltage fluctuations, to see if it was really coming from the chip - I placed the probes on my tongue and it also fluctuated. I'm guessing that there is still a trace amount of salts in the distilled water which is shorting the meter. To test this I put the probes into a bit of the distilled water, which was in different cap with nothing else and got the same fluctuations. I then added some salt water and the fluctuations just got a bit bigger.

For all the water tests, I didn't see any amp readings.

So it's back to the drawing board, next step would be to cover a couple of areas to have some real contact with the crystal.

I should also get some other pieces of Tourmaline, as what I have was labeled as tourmaline but may not in fact be tourmaline.

Getting some infrared "solar" cells to see if they could pickup the crystal infrared output, would be another area to try.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    Last edited by Savvypro; 09-23-2010, 09:19 PM.

. . .
    Regular service Signature:
    Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

I think you should make it interract with copper. However that still a black art so I can not suggest anything.

Another way is to use it like how Bedini use it. Make a transistor out of a pyrite crystal.

Comment

Since tourmaline is fairly expensive for even small pieces I'm going to take a wild guess here that for maybe a couple million dollars you might be able to put together enough to power your TV set. Just an off the cuff guess but I think before you pursue this I'd run some calculations of what it might cost to get any usable current from it. Unless of course you just want to explore it for the novelty.
      There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

For something less exotic, try quartz that is offered as aquarium decoration.

Comment

@ewizard - you can get 2LBs for $8 or 4LBs for $14 on ebay. Unless your saying that there is a specific Tourmaline crystal type I should be looking for. I'm just looking to get the cheapest stuff to experiment with.

. . .
          Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

I agree...

Have a look here:

Quartz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That will give you a starting point. There are many types and it is piezo electric to boot.

Comment

I want to thank everyone who has suggested other rocks/crystals to try, which I plan on doing - especially with quarts as I have a whole bunch of different types.

Having said that, my original aim was to see if there was any basis to the Tourmaline claims. If a single crystal can or could output 0.06ma - then one would only need about 17 crystals to get 1.02A.

@sucahyo: in your first post - are your referring to the methods as shown by John Bedini in Energy from the Vacuum part 12 (petrovoltaics) and maybe part 18.

@tutanka - thanks for the Galena tip, although when looking at what Galena is - lead sulfide AKA: PbS. I came across a wikipedia page this morning (which I can't now find) which suggested that PbS (as well as a whole bunch of other compounds) could be used to convert inferred to electricity as inferred cells.

Which leads back to the quantum dot's, anyone know of a good: how to make quantum dots in your kitchen tutorial?

. . .

Comment

Originally posted by tutanka
                Galena Electrical Generator diagram Is Attached
                Thanks for the diagram, the moment I saw it, it reminded me of the The Colman / Seddon-Gilliespie Generator (more info at: harold Colman & Ronald Seddon-Gillespie -- battery)

. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post
                  @ewizard - you can get 2LBs for $8 or 4LBs for $14 on ebay. Unless your saying that there is a specific Tourmaline crystal type I should be looking for. I'm just looking to get the cheapest stuff to experiment with.
                  I was just going by some I bought in the past as tourmaline crystals in necklaces and such. I still don't think you will see much power out of it but don't want to discourage you from trying if you think it has potential. I think the Galena suggestion may be better but there are other electron sources even better I believe. They will be things that are highly regulated though since they don't want us having any real power
                  There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

@sucahyo: in your first post - are your referring to the methods as shown by John Bedini in Energy from the Vacuum part 12 (petrovoltaics) and maybe part 18.
                    Part 18, transmutation.
                    TRANSMUTATION

Coached by an enigmatic and renegade Intelligence agent, John Bedini studied Russell's works, and initially applied it to his quest to give his Hi-Fi business a competitive advantage in the industry in the '80s. After exhaustive experimentation on the bench, John was producing "crystals" with bizarre acoustic properties that were also gating in energy from the vacuum that he harnessed for amplification purposes.
                    See Crystal Battery and John Hutchison 50KV rock battery too.

Originally posted by tutanka
                    Galena Electrical Generator diagram Is Attached
                    Thanks for the link. The copper and alumunium things is interesting. I just notice that holding a copper and an alumunium register around 0.4V on volt meter, man battery lol.
                    Last edited by sucahyo; 09-25-2010, 03:35 AM.

Comment

On the copper and aluminium, take a look at Chapter 13 of Patrick J. Kelly's ebook. The bit to look at is on page 13 - 4 (the 4th page of the Chapter 13 pdf over at: free-energy-info.com) - direct link to pdf -->: http://free-energy-info.com/Chapter13.pdf

Below is what it says:

One very interesting fact which has been reported by the Swiss group is that if a series of copper, aluminium
                      and Perspex sheets are placed in a magnetic field, they generate a high voltage. This is worth investigating.
                      It is not clear if the magnetic field should be constant or oscillating. The sequence of plates is said to be:
                      cpacpacpacpa (“c” being copper, “p” being ‘Perspex’ (acrylic or ‘Plexiglas’) and “a” being aluminium).

. . .

Comment

You need big single crystal to get usable energy out - 50+ cm will barely lit a small LED. Yes you can get single crystals in kilogram weights, but they are not your e-bay stuff. I mined them in Zambia and Mozambique 1998 to 2001. Strongest electrical effect is in Black tourmaline - which happens to be the cheapest. AND they are widely used in industry. Place them under big pressure and electrical output increases.

On the other hand, any tourmaline crystal emits electricity. Simply just connect a multimeter on the two points - Sharp end and root end. For more interesting effects, wrap a tourmaline cystal in thin sheet of fluoring kind of material - even place a piece of phosphor next to the tourmaline.

Now here is the big question: Why does tourmaline generate/radiate electricity? You find that answer and you might also have the one that explains how to extract electricity from the universe.
                        Last edited by Aromaz; 09-26-2010, 05:29 AM.
                        Therefore we need to find NEW ways, NEW experiments and NEW lines of thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Aromaz View Post
                          You need big single crystal to get usable energy out - 50+ cm will barely lit a small LED. Yes you can get single crystals in kilogram weights, but they are not your e-bay stuff. I mined them in Zambia and Mozambique 1998 to 2001. Strongest electrical effect is in Black tourmaline - which happens to be the cheapest. AND they are widely used in industry. Place them under big pressure and electrical output increases.

On the other hand, any tourmaline crystal emits electricity. Simply just connect a multimeter on the two points - Sharp end and root end. For more interesting effects, wrap a tourmaline cystal in thin sheet of fluoring kind of material - even place a piece of phosphor next to the tourmaline.

Now here is the big question: Why does tourmaline generate/radiate electricity? You find that answer and you might also have the one that explains how to extract electricity from the universe.
                          Aromaz, thanks for your input - do you know of anywhere one can buy crystals of that size without having access to a mine.

On the "fluoring kind of material" not sure what you mean - could you provide a link or description?

On your question: I don't claim to know but if I had to guess (and by that I mean a wild guess) the first thing that popped into my head was the casimir effect.

On a different note, when you were mining the crystals - did you notice any heat being given off by the crystals. If it was noticeable, then it could be that the best way to use tourmaline as an energy source - would be as an infrared source.

. . .

Comment

Hi all, maybe a stupid question... But how to physically wire up a crystal ?

I always wonder how to make the physical connection between a rock and a circuit/wire? In this case its tourmaline, but i also wonder about other "wired" crystals, i did some google.. but that did not turn up any answers.

I happen to have a little black tourmaline:

(I have to say it looks like stoned wood, or stoned charcoal)

Anyway interesting topic.

I always think that the presence of crystals, rocks of any kind in very ancient stories, fairy- or magic tales do have some merit. There are too much examples to be of any coïncedance (My personal opinion of course ;-)
                            Where there is smoke.. there is fire :-)
                            Last edited by Cherryman; 09-26-2010, 05:00 PM. Reason: spell.

Comment

@Cherryman - the way I would do it (if the bit I had was anywhere near as big as your's) would be to get my soldering iron out, heat up a bit of solder and drop it onto the crystal - crude but should work.

Couple of questions for you:
                              - Have you hooked the crystal to a multimeter?
                              - Does it feel warm?

. . . .

@DrewryMedia - it looks to be mined in a lot of different places. One key maybe: what mine areas produce crystals which exhibit the properties we seek/want.

. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X