Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new technology that can reduce CO2 emissions by 35MT annually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new technology that can reduce CO2 emissions by 35MT annually.

Hi there,

I'm a new member and I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Canada and I'm involved with a company called Invenia. We've developed a new technology, which is very promising and will help to improve wind energy generation, making it a more reliable source of power.

A major road block for wind energy is the unpredictability of the amount of energy that will be produced due to the variable nature of wind. Since wind energy is unreliable, in order to avoid blackouts other sources of energy, such as coal are used as a backup. This results in green gas emissions due to the production of unnecessary surplus power, which is then lost.

The great news is that we have been successful in developing a new technology which allows for a much more accurate wind power forecast, which significantly reduces the amount of surplus energy that has to be produced in order to make the electrical system reliable.

By moving past basic forecasting to provide a decision recommendation based on all of the information the decision maker has access to and on their unique requirements, our technology helps utilities make better use of wind power. As a result, the world-wide deployment of our technology would save $1.5B in wasted power, and reduce CO2 emissions by 35MT annually. That's the same as making Ireland or New Zealand carbon neutral!

You can help us with our mission, by voting for us online in the GE Ecomagination challenge, a $200 million innovation experiment where businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students share their best ideas on how to build the next-generation power grid.

Please vote here (Shortened link from bitly): Reduce 35MT of CO2 emissions annually by translating better forecasts into better decisions : View Idea

You will need to register a username, but it will only take a second. After you sign in, please search for invenia in the search bar (top right corner) of the web page to vote.
Working...
X