Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonating TF using Bedini circuit

Hi all,

I am currently working on an article in which I intended to describe the electret effect I think explains Bedini's batteries as well as Stan Meyers WFC. While doing that, I think I also understand how Gray's system must work:

Article:The Electret Effect - PESWiki

Normally, when you drive a half open coil at its natural resonance frequency, such as in a transmitter, you connect one side of the coil to ground and that is the side you drive. This is what Dr. Stiffler does, for example. With this technique, you make a tap in the coil somewhere at about 25% of the coil and at exactly the right time, you pull that tap trough a transistor up to the positive of your power supply. That way you basically steer a current trough the coil, you move the charge carriers around. On the other, open, side of the coil obviously no current flows and as you can see from Dr. Stifflers experiments, there is high voltage at that side of the coil.

Now let's get that straight. When you drive a half open coil at its natural resonance frequency, at one side of the coil you have zero voltage and high current, while at the other side you have zero current, but high voltage. Now this is obviously interesting, since we already know we can create high voltages almost for free. That is, we can create a strong electric field for free and as long as the charges outside our system that may be affected by this field cannot influence the charge carriers in our system, we can use that field for free.

Now enter Gray's "Conversion Switching Element Tube" (CSET). This consist of two rods, "connected" trough a spark gap, and concentric with those a grid in the shape of a tube. Now obviously, if you would connect that grid to the open end of a resonating coil, the voltage of the grid would go up and down in the rythm of the coil resonance frequency. However, because any current that could be induced to flow trough the rod in the centre of the tube would flow perpendicular to the tube's surface, the voltage variations of the grid cannot induce a current in the length direction of the rods. In other words: they cannot influence the charge carriers in the driving circuit going trough the rods. However, the other way round is completely different. When the voltage of the centre rod is suddenly risen, that will influence the voltage on the grid, which is just about perfect to drive this high-voltage zero-current terminal of the coil in resonance. In other words: this is in essence a way to drive a half open resonating coil from the other side. The side where the charge carriers are not moving, the side where there is only high voltage but no current. The side you can drive for free from the electric field.

All it takes to do that is a sudden and sharp rise of the voltage of the rods in the centre at exactly the right moment. It would take little more than a pickup coil around the resonating coil and some circuitry to do that, much like you would normally drive the coil from the other side.
    Then I realised that also when using a normal capacitor, no charge can actually flow trough the capacitor. So, it may be that Grays's tube in essence is nothing but a capacitor. The rods in the centre as capacatively coupled to the grid. However, because of the significant distance between the "plates" you have a very small capacitance. So, if you want to send anything like a signal over to the other side, you will need to use very high voltages and sharp pulses.

But the basic principle for getting free energy is to avoid killing the dipole. As I explain in my article, it is possible to manipulate the electric field for free, so if you can find a way to couple the driving circuit to the circuit that you want to drive by means of only the electric field, you can use the energy from the electric field for free. And that basically means that you don't want to have any charge carriers being exchanged between the driving circuit and the load circuit. And since no charge can flow trough a capacitor, you can do that in principle using a capacitor.

Adding one and one together, it should be possible to drive a (almost) "half open" coil into resonance by driving it from the side where there is high voltage, but no current, by a simple (small) capacitor that should not be an electrolytic capacitor, and feed that with sharp pulses, since these are easily transmitted trough a capacitor. A Bedini kind of coil driving circuit should deliver you just the kind of driving signal you need: a spike, with a sharp rise at the front.

However, at the other side of the coil, there is zero voltage, but high current. In other words: at the other side of the coil we need to have charge carriers available. That is why we have to connect that end of the coil to earth. Plenty of charge carriers there!

And then suddenly it also becomes clear why Tesla's single wire transmission is so interesting. Because if you have the primaries of multiple transformers resonating at their natural resonance frequency, all it takes to extract free energy from the electric field is to connect the "cold" side of these resonators (there where no current flows) to one another....

So, I'm going to experiment with this when I have some time. See the attached schematic. Feel free to do with this whatever you want.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lamare; 08-25-2010, 09:44 AM.

Hi lamare, thanks for the information, I have read similar thoughts from others, though your circuit and explanation makes much sense to me. I happened to have a Bedini solid state oscillator sitting in front of me, so i hooked up the circuit using a small transformer in step down mode on output. Though I have no earth ground setup yet, I hooked the open coil primary end to a small metal work lamp and was able to charge a 45uf cap to about 3.5 volts and light an led to almost half brightness. Then I hooked up open coil primary end to a much larger metal work lamp and the capacitor charged to double the voltage and lit led a little brighter. If the open coil primary end is not hooked to anything. I get no voltage out. I'm not sure how to determine resonance without a scope, but it does work.
    peace love light
    Tyson
    Last edited by SkyWatcher; 08-24-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I have spent some time analysing Gray's system, as can be found at:
      US Patent 4,595,975 Edwin Gray "Efficient Power Supply Suitable for Inductive Loads"

This is the overall schematic:

This schematic has puzzled a lot of us for ages. What the *** does he mean with "splitting the positive"?

Well, if you drive a coil at 4 times it's natural resonance frequency, then you get high voltage, low current IN PHASE at both terminals. And there's the trick. You drive both terminals with the same signal!

Eventually, in my analysis, the rods of the tube make a HV spark gap oscilator, where the long "LV" rod is capacitavely coupled to the grid. So, the high voltage spike is present on the rod as well as on the grid at exactly the same time, with exactly the same strength.

As can be observed from Bedini's video's, a HV spike will nicely go trough diodes, capacitors, batteries, resitors, etc. So, for the HV spikes, the whole signal line, trough the resistor, the diode, the commutator, the batteries (meanwhile charging them on it's way) all the way up to capacitor 38, can basically be considered as a shortcut. The HV spike will be present at the left side of capacitor 38 almost untouched. In phase with the spike on the grid...

So, eventually, it looks like you can reduce the essence of the circuit to just three components. See the attached schematic...

This way, you have a nice decoupling of driving circuit and load circuit, where no current flows between driving circuit and load circuit, because you basically drive the load trough 1 wire....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lamare; 08-25-2010, 02:49 PM. Reason: A better description for the signal line

Comment

I have done a bit of experimenting. I have fed a 12V transformer with a solid state Bedini coil, the way I showed in the schematic. I could easily get high voltage spikes on the secondary capable of lighting a neon bulb, but with my 555 driver and Bedini coil I could not get the frequency high enough to get into resonance.

So, some results, but not the holy grail yet.

However, given that Gray used a spark gap oscillator, with very smal capacitance (I think I measured something like 10 pF on my tube some time ago), and the cores of his coil were able to become magnetized, it suggests that the spark gap would be oscillating at a considerable high frequency. It would not surprise me if you would be talking about something in the order of a MHz or so, possibly 10s of MHz. Then of course this signal would be modulated by the commutator, so you would get a pulse train of very fast, very high voltage spikes. This would also explain why Gray was capable of popping magnets with it, because you would only have the signal on during one half of the cycle.

Update:

Wat puzzles me further, is that it feels like when you drive one coil from two terminals at the same time, you would have a full wave inside your transformer, meaning the net effect would be zero. Therefore, if you want to drive transformers into resonance this way and want to be able to use the magnetic field to generate a current, I'm beginning to suspect you would have to drive two coils in series.

When I look at Gray's motor patent, this appears to be correct:
        US Patent 3,890,548 Edwin Gray "Pulsed Capacitor Discharge Electric Engine"

Referring to the electrical schematic diagram of FIG. 1, a battery 10 energizes a pulse-producing vibrator mechanism 16, which may be of the magnetic type incorporating an armature 15 moving between contacts 13 and 14, or of the transistor type (not shown) with which a high frequency bipolar pulsed output is produced in primary 17 of transformer 20. The pulse amplitude is stepped-up in secondary 19 of transformer 20. Wave form 19a represents the bidirectional or bipolar pulsed output. A diode rectifier 21 produces a unidirectional pulse train, as indicated at 21a, to charge capacitor 26. A delay coil 23 is connected in series with the unipolar pulsed output to capacitor 26. Successive unidirectional pulses of wave 21a charge capacitor 26 to a high level, as indicated at 26a, until the voltage amplitude at point A reaches the breakdown potential of spark gap 30. At the breakdown of spark gap 30, capacitor 26 discharges across the arc created through the inductor coil 28. A current pulse is produced which magnetizes core 28a. Simultaneously, another substantially identical charging system 32 produces a discharge through inductor 27 across spark gap 29 to magnetize core 27a. Cores 28a, 27a are wound with coils 28, 27 so that their magnetic polarities are the same.
        Update 2: This is puzzling. This appears to be much lower frequency than what would be achieved with the CSET. However, IIRC Gray had severy difficulties getting the later versions of his motors to work. If I understand this stuff correctly, then the difference between the CSET stuff and this one is basically the actual frequency of the HV spike pulse train. So, I may be wrong, but my guts feeling tells me this circuit does not actually work...

Update 3: Of course! If you drive the coils this way using very high frequency, you get this "step charging" effect in the coils themselves!! So as long as you feed it with HV spikes, in one direction, trough these small HF coupling caps, you continuously push and push and push in the same direction. Small steps, yes. But no current you have to pay for, because no killing of the dipole. And if you step fast enough, those small steps quickly add up!!!

Update 4: And now suddenly things really come together. As if it had to be.
        Over here http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post108354 I referred to Dr. Stiffler's stuff.

At some point he was a bit annoyed with me:
        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post65438
        You suggest a conventional oscillator design with locked fundamental and small number of sidebands to take the place of the UWB of the SEC??
        To which I replied:
        As far as I can tell, the main difference between the conventional Hartley oscillator and the SEC is the bias of the transistor. Since the feedback signal is rather large in amplitude, your transistor is basically "on" or "off", which is why you get such a wide bandwidth, IMHO.
        Isn't that wonderful? Basically Stiffler is doing the same thing: high frequency, high voltage spikes. Cause ultra high bandwidth (UWB) is exactly the same thing as "ultra fast switching".

Q.E.D.

Last edited by lamare; 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Transformer 20 is in a parametric oscillation, you feed to center and end on the ON time and the OFF time the BEMF is twice the primary coil, so ON half and OFF full coil.

See my STEAP thread "space time energy absorbion pump". you will see this effect there where I can create a current from this type of switching and it works and has gone from this basic to a cop of 1.

I need to do more work on this but my time is taken up on my other project. electron beam irradiation, but it all ties together in the end, the problem is people do not listen to me well to their disadvantage, not mine

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X