Tesla experiment, arc IS NOT spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla experiment, arc IS NOT spark

I don't know if anyone notice this or not, but in 1923 arc is a DC continuous electric stream and spark is an AC intermittent electric jump. Arc voltage range is bellow spark voltage range. When the gap heat up the arc voltage range diminish and eventually produce only spark or none at all.

From Charles Proteus Steinmetz - Theory and calculation of electrical circuit.

For modern definition:
    http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~tatum/stellatm/atm7.pdf
    In the early days of spectroscopy, in addition to flames and discharge tubes, common spectroscopic sources included arcs and sparks. In an arc, two electrodes with a hundred or so volts across them are touched, and then drawn apart, and an arc forms. In a spark, the potential difference across the electrodes is some thousands of volts, and it is not necessary to touch the electrodes together; rather, the electrical insulation of the air breaks down and a spark flies from one electrode to the other. It was noticed that the arc spectrum was usually very different from the spark spectrum, the former often being referred to as the "first" spectrum and the latter as the "second" spectrum. If the electrodes were, for example, of carbon, the arc or first spectrum would be denoted by C I and the spark or second spectrum by C II. It has long been known now that the "first" spectrum is mostly that of the neutral atom, and the "second" spectrum mostly that of the singly-charged ion. Since the atom and the ion have different electronic structures, the two spectra are very different. Today, we use the symbols C I , or Fe I, or Zr I , etc., to denote the spectrum of the neutral atom, regardless of the source, and C II , C III , C IV , etc., to denote the spectra of the singly-, doubly- triply-ionized atoms, C+ , C++ , C+++ , etc. There are 4278 possible spectra of the first 92 elements to investigate, and many more if one adds the transuranic elements, so there is no want of spectra to study.
    If you don't limit voltage you will get spark. And I think this is not what supposed to be done.

Disrupting spark you will get nothing, disrupting arc will get you radiant. Search for discharge anomalous behaviour (where scientist can't explain it because they don't believe in aether existence). While the input is DC, and the arc is DC, the resulting output (whatever it is) is AC.

Other than vacuum, argon can improve arc (Correa's patent).

For book explaining the condition or voltage-current-length combination required for arc:
    Internet Archive: Free Download: Electric arc phenomena
    Last edited by sucahyo; 03-12-2010, 05:41 AM.

is plasma a spark or an arc?

Comment

Originally posted by 1NRG24Seven View Post
      is plasma a spark or an arc?
      Don't know, maybe both. Anomalous heat/current/radiation seems to be observed from arc/DC plasma.

Is neon bulb plasma?
      Last edited by sucahyo; 03-12-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Perfect! Now lightning is ARC, why it propagates in zigzag ?
        You are right positive ARC was used in Gray tube for example , check schematic , this is the true reason of diode across capacitor - to make it polar !

Now ,recreating lightning is almost done! You have only to recreate zigzag and that was done by rotary interrupter.

We are almost there !
        Now would be perfect to find a good article describing lightning, how it is done and how it propagates.

I'm excited
        Btw : this is also the base for Steven Mark TPU.Correa patents of course too.

HUGE power, but we have to drill to the base and find the source! The real source for our Earth magnetic field, this is of utmost importance, before we will drain energy from it.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...cation-64.html

Comment

Thanks!!

Hi sucahyo,

I have worked in electronics for almost 50 years and this is the first time I have seen this information. I always thought an arc was a continuous spark. Thank you very much. This sheds some new light on some things.

Thanks, Carroll
          Last edited by citfta; 03-12-2010, 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
          Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

That stands to reason in retrospect; tesla was after achieving resonance with the aether. Thanks for that Sucahyo, subtle changes in mindset can give rise to leaps of understanding..
            Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Radiant is magnetic shockwave, see ?! it's like hammer action - you strike metal container and waves are propagated perpendicularly to the point of hammer striking. You cannot make sound by just waving hammer in air back and forth (AC spark). You cannot make electromagnet with AC.All you can do with AC is electromagnetic radiation which is weak and sound in air ,even weaker.

Comment

YouTube - Pistol Shrimp sonic weapon - Weird Nature - BBC wildlife

Comment

Thanks everyone. Interesting link boguslaw .

It seems Tesla use both arc and spark depend on implementation. It seems AC spark is used by Tesla in magnetohydrodynamic device. The output of Tesla MHD is Helium which is neutral gas, but the difference of power can only be attained with ionized gas. Like mentioned in above article:
                  spark spectrum...as the "second" spectrum...the "second" spectrum mostly that of the singly-charged ion.

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                    Hi sucahyo,

I have worked in electronics for almost 50 years and this is the first time I have seen this information. I always thought an arc was a continuous spark. Thank you very much. This sheds some new light on some things.

Thanks, Carroll
                    Same here
                    Thanks sucahyo!

Comment

Hi Guys,

I tried the FES, got some nice pictures.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ROGERS1\My Documents\DMR\FES - basic circuit 1 - DMR08 006.jpg[/IMG]

Regards
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Michael Rogers View Post
                        [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ROGERS1\My Documents\DMR\FES - basic circuit 1 - DMR08 006.jpg[/IMG]
                        Can you upload it or attach it?

Comment

Radiant oscillator can produce ark?

When first posting the information I don't believe that radiant oscillator can make long arc without special arrangement. But now, I am not sure anymore.

Here is spark produced by car coil and my stingo circuit run at 18V:
                          YouTube - Stingo at 12V produced different kind of spark

Spark is blinding white at first

but after seconds it turn into steady semi visible stream with dimmed brightness:

Do the last picture is an arc (DC spark)?

Comment

@sucahyo; very interesting observation and link.

Strangely; I should have noticed the difference, especially since I am
                            working with both ARC and DC welders everyday in our boat factory.
                            Immediately came to mind there is a huge difference in their 'sparks'
                            as well in the kind of results one gets and sound.

Thanks for the slap on the hand - told me to wake up and take more
                            careful look around.
                            Therefore we need to find NEW ways, NEW experiments and NEW lines of thoughts.

Comment

. I am interested with the difference of sound, can you explain? Between crackle and zuummm?

Comment

Working...
                              X