Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1872, Elihu Thomson - anyone got this document in scientific american 1872??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1872, Elihu Thomson - anyone got this document in scientific american 1872??

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has the 1872, Elihu Thomson document in scientific american as mentioned below as it could help in the quest for free energy??

Thanks
    Nat

Tesla searched the literature to find references to this radiant energy but he could not find much...........

In 1872, Elihu Thomson took a large Ruhmkorrf Spark Coil, attached one pole of the coil to a cold-water pipe and the other pole to a metal table top. This resulted in a series of massive sparks which electrified the metal door knob of the room and produced the stinging shockwaves which Tesla was investigating. He found that any insulated metal object anywhere in the building would produce long continuous white sparks discharging to ground. This discovery was written up briefly in the Scientific American journal later that year.

Hi Nat,

You can check on archive.org, they have 3 books from Elihu Thomson. I hope they cover what was in the Article you are searching:
    Internet Archive Search: Elihu Thomson

Take care,

Michel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

ok great thanks

Comment

For those that might be also interested i found this

http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/images/b...853_-_1937.pdf

http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/arch...dArtefacts.pdf

Comment

nat1971a, I couln't find the Scientific American article you were looking for but I did find the following book, starting on Page 56, experiments conducted by Thomas Edison and Elihu Thomson based on Thomson's original experiment, both Edison and Thomson having different theories as to what caused the phenomena they observed:

Innovation as a Social Process ... - Google Books

Comment

It is all rather curious....to get sparks throughout the whole building is pretty amazing....thomsons apparatus appears to be superiour in results to edisons....i would like to know more about the details of the experiment....resistance of the coils etc....it really raises more questions than answers...

Comment

Elihu Thomson apparently tried to find a better capacitance for Ruhmkorff coil.
              IMHO he accidentally found resonance with water pipe acting as "all the time charged" capacitor . He didn't know that and connected the other terminal to large metal tabletop probably for similar reason (IMHO he thought that water pipe is one terminal and tabletop second terminal of the same capacitance)
              He created exactly what later Tesla researched - scalar or radiant wave transmitter. Tabletop was antenna. Frequency was low, probably not more then 5khz and that's why results were so visible.

Comment

maybe someone in US could afford to contact this person Updates page to digitalize original article.
                There is also another one made by Edison in 1875

The New Phase of Electricity Scientific American 25 December 1875

Comment

Extremally Important

Thomas Edison Electric Force.... - Timothy Hughes RareNewspapers.com Old Newspapers Original & Authentic

If someone could spent 40$ to buy it it would be a great value to read this Edison article. Now put attention to excerpt on one of the pictures.

"Tested in whatever way the experimenters have been able to devise , the new current refuses to obey any of the established laws of electricity further that it traverses metallic conductors, manifests itself as light and can be controlled by making and breaking connections"

THAT IS RADIANT ELECTRICITY , back in 1875, found (among others) also by Thomas Alfa Edison ! What a surprise !

THIS IS MAGNETIC CURRENT
                  no other solution seems possible.

Comment

Here's Edisons annoucement in the paper of discovery of a new force - etheric force.....

http://edison.rutgers.edu/NamesSearc...p3?DocId=PA074
                    Last edited by nat1971a; 05-15-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

There is probably another 2 articles worthy of investigating

"on a new connection for the induction coil"
                      pages 417-419
                      edwin j houston
                      Journal of the franklin institute
                      volume 91 issue 6 june 1871

and

"phenomena of induction"
                      Journal of the franklin institute volume 101 issue1 january 1876 pages 58-63
                      also by edwin j houston

i found them here but i am not willing to spend $$$ at the moment..maybe someone has a membership could post them
                      ScienceDirect - Journal of the Franklin Institute : On a new connection for the induction coil

Comment

Courtesy of Google...

http://books.google.com/books/downlo...0BpzmYFqYtbLVw

Enjoy...

32MB file...

The article you desire is on pages 594-596 of that pdf...

EDIT: I just stripped out those 3 pages into a small pdf and attached to this post, to make it easier for you guys to grab it...

EDIT: Couldn't get "phenomena of induction" as of yet, so that pdf only contains the "on a new connection for the induction coil" article...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tao; 12-26-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Thank You TAO!!!!

Comment

And I Quote from the "on a new connection from the induction coil"

" a slight shock was experienced at every break" - RADIANT SHOCK WAVE FOLKS!!!!!!

Comment

There is one thing i have noticed that Tesla/Edison/Stubblefield and Elihu Thomson / Houston have in common

They all used elevated TIN foil / TIN for capacitance. Tesla used in his colarado springs experiment. He had a sphere of tinfoil. Edison was using tin sheet.

Comment

Working...
                              X