Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiant Battery Recovery - true or muth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiant Battery Recovery - true or muth?

I start this thread with a neutral attitude towards pulse coil schemes desulphators (Bedini-Joule Thief etc).

I think its time to clarify those setups usefullness in reclaiming old and dead batteries. Is it true?

Let's assume batteries are not physically damaged or shorted or anything, beyond the usual time detoriation that inevitably leads to failure for their specific task.
    Can those technologies reclaim the batteries? Are the batteries in same shape afterwards as news or nearly so? Do they batteries later are fit to continue to be used in the conventional location?

We all know heavy vehicles batteries (or boats) have great cost. Reclaiming those are of great financial importance.
    You can add your real life experience here.

Baroutologos

Recovering lead acid battery

I'm recovering a 6v lead acid battery right now. It was not holding a conventional charge, and would drop to 3.5 volts in several hours.

It comes from a huge lamp light that lights two 12v 100w halogen bulbs, and was probably drained too long between charges.

I have it hooked to a solid state bedini charger, and each cycle (2 so far) charging to 8v then discharging to 5 volts thru automotive bulb, lasts longer.
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

feedback

Onto the third charge cycle, I'll let you know if I successfully reclaim the battery to near full capability.

Love and light
      Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

And furthermore, i would add, if the battery is suited for its primary usage. i.e. not depended on the pulse charging scheme all the time.

In other words, fully reclaimed.

Baroutologos

Comment

I built a Bedini-type charger for a dead and heavily sulphated 12V marine battery that would not hold a charge. It took probably 10 days or so, but the sulphating disappeared, and it was holding a charge. I haven't used it in about a year, and it started to sulphate again. I'll begin charging (and desulphating) it this week, and will keep folks posted on its progress.
          The charger was designed by Groundloop at the OU Forum
          (12V 60A car battery , maybe dead?. I've also used it to charge smaller alkaline and NiMH batteries, and power it with a stepdown to 12V DC transformer.
          B

Comment

I don't know, because Rick Friedrich has suggestted me on Monopolo Yahoo Groups that you need deep cycle batteries if you want see the powerfull effect on the batteries this effects obviously include the desulphatation and super charging.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs. Apple CEO

Comment

Recycled car Battery

I had a battery in my car that due to age would no longer take a charge sufficient to start it. After cycling it I got it to what I would call a medium value, not near new. maybe if I cycled it more it would have done better. The end result is that it has been working in my vehicle for 6 months now with no problem. I have reclaimed other batteries as well, but this is the only one I returned to its original task.

Comment

My succesfull reviving so far:
                - Changing small portable mp3 player one seconds on time to 3 hours.
                - Changing digital camera NIMH couple of seconds on time even after overnight charging to several minutes. After some cycle able to power mini4wd (1 Amp load) toys for 10 minutes after being charged under an hour.
                - Charging two pair of alkaline which can power real load after being charged.

But just like commercially/previously available desulphator, there is limit. It just that Bedini charger increase this limit considerably.

Comment

Best of recovery with batteries.

I have taken 3 12 amp hour batteries which were given to me because they were useless and one I can get 13 amp hours out of it ( tested with computer CBAII software ) This was done with the Jetjis charger, and I had these same batteries on several Bedini devices.

The two 6V golf cart batteries tested with the CBA II gained 10 amp hours.

The 2nd battery I had would not light a light bulb more than 10 min, after the 12 th cycle it could go over an hour and a half.

Yet about 20 -30 percent of the batteries I had did not show results. I have found if you have a battery that will not go over 10.5 V normally that is a cell that is shorted, or is contaminated. There are many reasons for batteries to die.

Yes I have seen improvements on the batteries, but it has taken a long time for me to work out what does and does not work. Often it is best to not waiste time on bad batteries, if you are just learning this, start with brand new working batteries and test them with both a convential charger and the pulse type charging. That makes for a better test. ( check out Jetjis pdf on this ) he did supper side by side comparison.

The biggest thing I have learned is you need the right charger for the job. And to give up on junk, and keep what is good.
                  See my experiments here...
                  http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Other things... to consider.

Originally posted by patmac View Post
                    I don't know, because Rick Friedrich has suggestted me on Monopolo Yahoo Groups that you need deep cycle batteries if you want see the powerfull effect on the batteries this effects obviously include the desulphatation and super charging.

Well Rick is selling his chargers But it is true that some battery chemistry do better than others. Bedini recommends the Interstate battery line. I had much better results with Crown over the Trojan set of golf cart batteries.

I have been looking for others that have done what the document states of supercharging batteries that are self sustaining, they are very few that have gotten to the claimed point of "negative resistor"..

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Any info on Excell line of batteries?

Originally posted by theremart View Post
                      Well Rick is selling his chargers But it is true that some battery chemistry do better than others. Bedini recommends the Interstate battery line. I had much better results with Crown over the Trojan set of golf cart batteries.

I have been looking for others that have done what the document states of supercharging batteries that are self sustaining, they are very few that have gotten to the claimed point of "negative resistor"..

Comment

RE: Excell

Originally posted by eternalightwithin View Post
                        Any info on Excell line of batteries?
                        Look in the starters guide part 2 you will see that John prefers the Interstate

"" from starters guide 2

JB has previously stated a preference for the Interstate brand of any size, but not for the
                        Exide brand

""

Excell is a brand that Exide makes...

FYI

Comment

Working...
                        X