VMG Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMG Project

This is a little different than some of the other motors I've read about on this forum we're using different chips "SK C5101" NPN chips and the lengths of 18 gauge wire are only about 60 feet and are considerably shorter than some of the other motors with 24 circuits. Our efforts to generate torque seems to be working quite well. I'm interested in everybody's input have the greatest respect for the individuals in this forum and hope to start dialogue about achieving torque with the Bedini style motor

YouTube - VMG624 About Performance

thanks
    Tecknomancer
    Zeropointfuel.com

Very interesting motor....

I would like to see the torque of this motor belt drive a car alternator....:-)

I look forward to your future videos showing the shaft of the motor doing work.....

Be happy......

Tj

Comment

Can't watch your vids with audio at the moment (I'm at work ) though I will definately watch them again later...

Are you just looking for torque at any cost, or are you looking for efficient torque? At the moment I am also designing a pulse motor generator focusing on high efficiency mechanical output though I have approached it differently
      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Originally posted by tjnlsn255 View Post

I look forward to your future videos showing the shaft of the motor doing work.....

Be happy......

Tj
        Tj
        et All, I have tried the torque of the machine driving a car alternator and have failed. Not to say it can't be done, but "Drag" is not your friend in a pulse motor. That said, I am seeing better results by utilizing "Drive coils" and "Gen Coils" in not so much as we would classify the classic method. You see, as you apply a load to the "Gen coils" and current flows, the core becomes magnetized, and if they are polarized the same as the "Drive coils" you will essentially create more drag. I have changed the polarization of the coils so that when the core (through current flow) becomes magnetized (South), it actually attracts the oncoming "north magnet" and the rotor actually speeds up, hence more load, more assist. I should of explained the placement of the coils, drive coils are at 0, 120 and 240 degrees, and Gen coils are at 60, 180, and 300 degrees in relation to the rotor. For the generating portion of the coils producing more voltage, I am also experimenting with what I would call the "Extended Core"--Let me explain, In a Bedini coil, welding rod is used for the core, and with the coil being properly wound to "polarize” the core closest to the rotor as “South”, the opposite end of the core is left doing “NOTHING”. I am extending this side of the core and bending it at 90 degrees as it exists the coil and then another 90 degrees as it clears the side of the coil. This side of the core now ends up very close to the rotor. With the rotor in motion and let’s say just being pulsed by the drive coil located at 0 degrees, the gen coil, located at the 60 degree location and a modified core (which is located about at 30 degree location) begins to be “influenced” by the approaching “North” magnet on the rotor, polarizing the core and strengthening the magnetic lines of flux in the core. When the magnet on the rotor continues it’s journey to the actual core alignment of this gen coil and passes, more voltage is induced into the coil due to the strengthened magnetized core. My early results show that I am able to pick up almost 2 volts per coil, sustaining at least .25 amps and speeding up the rotor, “no drag”. Exciting this is, it is still in the very early stage. More to come.

Thanks

Bit’s

Comment

Beautifully built motor, and it seems to run well too. What drive voltage are you using?

Comment

VMG624 voltage

Originally posted by Ted Ewert View Post
            Beautifully built motor, and it seems to run well too. What drive voltage are you using?
            thank you
            currently I'm running 24 V from two 12V 44ah telecom batteries
            Last edited by tecknomancer; 09-19-2009, 12:17 AM.
            Tecknomancer
            Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Originally posted by tjnlsn255 View Post

Be happy......

Tj

Actually, it is one of the generator designs but instead of a belt drive. We are using a direct drive. I have a few pictures of the mounting system, and currently waiting for the part that connects the drive shaft directly to the alternator shaft had to be machined. One of the other ideas I had for this design is to add a pulse circuit to the electromagnet of the alternator. Hopefully controlling the drag of the motor by pulsing the alternator with the motor at its maximum torque and dumping the energy into a bank of super caps, rated at 10 farads this is tied directly into the input side of the motor. The motor can effectively operate at 24v and the amps on the input between 1 and 8 amps without heating up the chips. You may wonder why you would want to run 8 amps through the motor well in this case by generating an input utilizing the alternator. The energy passes through the motor to create the torque. So the batteries are charged on the output. So if this works. And I could be putting my foot in my mouth at this moment. We will be able to create a high pressure on the input utilizing the super caps and allowing the energy to pass through the motor and charge the batteries like a normal bedini motor but allow the input battery to also be charged from the excess energy generated by the alternator. This is highly speculative at this time, and are not sure if it will work, but the motor is generating significant amount of torque. But drag is the enemy so studying alternative concepts for power generation is high on the projects list. We're also looking to add an optical trigger circuit to replace the bedini style trigger. The only heat in the whole motor is on the rheostat for the trigger circuit.

Last edited by tecknomancer; 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM.
              Tecknomancer
              Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Hi Tecknomancer

Nice looking motor What kind of RPM's are you getting out of it at 12 and 24 volts.

You could eliminate some of the drag by getting rid of the fan on the alternator. I also noticed that your drive coil cores are large. Would it be possible to reduce the core size to cut down on the cogging effect?

Looking forward to seeing your progress, excellent work!

Mark

Comment

Vmg Rpms

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  Hi Tecknomancer

Nice looking motor What kind of RPM's are you getting out of it at 12 and 24 volts.

You could eliminate some of the drag by getting rid of the fan on the alternator. I also noticed that your drive coil cores are large. Would it be possible to reduce the core size to cut down on the cogging effect?

Looking forward to seeing your progress, excellent work!

Mark
                  thanks Mark
                  had the motor up to 1500 rpm I'm sure it will go a lot faster just haven't had time to play with it much. one of the wheels is slightly unbalanced. It was that way when it was cast I guess. the wheels were never designed to go to this kind of speed and came off of an exercise ski machine but the parts are beefy enough to handle the speed. I just haven't worked a way to balance the wheel properly.it is just slightly out of balance as far as the core for the coils. My first motor the cores were half an inch these are 11/8th diameter the thinking was to gain as much force on every pulse and cogging doesn't seem to be an issue. The coils are aligned so when the motor pulses the magnets are sucked toward the coils after the field collapses, but you can push it in very easily with your hand so it doesn't seem to be a problem. also earlier motor. The H36 had 3/4an inch
                  cores and its screams like the dickens

here's a link
                  YouTube - H3-6 Motor Speed Test
                  Last edited by tecknomancer; 09-18-2009, 09:03 PM.
                  Tecknomancer
                  Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                    Can't watch your vids with audio at the moment (I'm at work ) though I will definately watch them again later...

Are you just looking for torque at any cost, or are you looking for efficient torque? At the moment I am also designing a pulse motor generator focusing on high efficiency mechanical output though I have approached it differently
                    as always efficient torque first, definitely value your input Sephiroth any suggestions would be greatly appreciated just a few facts about the motor the coils are exactly same length down to the millimeter. the spinning mass is 16 pounds the motor is 42 pounds without any generator and is 15.5 inches squared without the shield, I hope to release a paper on everything I've learned in the past year, while constructing this motor I hope to have it and the 3-D view done in the next month
                    Tecknomancer
                    Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Originally posted by tecknomancer View Post
                      as always efficient torque first, definitely value your input Sephiroth any suggestions would be greatly appreciated just a few facts about the motor the coils are exactly same length down to the millimeter. the spinning mass is 16 pounds the motor is 42 pounds without any generator and is 15.5 inches squared without the shield, I hope to release a paper on everything I've learned in the past year, while constructing this motor I hope to have it and the 3-D view done in the next month
                      I'm still researching the mechanical capabilities of these pulse motors so don't have anything definitive to contribute at the moment, though I do like that we are both researching the same thing and yet have completely different designs to do it. I'm sure we will have a lot to learn from each other in the near future
                      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Veeerrrryyyy nice looking motor!!!!!

Since you don't have mesurements of your torque,may i suggest something?

From a car alternator it's possible to increased the voltage with a voltage doubler circuit...

So,the output of the generator will be 24v..

From the mesurements in your vid you mesured 2amps from the input bats.

My point is to twick the gen part to feed back to the input battery and
                        the leftover amps be managed to not drag the motor too much...

I'm not too sure if i'm correct....The only way to be sure is to build one motor..But for the generator part i have verified the drag while you take
                        amps out....

Hope to be helpfull.....

Congrats for your work!!!!

Alain D
                        Hope die last!!!

Comment

VMG alternator

Originally posted by peper10 View Post
                          Veeerrrryyyy nice looking motor!!!!!

Since you don't have mesurements of your torque,may i suggest something?

From a car alternator it's possible to increased the voltage with a voltage doubler circuit...

So,the output of the generator will be 24v..

From the mesurements in your vid you mesured 2amps from the input bats.

My point is to twick the gen part to feed back to the input battery and
                          the leftover amps be managed to not drag the motor too much...

I'm not too sure if i'm correct....The only way to be sure is to build one motor..But for the generator part i have verified the drag while you take
                          amps out....

Hope to be helpfull.....

Congrats for your work!!!!

Alain D
                          Thanks Alain D
                          have been considering ways to increase the voltage on the alternator to match the input voltage of the motor I just purchased 16 - 2.7V 10F radial double layer super capacitors from Mouser electronics they're pretty cheap, about $2.86 each for the input side of the motor, possibly even the output side of the motor but I'm not sure yet, I've been mostly concentrating on the trigger circuit and replacing the magneto type trigger with an optical trigger and a controller mosfet. so yes any input would be appreciated, schematics whatever I plan to post everything on my web site and in this forum as always, open source is the only way

Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Where did you go?

Teckno... where did you go?

Have you looked into an adjustable voltage regulator?

Would that help with the voltage matching?

I look forward to seeing info on the results of the alternator output under load and info on the super caps in the input circuit.......

Take care....

Tj

Comment

Voltage doubler...

Check out the the Voltage Doubler and Trippler videos on YouTube.....

They are based on car alternators.... maybe of some help to you.....

Take care....

Tj

Comment

Working...
                              X