OU.com is broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU.com is broken.

Can anyone please convey the message to Stefan that his website is not behaving correctly. I think he installed some sort of bandwidth cap system which blocks users when the bandwidth gets too high. In the course of two days I managed to access the website for 2 minutes before it gives this:

access forbidden due to too much traffic

Access verboten, weil zuviel Traffic gemacht wurde
    The funny thing is I tricked Google Translate to "translate" the website ie so google could rout the website from their server to my pc, in other words a proxy server. It worked for a few minutes and then returned to the above message. Then I tried yahoo's site translator and the exact same thing happened. This led me to the above conclusion the he installed some broken bandwidth system that kicks users out depending on available bandwidth. That or the system was fine and he is under some DDOS attack.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? I emailed him a couple of days ago and still have no response.
    Last edited by broli; 08-13-2009, 08:07 PM.

It is working fine for me, at 1:26 pm west coast time.

Comment

Im there everyday and no problems.

Comment

I'm sorry, I must be reading too much over there for the site to grant you access anymore ;-)
        Serious, apart from the irritating audio robot welcoming message on the one page I use to track new messages, it's working fine for me.

Comment

I see that msg now and then; i wait a minute and try again, sometimes just hitting the "Refresh" clears it and i get on. Havn't been kept off for very long yet, except when i get the "database" msg which is a different thing altogether.

Comment

Yeah it used to be something rare. Now it's constant. Stefan needs a pro site admin handling these things because he obviously has a lot of issues with the forum.

Comment

A pro admin might be nice, but (s)he'd eat the overunity prize in a matter of weeks!

Comment

Now it looks like ou.com is dead. I get no response what so ever.
                As of 11:52 PM west coast time.

Comment

Originally posted by Justalabrat View Post
                  Now it looks like ou.com is dead. I get no response what so ever.
                  As of 11:52 PM west coast time.
                  Yep .... must have been hacked because it's offline, Stefan is on vacation and the last back-up was a week ago ..... so ..... doesn't look good

Glen
                  Open Source Experimentalist
                  Open Source Research and Development

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyTomCat View Post
                    Yep .... must have been hacked because it's offline, Stefan is on vacation and the last back-up was a week ago ..... so ..... doesn't look good

Glen
                    That explains a lot. It's funny he went on vacation with no one around fixing things up if it goes down, I guess he thought his forum isn't that worthy.

Comment

That site is so often offline or back-upping... I almost think that someone is screening the site and when somebody really posts an intresting thing or working OU solution they go offline to "secure" the idear......

Comment

Surely something important was said on one of the OU threads and they stopped it for "cleaning"

Comment

Damn, I said something lately on OU ha ha

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

My first post on this forum but have been registered for quite some time.

Actually, on the outset someone else had my username but he/she never used it so Aaron was nice enough to transfer it to me.

Anyways, I checked whois at Network Solutions and the domain status is OK. Checked the server provider (servage dot net) and it is up and running.

Weird stuff is going on. I am thinking this could have something to do with SM posting on the forum recently but this would be construed as totally pretentious on my part. Which it is. lol

Wow, I see @Erfinder is on the forum. Have not seen him on OU dot com for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
                              That site is so often offline or back-upping...
                              I get error code 64 - Host not available.

Stefan's problems are
                              1. crap sotware
                              2. no moderation

To download 1k of useful datas, we have to download 200k of
                              brick rubble. It is no wonder that the host is clogged and
                              incapable of servicing the need. But he can't see this.
                              Paul-R

Comment

Working...
                              X