X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushlessed Bedini

Inspired by user DadHav.

Small brushless motor from a Office machine donated by Gandalf

12 poles to rewind. Magnetic configuration unsuitable for a simple build that utilizes all poles. Original circuit had at least three halls on it and a rather exotic method of windings. I'll probably replace the rotor with aluminum or acrylic. Great little find, especially if you can get a bigger one. Ive tried smaller than this and its tough for those of us with fat fingers!

Regards
    Last edited by ren; 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM.
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Winding coils in tight places.

Hi ren,

Just make a tool like a Fly Tying Bobbin to wind in tight places. So much easier.

Take care,

Michel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

hmm, I havent seen one of these before. I will have to look into them. Thanks
      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Will be keeping an eye on your work on this one. I have a brushless blower motor I have that is only wound on 3 coils not really sure how to wire the electronics for the other 2 sets of 3 coils.

Comment

No worries mate. The biggest issue is geometry. Matching stator to rotor in a fashion which allows for the circuit you will use. I'd love to make a list of all the motors people have discovered and modified. I've already talked to Ash about his washing machine motor he has. I'll let you know how this one goes, I can tell you now that I am reconfiguring the magnets on the rotor.

Comment

Working...
          X