Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automakers agree on common plug to recharge electric vehicles

Automakers agree on common plug to recharge electric vehicles

To me this stinks of another conspiracy.

I mean, GM puts out a proposal for a new standardized plug for electric vehicles, and the same day a bunch of automakers come to an agreement on what kind of a plug it will be used around the World?

Oh please...

They knew this months and years (dare I say decades) ahead and they are just slowing unrolling it out to the public, gradually making the transition so that it does not "hurt" the economy (their economy, because they control it and benefit from it, we get nothing).

At the same time we are supposed to think they are on the brink of innovation, working around the clock to "solve" the energy crisis. There is no energy crisis, as they are fully in control and cognizant of what's going on.

The imaginary picture that they painted in the public view about "energy crisis" is only meant to keep them entrenched for some decades/a century into the future.
    Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

I totally agree. Corporations are not to be trusted anyway. Ive watched their track records for way too many years. Corporate laws need to be drastically changed. You cant have greed controlling the planet.

Comment

Standardization of parts was considered the most important industrial development yet manufacturers have fought it as much as possible.

I could only hope standardization would include automobiles, it seems silly to me that a vehicle with an identical motor would require different filters from one year to another.

Pass that to printers HP keeps the almost exactly the same hardware on entire series of inkjet printers like the 8xx series printer all used the same internal connections and language to the printhead but the serial chip on the ink cartridge determined if it would work in your printer forcing someone with an electronically compatible 845c for example to not be able to use the larger 895c ink cartridges despite having identicle hardware.

Hopefully someone discovers a hack to allow slow cheap @ home charging of these commercial vehicles so the special 400v is unnecessary.

Comment

Hmm i am not so sure that Agreement was to make "400V" a standard for recharging, only that the max rating of the Plug was "400V" .

Lol this is what you get when a English Major writes an article on electrical vehicles

Comment

WoW, thats something total agreement world wide on a "plug" .... now if they could only decide which side the steering wheel is on
          Open Source Experimentalist
          Open Source Research and Development

Comment

Universal standards...

Amen to universal standards being implemented on a larger scale...
            Originally posted by FuzzyTomCat View Post
            WoW, thats something total agreement world wide on a "plug" .... now if they could only decide which side the steering wheel is on
            "But ye shall receive power..."
            Acts 1:8

Comment

Look at the bright side, few years from now, our community would be able to sell our radiant charger easier, because it is now have standard plug .

Comment

Working...
              X